pickleoverlord
DefenderofBacon

was Donald trump the wrong choice?

pickleoverlord

Con

I am not really sure if Donald trump was the right choice to be the president. he keeps saying "make America great again" but does he really mean that?
DefenderofBacon

Pro

I choose to accept this debate.

Yes, I believe he does mean that. I look forward to debating this topic with you more thoroughly. If you could give me any arguments in how you see that he won't be fit then I would be glad to hear them.
pickleoverlord

Con

so in my argument i believe the wall which is already being built will stop the trade economy from mexico which will lower our place in the world ranks. and thanks to his deporting laws anyone who is even suspected of a crime could be deported
DefenderofBacon

Pro

(In reply to what instigator said).

Yes the wall is going to be built. However, it will not stop trade with Mexico at all. According to state.gov, 80% of Mexico's exports come to the United States. Unlike what the news may have been telling you, we do not have a codependent relationship. They are dependent on us buying their things.

As for the deporting laws, where in the law(s) does it say that anyone who is suspected of a crime could be deported? Certainly not "anyone" can be deported, even if they have documents proving they are a natural-born US citizen. I believe people that they suspect of crime should be put under investigation but not immediately removed from the country. Again, if you could point to the piece of the law that says that I would be more than willing to read.

https://www.state.gov...;
pickleoverlord

Con

OK I actually really like your side but maybe he is being to strict. he said "who's Putin" and " I never heard of him" when he clearly knows who he is. he want to be friends with them but have you seen what they can do.
DefenderofBacon

Pro

I don't believe he is being too strict. He is following the laws placed before his time. "If you are an illegal immigrant, then you should be deported".

I don't remember when he said that. If you could source it that would be great. I do remember when Trump said that the US wasn't so innocent when compared to Putin. If you are referring to this, I hate to break it to you, but he is right. The US has been caught doing a multitude of things that the general public doesn't like.

Why shouldn't we want to be friends with the country who has the largest nuclear arsenal? The only reason the press and Democrats are angry is because they hacked the DNC and exposed everything that they were doing. When you have to rely on another government (espeically one that we fought in the Cold War) to hear the truth from, it can come as quite the shock.

http://www.icanw.org...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...