yort31
Exasperated_Youth

was Jesus really white and other misdemeanors

Con Tied Pro

yort31

Con

In the bible it says nothing about Jesus being white. It also says nothing about how god was created or if he has been since the beginning of time. Also if Adam and eve were forbidden from Eden then where is Eden.
Exasperated_Youth

Pro

Indeed it doesn't, but his message of love and peace should be heeded regardless of colour shouldn't it? However, we both know that people aren't quite so perfect, and that many white people find it easier to relate to other white people. So if the Church finds that they can better the world, even ever so slightly, by portraying Jesus as white, why should they not?

St John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God."

That would suggest, to me at least, that God has been since the beginning of time. Also, the phrase "I am the Alpha and the Omega" appears several times in Revelations. As you probably know, alpha and omega are the first and last letters of the Classical Greek alphabet respectively. So God is both the beginning and the end? I would say that this supports the idea that God has been since the beginning of time.

Eden could be many places in the Middle East. As the events of Eden take place thousands of years ago, Eden could be much changed, perhaps now dry and arid. Eden could even just be a metaphor for a happier time and place, one filled with naive innocence, as opposed to the cynical world of today. There has been speculation that much of the Bible was intended to be taken as allegory and metaphor, not literally.
yort31

Con

yort31 forfeited this round.
Exasperated_Youth

Pro

Not entirely sure what to do now. My first debate. All arguments extended?
yort31

Con

yort31 forfeited this round.
Exasperated_Youth

Pro

All arguments extended again I guess. Vote CON.
Posted by Exasperated_Youth 7 years ago
Exasperated_Youth
I meant vote PRO in Round 3. That could have cost me dearly.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
I've just read some literature on solipsism, and have decided that it is logically unsound.
studentathletechristian8
"For you, it is. If you're a solipsist, then Jesus doesn't exist, but only you exist. Everything Jesus said is not objective, but rather his opinions and perceptions. Nobody has to fear God or worry about heaven because it all depends on how each individual perceives the world. If someone perceives the world of there being no Hell, then there is no Hell for that person. Those are the implications of solipsism for you. But that's just my perception. :P" -Geo

I do believe that Jesus Christ existed and still does exist in some form. I believe that everything Jesus said was true in a Christian perspective, but can be interpreted in whatever way one wishes to perceive. People can perceive the world without God or the existence of a Heaven of Hell; thus, this is also based on belief. Yes, you were right that it is your perception of your posted paragraph. Why I don't understand is why you're riding me on this constantly when you don't nearly question others as much on their own personal beliefs?
Posted by GeoLaureate8 7 years ago
GeoLaureate8
"I believe that Christ had a meaning. You can believe what meaning he had, but I'm quite certain he had a meaning. Is it really that bad to be a solopsist?" - studentatheletechristian8

For you, it is. If you're a solipsist, then Jesus doesn't exist, but only you exist. Everything Jesus said is not objective, but rather his opinions and perceptions. Nobody has to fear God or worry about heaven because it all depends on how each individual perceives the world. If someone perceives the world of there being no Hell, then there is no Hell for that person. Those are the implications of solipsism for you. But that's just my perception. :P
Posted by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
Being white is a misdemeanor!

*GASP*
studentathletechristian8
I believe that Christ had a meaning. You can believe what meaning he had, but I'm quite certain he had a meaning. Is it really that bad to be a solopsist?
Posted by Puck 7 years ago
Puck
His meaning? Don't you mean your meaning, Mr Solipsist? :P
studentathletechristian8
Jesus was not "white." Most likely Middle Eastern. The Bible really never gives a physical description of Jesus. Besides, Christains (true Christians) do not need to know God's physical Incarnation; only His meaning and message on this earth.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Argument is incoherent. State a proper resolution.
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
yort31Exasperated_YouthTied
Vote Placed by Hurstman 7 years ago
Hurstman
yort31Exasperated_YouthTied