qashmir
persianimmortal

using violence to destroy violence bring more harm than good

persianimmortal

qashmir

Con

well, we can see in the history that people always deal with violence by using violence. that's why we can see so many wars and conflicts throughout the world such as WW1, the cold war, Vietnam war and so on. well, I believe that war does not only bring good to those who won but also harm like death of people, economic problems and huge destruction. Yet I believe that it is the best way to deal with it. by fighting back, we can deal with the conflict quickly and both side will also agree with the result. for example, If the government only use words to disperse the demonstrators, it wont work. only by sending police and cars would do. if u don't trust me, look by yourself. also not to mention that traitor could possibly be occurred if we both sides only negotiate which also will end up with war, right? Wallahu A'lam
persianimmortal

Pro

I will be happy to debate this topic, my friend. I will be arguing the point that, "War is NEVER the answer to anything and if war becomes an option, then the previous options must be revisited for the safety of humanity".

Personally, I view the act of war as man's inability and/or ignorance to properly answer the question, "War, what is it good for?". In ancient times, war was an integral part of the so-called "manhood" stage, and to be called a "hero", one must live a "warrior lifestyle", a life devoted to the sword. Nowadays, humanity struggles to replace the out-dated prerequisite for the title "hero", as it constantly faces challenges such as those that you mentioned, i.e. war, destruction, etc. So we can now see that if we abandon the ways of war, the true definition of "hero" will be revealed. This raises another question, "Should a hero kill or be killed? or should a hero love AND be loved?" You could argue that a hero is loved because he killed or was killed, however this argument unquestionably proves how primitive and warrior-like our mind still is and how unwilling we are to transition out of that mindset.

I constantly hear on the news, that generals and presidents are saying, "we need to cut the head off the snake", referring to their opponents. But you and I know that if goals such as these are achieved, then the problem is never solved and instead makes the accused ones look like martyrs in the eyes of their admirers. In this sense, admiration will only lead to revenge, which in turn restarts the cycle of violence.

In a world such as ours, humanity needs to systematically analyze the problems in the world and terminate them at their source. The main one in my mind would be prejudice because it is the fuel that runs the engine of war and it's removal should be the focal point of ever nation, rather than turning to war as their only solution. A great example would be the United States of America. I love Americans but their nation is run on this engine of war and the people take pride in their army that brings destruction to the doorstep of nations. So, taking pride of something that causes destruction and death, is contrary to world peace.

In conclusion, you had mentioned the word "traitor" in a scenario which you described as a negotiation between 2 nations. If the prejudice, pride of destruction, greed, and ignorance were abandoned during a consultative portion of a international meeting, then war would no longer exist. A poet said once, "I see humans, but I don't see humanity"

your turn :)
qashmir

Con

qashmir forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Pro

My opponent has failed to produce an argument in defense of his claims. Forfeiture is not acceptable :/

Vote Pro.
qashmir

Con

qashmir forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Pro

Again, my opponent has failed to produce an argument in defense of his claims. Forfeiture is not acceptable :/ Therefore, la victoire est pour moi.

Vote Pro.
Posted by SarcasticMethod 1 year ago
SarcasticMethod
your thesis is true sometimes and false sometimes. That won't make for a good debate.
Posted by Zebracakes 1 year ago
Zebracakes
I would totally debate this, accept for the fact that I agree with you. I hope that you find someone that disagrees with you though, then I could see how it plays out.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
not getting shot, is more important then shooting the bad guy
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
qashmirpersianimmortalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 1 year ago
Chrysippus
qashmirpersianimmortalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had well thought-out and philosophically-interesting arguments. Con had a single, rather aimless paragraph, and forfeited the remaining rounds entirely. Arguments and conduct to Pro.