vi_spex
Pigney

vote stuff

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

vi_spex

Pro

religion shouldnt be able to vote for or against itself.. like a smoker shouldnt be able to vote for or against cigarettes.. or a child vote for or against there being playgrounds on every corner of every street.. like with churches
Pigney

Con

It does not seem right to deny someone their rights simply because they are concerned about the outcome. That would be like barring Republicans from voting in the Republican Primary. It is simply contrary to logic to bar those concerned with a problem from voting on the problem. That is the same thing as what the kkk and other hate groups have done. The only way to rig an election is to debar those who are fighting for a certain side. Like Blacks, who before the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments who could not vote against slavery, because they were slaves.
vi_spex

Pro

you are talking non sense.. read round 1

Pigney

Con

Hmm, I did. I would assume that by religion, you mean those who belong to it, since a religion is not a person and cannot perform actions like voting. Therefore, logically the only conclusion is that you mean that those who belong to a religion cannot vote for or against something concerning that religion. If that is the case, then I am not talking non sense, I made logical arguments.

Smokers should be able to vote in questions about cigarettes, otherwise the vote would be rigged. The only reason why children should not be able to vote about playgrounds is that they have not gained the proper use of logic and reasoning.

If you mean something else by: "religion shouldnt be able to vote for or against itself.. like a smoker shouldnt be able to vote for or against cigarettes.. or a child vote for or against there being playgrounds on every corner of every street.. like with churches" then i am sorry for having accepted this debate, because it is neither sensible nor worth two seconds of any man's time. Please try being more clear when you start debates, so people like myself won't be wasting our time.

Pax Domnini sit semper vobiscum!
vi_spex

Pro

well you are a christian so how would you know what a logical argument is

again you make no sense
Pigney

Con

Oh, come to personal attacks now have we? That is the easiest way to tell who is losing a debate; the same will be launching personal attacks, like you just did against me.
And logic, my friend, is simple, too simple. It is governed by one fact: Something cannot both be and not be the same thing in the same respect at the same time. (principle of non-contradiction) If you do not understand this, then you should not be debating at all.
Does that make sense to you?
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
you are a believer
Posted by Pigney 3 weeks ago
Pigney
It is true that those who cannot speak in English also cannot think in English.
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
altering this makes it flawed
Posted by hutch976 3 weeks ago
hutch976
I think we should start a crowd sourcing fund, to get vi_spex classes in English. Maybe English is not their first language, but vi_spex clearly needs help articulating thoughts.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
the problem is the problem
Posted by Pigney 1 month ago
Pigney
Well, first the conclusion you drew about me because of my faith is erroneous and illogical; second an attack on someone because of their religious views is a personal attack. That is just bad debate technique. I had hoped for a good clean debate, but i guess that is too much to ask, even on a debating website. Anyways, thanks for posting the debate. Pax Domini sit semper tecum!
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
if the truth is so personal to you