I_am_always_right
midnightblue164

war in Iraq

Con Tied Pro
Started: 5/20/2008 Category: News

I_am_always_right

Con

here is my thing

First.
i think the whole reason why we went to war was because of 9/11 which is totally wrong. #1 steel which was in the towers can not be melted by fire. #2 there is no proof that it is exactly terrorists that did it

Second.
we attacked them

Third.
a republican is in the white house.

Fourth.
it is none of our business
just because A as in 1 guy was not being so nice in Iraq does not mean that we should go to war against people who #1 did not say, "come and kill us" and we are dying for something that we started so it is all our(as in Bush)'s fault we are at war

Fifth.
Beat this
midnightblue164

Pro

Okay, I have no idea how on earth you can believe what you do.

Here are my refutation of your arguments:

#1: You stated that the only reason we went to war was because of 9/11 and that's not right. Furthermore, we have no proof that terroists actually did this.

9/11 is NOT the only reason we went to war. There have been SEVERAL diplomatic problems and many of the countries with terroist interest groups have expressed extreme dislike for us. There have been terroist attacks before 9/11, but 9/11 was the most prevalent of the attacks. YOU CANNOT EXPECT A HUMONGOUS ATTACK LIKE THAT TO BE ACCEPTED AND FOR THE U.S. NOT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Think about it. If your parents were to be killed by someone, wouldn't you want justice to happen? That's what we're doing. We're defending those 2, 000+ citizens who died that day.

Furthermore, there is overwhelming proof that the terroists actually did fly those planes into the twin towers. I will not list it all, but some of the evidence includes that many have admited to being part of the conspiracy, to an actual plane leaving at the same time from a terroist headquarter so that it would arrive at the same time it crashed. Go google it.

#2:We attacked them.

Yeah, sure, whatever let's just say that we attacked them. But we've never attacked first in anything. THEY ATTACKED FIRST AND THEN WE DEFEND OURSELVES. That's it, end of story. Period. We as a country will never attack a country for absolutely no reason. That's not even a debateable issue.

#3: A Republican is in the White House.

SO WHAT?!??!! The world cannot have one party and we cannot all think the same way. I'm sure that if a democrat were in the white house, don't you think there's some chance that they might have also gone to war? Do you really think that Obama or Clinton would have let the terroists get away with what they did? I'm so tired of people demeaning republicans simply because they think differently and because of some stupider decision that have been made in the past. WE'RE ALL AMERICANS SO DEAL WITH IT.

#4:It is none of our business.

YES IT IS ALL OF OUR BUSINESS. If you really think that these people can just continue on killing others and for the U.S. not to do anything about it then go move to Canada. We are all humans and we are here on this earth together. WE as a prevalent country need to face the problems in our world instead of being selfish pigs who don't care about others. And "one person did not just be mean to Iraq". THAT'S NOT WHAT STARTED THE WAR. Once again, go read a newspaper from 2001. And, yeah, they kinda did say come and kill us. If you had actually listened to anything that anybody has said in the past seven years you'd understand. And our soldiers are over there trying to not only defend America and defeat terroism, but to help the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. They are helping the oppressed people who are being continually bombed and killed. WE'RE THERE ON A MISSION AND WE SHOULD FINISH IT OUT. This is not Bush's decision. He may be the president, but in case you haven't read a government textbook, HE DOESN'T MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS. Senate and the House make generally the most decisions.

#5: Beat this.

I BELIEVE I JUST DID.
I_am_always_right

Con

answer this question for me are you a republican
and just because 2000+ of us died does not mean we should just to Iraq meaning we started it letting i don't know 20,000+ die. so if you know your numbers correctly u can notice there are still a lot of people dieing and the day you have a loved one die in a war that was not supposed to happen than you'll change your mind
midnightblue164

Pro

Yes, I am a Republican, and I'm proud of it.
Answer me this: are you a democrat??
Personally, I think that parties are stupid and I think you're just bringing it up just so you can distract from the topic.

