kayleighx
Y-Man

united airlines should get shut down

kayleighx has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

kayleighx

Pro

1 reason why united airlines should get shutdown because they reportedly overbooked by 4 people and randomly choose people to get off ,the first pair were an old couple, second was an woman going by herself and lastly was an doctor. The doctor refused to get off beaause he had work and surgerys to save lives so they made him get off by dragging him by his legs like an animal no human nor animal should be treated like this. He had blood rushing down his face, after watching that video I cried on how people can get away with this and actually drag a man off his seat after he paid for the flight to go save lives.
Y-Man

Con

Though I do agree that the actions that United Airlines took were abhorrent, it does not mean they should be shutdown.

The companies CEO will decide to run his company as he sees fit, Whether or not that includes over booking. The entirety of the situation is that the man was asked to leave the flight for a later one and would not concede and disembark. Had he followed the commands of the flight crew and security officers he would have been amply compensated with a multi flight flight voucher or hotel stay (as is regular in my experience with flying) and would not have had to be dragged from the plane.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Capitalistslave: Actually a company has to work in favor of consumers. United wouldn't have intentionally overbooked, because of one big word: press. They don't want the negative press, and obviously the CEO apologized after the stock went down. By the time he had a proper apology ready, the stock was down. Stock changes in seconds. This was likely a mistake in the lower levels, and management should be getting their act together to determine who's fault it was to assign the proper reprimands for it.

Their company is going to take a significant hit. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost millions this year due to people wanting to fly through a different company. Honestly, I'm thankful for capitalism in this case, because if business wasn't competitive, these stories would be happening all the time.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Also, I like how the CEO ONLY apologized once he saw the stock of his company plummet after this.. hopefully they go out of business and this will be a lesson to all airline companies: Don't overbook.

They probably overbook just for the sole reason to get more money. They don't care that some people may be delayed getting somewhere in the process as long as they maximize their profits.

This is capitalism in all of it's glory folks.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
But I agree that the airline was terrible in this situation. I don't think they should be shut down, but they should be sued.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
You don't know how to use the word "an"