Max.Wallace
Ameliamk1

# votes or less should not decide your fate.

Ameliamk1

Max.Wallace

Pro

The politics of DDO allow 3 voters or less to declare you a loser. That is just not reality. Bring it Voter/Self worshiping judgemental scum.
Ameliamk1

Con

An interesting topic my opponent raised, accompanied with strong words. I will proceed to argue that there should not be a requirement on the number of votes needed on a debate to declare a winner,

1. Most debates do not enjoy that many votes,

The argument my opponent offers would be much stronger if his three-votes-or-more rule suggestion could be applied. But the unfortunate reality is that most debates do not receive enough votes to make the idea feasible. To demonstrate this, I went to the post-voting section of DDO debates and tallied the number of votes submitted on each debate on the first two pages, numbering about 20. Of those, exactly 4 had three or more votes; a 25% rate. And two of those were debates were one of the participants was trying to lose intentionally.

This raises the question: is the goal of making the voting system a tiny bit fair-er really served effectively if it means 75% of debates end in scoreless ties? I say no, the tiny gain is not worth it, and I challenge my opponent to disagree.

2. There are Systems in Place to Prevent Bad Voting

I am slightly ashamed to admit that in my early DDO days, several of my votes were taken down by moderators due to their rather lackadaisical nature. On my debates several votes have been removed as a result of their poor or sinister quality. If one feels they were wronged by a vote, they may report it, and moderators will review and look for possible rule abuses.

By instituting my opponent's rule, very little would be gained. Don't fix what isn't broken, and the fact that my adversary has not gotten much love from voters in the past reflects not on them, but on him.

I see little else to say. Good luck to my opponent in the next round.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Max.Wallace forfeited this round.
Ameliamk1

Con

Arguments Extended.
Max.Wallace

Pro

I checked the timetable last night and there was plenty of time. 24 or more hours. This site is a scam.
Ameliamk1

Con

Actually, I checked the debate last night and you had only 2 hours around 7 Pm. May I suggest an optometrist?
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
Congrats.
Posted by Max.Wallace 3 years ago
Max.Wallace
Thanks for taking this one, fish. Do not forfeit, unless you are..... whatever.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
Max.WallaceAmeliamk1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments went unrefuted.