enginegirl126
Ozzyhead

volunteer fire services should be harassed by news crews about money they have used

enginegirl126

enginegirl126

Con

Most news crews harass local volunteer fire services about what they have in there head quaters for volunteer s use. Some people believe that it is the tax money going to work on fancy back rooms and other things. If you think about it every year dont they sell calenders, chances, and other fundraising activities. This could most definitely pay for those luxury items that news crews complain about.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I accept. Our firefighters practically live at the stations. Not merely, but they spend a lot of time there waiting for calls, or training. Mostly they sell calendars to bring in money to maintain their apparatus and training equipment. But when it comes to the station, they have earned that. Volunteers in anything always gain something to added to their resumes, and get community service hours. These people put their lives on the line on a daily basis. Not all of them rich at home, and they don't always get luxurious things like
enginegirl126

Con

If you look though at most fire services that are voulenteer the apparatus and equpitment is paid for by the district , town or villige. If you ever sat in at a meeting the fire service has to make requests to a higher power in order to replace, fix, and get necessary equiptment to help. Unless the fire service or rescue services are not apart of the villages , districts, or towns they either would have to use the money from fundraisers or grants. They usually go for the grants because if you think about it fundraisers only bring in so much and life saving equiptment costs alot more. For the other stuff that most people think are un necessary like back rooms, work out stations, and other things that vairy that's where the fundraising money goes. They do this so when the fire fighters most of which are at home , work, etc. can respond from the fire house when told they need to have voulenteers spend the night because of unsafe conditions on the road.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I was unable to finish my typing due to a malfunction on my device. Before I make another argument I would like to finish. Luxurious things like pool tables and Xboxs at home. Do you know that millions of dollars are spent on troops being entertained overseas? That includes battle ready rounds, rockets, and grenades just so they can have fun. There is money specifically set for buying ammunition that is used for fun and a different set of money used for training and battle. Or at least we pay for enough rounds so that they can be entertained. Does this bother you?
(Now my next argument)
People are putting their lives on the lines, and deserve to get entertained. Even if they are there for a few hours or overnight, every little stress relief with their 'brothers and sisters' helps them out. It is definitely worth it and fair. The individuals are not paid in money, which is why get the title volunteer.
enginegirl126

Con

I know what you mean about troops over the seas but first of all the fire service voulenteers actualy donate some of their funds towards operation wounded warrior. Second of all the money for the items that the fire service uses for their back rooms is indeed only fundraising mone that they worked for by selling items, having pancake breakfasts , and other things. They then save this money and manage what it goes to for the fire fighters.if you dont believe this there is a reason why my screename is enginegirl126. I am a volunteer fire fighter and have sat through meetings budget requests etc. The back rooms are paid for by fundraisers some of the equiptment that we want to supply our company can benifit from, this is also paid for through the fundraisers. We as voulenteer firefighters have to request to the villiage if we need new apparatuses and equiptment but it can be denied because of lack of funds or knowledge of the fire service. This can change how long fire fighters have to use outdated equiptment. This can cause safety issues because some departments including my own have gear that can be condemed due to how outdated. Outside of this all the other stuff we vote on what is needed to make sure that we had a safe place to have standby or house people if necessary.
Ozzyhead

Pro

Oh my goodness I have been arguing the wrong side of this debate. I apologize deeply for my utter stupidity. I read and read the question and your position over and over again, and I didn't realize what mistake I was making. Firefighters do not deserve harassment from the news. Your arguments are very true and I myself wish to be a volunteer firefighter. I apologize for the confusion, and I would like it to be known I agree 100% with you and your position
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
I proudly lose to an exceptionable opponent
Posted by Taylur 3 years ago
Taylur
I don't know enough about this to accept the debate, but my initial reaction is that people who save other people's lives should be entitled to 'luxuries', even if they are volunteers.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
enginegirl126OzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro admits that he did not notice that he was Pro, and argued for Con's position. Since Pro therefore gave nothing to support their position, and since Con made a case, arguments to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
enginegirl126OzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: I would like to say that Con clearly won, but Pro's final round earned my pity so i'm just not going to give points.