And to answer your argument: those who join the army or the air force or whatever form of military KNOW WHAT THEY'RE GETTING INTO. They know that when they go to Iraq, they could die. They joined the military so that they can defend their country. If they don't wanna die for their country, then don't join the army.

And I almost had a love one die in the war. So you can't say that I don't know what that would feel like. Yes, I'd be sad and obviously upset that they would be gone, but I would also be proud that they were willing to die for freedom for others and FOR YOU. THEY ARE OVER THERE DYING FOR YOU AND THEY ARE PROUD TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY.

End of story.
I_am_always_right

Con

i know parties have nothing to do it but that the fact that you are a republican makes perfect sense
and yes i am a democrat and i am darn proud of it
but answer ME this:
1.ever heard of a draft?

2.ever heard of the soldiers that fought hard and when they cam back got no help

3.and even more so after some of them fought their hearts out had to go back

yeah think of this
i don't know what you think of this but this is not what the United States of America is about and yes this is not about republicans either but to republicans its WAR! WAR! WAR!
midnightblue164

Pro

And the fact that I am a republican should not determine my views on things; I still believe a few things that democrats believe. Not every person who is a part of a party necessarily has to believe everything that their party professes to believe or that others stereotype them to be. To certain republicans, such as some idiots who are in office that shouldn't be there (and I am not talking about our president), it may be war, war, war. But what else do you suggest in response to war? A WAR MAKES PEOPLE LISTEN. Not fighting back in any instance is not going to solve anything. Do you really expect America to take a back burner and not respond to the terroist attacks and threats?

And yes, I have heard of a draft. Thankfully, we have not had to use one during this war, because we have enough soldiers willing to fight now. And patriotism alone does not determine a soldier.

And yes, I have in fact heard of soldiers who came back and got no help. THAT IS A SMALL PERCENTAGE. And guess what?? I believe that that's not right and I think that the small percentage should change. SO WHAT. Once we finally get some better lawmakers, maybe that will change. But for the fact that a couple of soldiers got no help doesn't determine the justification of the War in Iraq.

And yes, some do fight their hearts out and I'm proud of them. But that's just another fact: they chose to join the military and along with that pledged to defend their country. For however long it takes.

And this war is TOTALLY what America is about. It's about upholding our standards and morality of freedom and of justice rather than just taking the easy road more traveled by like the democrats want. Once again, I ask that you stop distracting from the real issue and try to refute my arguments.
I_am_always_right

Con

by the way A SMALL PERCENTAGE is still people which is not what this Nation is about people signed up knowing that they would get help when they came back so small percentage or not it is not fair for people to not get what they signed up for. Also no where is the contract does it say "sorry if u do not get your help when you come back" and they should not worry about what we will not be able to help because the government know who is in the war so they take more care of them.
midnightblue164

Pro

And once again, I must stress that which is more important: 1 person, or 100 people? If the government had the choice and I'm sure that if you had the choice, you'd choose to save the 100 people because it's obviously more people. Sure, you're gonna feel bad for that one person, but if you chose the other way, what about the 100 people?? And I personally DON'T THINK IT'S RIGHT THAT THEY SHOULD BE DENIED HELP. It's what our country needs to change. That shouldn't be the reason why we need to not fight a war in Iraq. And just as a question, have you ever seen a military contract? Because I really don't think that you have. And FYI they didn't sign up for the army so that they'd get help when they returned.
I_am_always_right

Con

yes i have seen an army contract which is none of your business keep your mind on the debate but

here is my thing
no matter what you say this is my last time to speak so i will like it is

People sign up knowing that they might die and that if they WILL get help when they come back
But the fact that not all people are getting the help that they were assigned to means that there is too many people still fighting so we should just send our troops home the ones that are still alive home, so we can make memories to come
good ones

not bad ones from funerals, if you know what i mean
midnightblue164

Pro

FIRST of all, you cannot tell me to keep my mind on the debate, considering you've done nothing but attempt to refute me, and done nothing but detract from the real issues.

