stonapanda1
juli.marie00

was 1950s america a sexy time for women

stonapanda1 has forfeited round #4.

stonapanda1

Pro

This is not a troll debate, i strongly stand by this and nobody has outargued me on this.
I think that 1950s america was a sexy time to be a woman,gay,lesbian,non binary because women would be more obedient and less of hassle gays would have had a good time having illegal sex which would turn them on more,the same goes for lesbians.
Family life would be more stable with women looking after the kids/cooking and the man doing the boring important stuff, then the man would come back from work the women will take off his shoes,cook him a meal, try to be delightful and all.If done correctly the women would be greeted with an awesome round of sex
juli.marie00

Con

With that being said, it shows that women were to be seen and heard. If that were still the case, I wouldn't be able to say anything on the topic. Women were seen as someone who should take care of the family and it was frowned upon if the husband left. No one cared about the woman's happiness. The 50's were a horrid time because women didn't get the chance to retain their pride. If the woman wanted to provide for the family, she should have been able to.
stonapanda1

Pro

50s were not horrid they were a sexy time,you are acting as if women wanted to put into war and fight.Another thing is it would be torture to provide for your family if you were a woman, so why bother if you can rely on yo man and only have sex with him and be obedient to keep him happy and secure your lifestyle.
juli.marie00

Con

The 50's were horrid. The women weren't allowed to drive, work, or be independent. If they were, it was frowned upon. This gives 'to be seen and not heard' a new meaning. How would you feel if society said you couldn't be independent or even different? Only a 14 year old boy would see a time when women had to depend on men as the perfect era. So unless you have something other than a woman catering on you hand and foot, giving you sex when you ask? This debate is kind of over..
stonapanda1

Pro

I can infer from that argument that the 50s were a lazy time for women,thats where the luxury comes from.
Having the man, be your man all you do is sit all day no heavy lifting required. Frowns wouldn't stop you from doing you , you could provide for your family at that time of course you got frowns but a true stong independent woman wouldn't give a tuss and subject herself to that torture so yes you did have the opportunity to torture yourself if you wanted to.Why do that when you can rely on the man ,thats where the convenience comes from.
Also i dont think it is right for you to discard my ideas just because of my age.
juli.marie00

Con

So you're saying that men are harder workers than women? That's unfair. Women weren't ALLOWED to work in the 50's, seeing as WW2 was in the 40's and it was the first time women entered the workforce. At the time, women would be shunned or ignored if they were single or raising children on their own. Work isn't 'torture', it's making a life for yourself. If you rely on the man, what if he walks out? You have bills, groceries, car payments, and so much else, that it's easier to be independent and know that your family is safe whether your husband stays or not. Some women like comfort knowing that they'll always be able to say that they have their own house and car. Women shouldn't depend on men.

http://www.businessinsider.com...

https://www.khanacademy.org...

http://www.purpleclover.com...

https://www.csustan.edu...
Posted by stonapanda1 10 months ago
stonapanda1
anyone else following this debate with interest
Posted by stonapanda1 10 months ago
stonapanda1
ok levi, in my defence i didnt know how to use debate.org
Posted by levi_smiles 10 months ago
levi_smiles
Pro's is a profoundly ignorant point of view, probably based on tv programs of the era. I think the position is easily disproved but based on Panda's profile (14 years old, tried this debate twice before, forfeited first, ended second with childish ad hominem) I'm confident it would be a waste of time.
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
Do you mean women were much more beautiful and made guys want me to have sex or was it a time of more sexual relations then any other American history? Burden of proof is on you buddy.
Posted by DNehlsen 10 months ago
DNehlsen
"I agree 100%"