Micheal.lynch101
TheHitchslap

wESTERN COUNTRIES ARE LOSING THE FREEDOM THAT THE WARS WERE SUPPSEDLY ALL ABOUT

TheHitchslap

Micheal.lynch101

Con

tHE Reds ARE NOTUNDER THE BED, THEY NEVER WERE BUT T CIA ARE UNDER YOUR BED, COMPLETE WITH PHONE TAING , SURVEILLANCE ON EVERY STREET CORNER, HOLDING ALL R EMAILS AND WEB ACTIVITY IN DATA BASES A ERODING ALL YOUR FREEDOM. iTS ONLY BECAUSE OF THE NEW WORLD OF FACEBOOK, TWITTER, BLOGS AND THE AILITY OF THE INTERNET TO INFORM PEOPLE LIKE NEVER BEFORE .
TheHitchslap

Pro

I accept, and I'm excited to see what proof my opponent actually has that the state is eroding civil liberties, and how exactly he wishes to show that through a quantitative methodology how to measure said losses of civil liberties.

To meet my BOP, all I have to do is show that the civil liberties of the West still continue today, and that the notion of those liberties eroding are illfounded.

let's get it on!
Opponent state your case!
Micheal.lynch101

Con

Hi, Hitchslap(interesting psuodem) . This is my first debate so i hopeif i get a good flogging i will use that knowlegge in the future'. I must appologise just in case my ponts fly all over the place but i will addres your arguments!
My first premise and reon for wanting this debate is I see how badly I THINK, the US government is failing itd people, and I realize that most are oblivious rto it. Thats a whole nother debate,,,

Back to my premise, the for fathers were very concerned that the powers of separation were one of thhe very most laws rthat needed to be ratified so as rthe mistakes in Europe wold nothasppen in the USA.
They did not want the banks in Europetro have the same power inthe US. Well they do have it ALL now. A tiny population of families and friends own more than half te money in the world. The Federal reserve is not a federal bank its a prie one and there is too much corruption to go into this debate but these families have all the power.
Police in the US is have power now they omly dreapmpt ofbefore 911. I have not the time rigt now to list therer absurd powers butwil if youask.

Second premise, itwell know that the FBI can access all the books you read, whether from a library or boughtn fromm a store. Asa teenager , I downloaded "the terrerists handfbok " just for a bit f fun. in it it showed you how to make explosives and timer detonators. It was all very easy to do. Plus hwe to ake facke ID's.

In Australia I hav been stopped by polise and asked for my ID... I refused and kelp walking. \My friends did that stayed behind and when thet came up to see me they were laufhghinhard. Seems they had never said no to a policeman.

I am an australian and though we have more eedoms and less government control I see us as only 10 ten years behind the USA>We both are using , i men losinfg our freedoms. I have not explained this yet, I ghope tonight i get the time to prove it. sincerely, Mike.
TheHitchslap

Pro

Time for the refutation:

Personal Experience Versus Data:

Personal experience is NOT data. A single failure as proof of eroding civil liberties as my opponent claims is far too small a sample size to justify that conclusion, not even undergoing a miscarriage of justice but on the meer complains of having to show a peice of ID.

Are Civil Liberties Eroding?
No, esoecially if we look to history and choose to show this through a qualitative perspective. Allow me to explain!

There is no longer a military "draft" and our military since the 1980's has been voluntary only. Unlike the oldschool ways of simply forcing our youth to serve in the armed forces, this was done under Reagan on the advice of Milton Friendman.

Taxes are not nearly as high as what they use to be, again we see this through Reagan whi dranatically lowers tax rates, then slowly increases them in the 1980's. This enabled more fiscal liberty.

Gay marriage is another liberty that is in contest in the supreme court. More and more states are actually legalizing gay marriage; another liberty opening up with the most recent state being Delaware.

Finally, dude we have a black president which has never happened before! African americans have come a long way, and now have control of the white house. It has sent the message to all minorities that anyone can become president now: women, latino's, african-americans, etc... No one has legally stopped them from running, and therefore shows that civil liberties still exists today. The constitution is not thrown out at any given point and time.

Where does my opponent go wrong?
He clearly thinks rights ought to be absolute, but that isn't the debate here, it's if they are or notm, and just because rights are not absolute does not equate to them being taken away which implies a permenent revoking. They can be temporarily removed, but eventually become reinstated. The Patriot Act is an excellent example of this which has a sunset clause built into it.

Thus, civil liberties are NOT eroding as my opponent has claimed. In fact, they have expanded if anything!

Another great example of this is the legalization of marijuana.

Thank you!
Micheal.lynch101

Con

Micheal.lynch101 forfeited this round.
TheHitchslap

Pro

Arguments extended. Thank you! Vote for me!
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Smithereens
@imabench
the word 'jsut' is defined by the Urban dictionary as:
"...a screw-up for people who type way too fast to think about what they're typing. It's meant to be just but jsut comes out and instead of changing it they are too lazy to go back and fix the error."
It appears in no other dictionary. However, google translate recognises it as Estonian for Jsut, which isn't in their dictionary either.

The etymology of the Jsut originates back to when typing and texting became a popular method of communication. A study conducted by Monash University in Melbourne, Australia concludes that the switching of the 's' and the 'u' in the word does not hinder a fluent English speaker from understanding it as the word 'Just.' Professor of psychology William Brynes says on this issue: "The human mind is a wonder thing when it comes to linguistics, as long as the first and last letters are in place, the arrangement of the letters in between are largely unimportant. We can thus read words that make no sense whatsoever."

This study supports the theory that the word 'Jsut' is the word 'Just' spelt incorrectly.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Are you jsut trolling or are you actually that dumb?
Posted by Micheal.lynch101 3 years ago
Micheal.lynch101
like what
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
lol.
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Smithereens
WHY DO YOU TALK LIKE THIS?? nac
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
Micheal.lynch101TheHitchslapTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious.
Vote Placed by Vulpes_Inculta 3 years ago
Vulpes_Inculta
Micheal.lynch101TheHitchslapTied
Vote Placed by Bullish 3 years ago
Bullish
Micheal.lynch101TheHitchslapTied
Reasons for voting decision: Skimmed debate. Conduct and S&G clearly goes to Pro.