The fact that a couple of people aren't getting help when they return, DOESN'T MEAN THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE WAR. It means that our government was negligent on some part to provide subsidies to the soldiers. I know what I am talking about. And if we bring back our troops, TERROISM IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE. We are over there not only fighting terroism but fighting for the people of Iraq, who are being consistently and unfairly terroized. If we bring our troops back home, terroism will not leave and will only increase. Have you noticed that since we've been in Iraq, we haven't had any terroist attacks in America? And if we bring them home, we will more likely have more funerals as a result of more terroist attacks. That only goes to show, as I have stated several times in my arguments, that the War in Iraq is a good thing.

Posted by therealsumo 8 years ago
therealsumo
"YES IT IS ALL OF OUR BUSINESS. If you really think that these people can just continue on killing others and for the U.S. not to do anything about it then go move to Canada."

Well I am a Canadian and we do care about what happens. That is why we are in Afghanistan right now. We just dont act like the world police. We are a peace keeping nation.
Posted by shwayze 8 years ago
shwayze
All you conspiracy theorists a.k.a. liberals need to get a reality check. Your naievity is stunning.
Posted by claytone 8 years ago
claytone
I was just surprised that no one commented on the fact that steel of course can ,and is weakened , reformed , reshaped , etc. by fire .. Fire creates it and its fire that breaks it down ..

Thousands of pounds of jet fuel on metal that has sustained an impact from a jumbo jet at high speed is not the same steel that it was prior to the impact .

Maybe it would have survived if it was just the fuel burning and thats a big maybe but it was further stressed and weakened by the impact ..
Posted by I_am_always_right 8 years ago
I_am_always_right
thank you for your apology but it still does not take away the pain
Posted by midnightblue164 8 years ago
midnightblue164
Umm, can I just ask something?? Have you had someone die in the war? Because if you have, then I'm very sorry for your loss and you have every right to be mad. But if you haven't, then you have absolutely no right to tell those who have to leave the country because their loved one died and they still believe in this nation. And there have been dozens, hundreds of wars that have been ended and won and this one will too.
Posted by mors202 8 years ago
mors202
Killing people for no reason? Since when did "killing people" for a)attacking us for no good reason and b)continuing to conspire to attack constitutue no good reason?
Posted by christiandebater 8 years ago
christiandebater
sorry what i said before about you being retarded. but i mean come on. no evidence for something that was so obviously the work of terrorists. That's a pretty stupid comment.
Posted by I_am_always_right 8 years ago
I_am_always_right
i really do not care what ya'll think, but the day that you find out a loved one is dead than tell me if we should go on and continue killing people for no reason. By the way how could anyone win the war, when would be the end? But the day your loved dies and you still think the war should go on then get out of this country, because the nation is not about the killing it is about the loving. Spending money during cherished memories, haven forbid gas, but totally not funerals
Posted by christiandebater 8 years ago
christiandebater
haha! no proof that terrorists did it! proof like 1000's of eyewitnesses not only in New York but the rest of the country via the news. proof like phone calls from people on the plane phoning their loved ones telling them what happened. do you even know the odds of 3 planes crashing into world-renowned buildings all on the same day accidentally! Trillions and trillions to one. Your stupidity disgusts me! are you like 7 years old or something. Your a retard!
Posted by Paradigm_Lost 8 years ago
Paradigm_Lost
LOL! Strongly seconded...
Vote Placed by greenlightgo08 7 years ago
greenlightgo08
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by aaronr8684 8 years ago
aaronr8684
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by man_bar_pig 8 years ago
man_bar_pig
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by troubleshootn 8 years ago
troubleshootn
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by claytone 8 years ago
claytone
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by NowJewSeeMeNowJewDont 8 years ago
NowJewSeeMeNowJewDont
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by notsgniviLT 8 years ago
notsgniviLT
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by worldchamps5433 8 years ago
worldchamps5433
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by mynameisjonas 8 years ago
mynameisjonas
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied
Vote Placed by astrosfan 8 years ago
astrosfan
I_am_always_rightmidnightblue164Tied