frankfurter50
Corgi_Attack

was barack obama a good president?

Corgi_Attack

frankfurter50

Con

now, keep in mind, corgi, the stance i take on this debate is not my actual one. i just want you to support him. i'm sure you'll win, since i won't be doing too much debating. go ahead. tell me he's a good president.
Corgi_Attack

Pro

Hi Frankfurter,

Thanks for starting this debate. I look forward to a good challenge.

I thought you would be taking the other side and saying he is a good president. I was planning on arguing why he is a bad president. Are you sure you want to debate against your personal beliefs? If so, I am willing to make the case for why Obama was great. Are we doing net benefits meaning arguing why our position brings the most advantage/least disadvantages. Let me know what stance you are taking and good luck!
frankfurter50

Con

i'm doing this for humor purposes. go ahead, start telling me why he's so good.
Corgi_Attack

Pro

I would like to reiterate that I would have preferred the other side. However, I am going to prove Obama was a good president. Since my opponent has not presented any arguments I will present my case on why Obama was good. Here it is:

Argument 1: Barack Obama has renewed America"s economic vitality

Through spending trillions on wars in the middle east, deregulating Wall Street, cutting taxes for the rich and doing nothing about the housing bubble, Bush and the republicans caused the second worst recession in the history of the United States. The unemployment rate had reached 10%. Gasoline was $4.11 a gallon on average. The stock market had plummeted to disastrously low levels. Through saving the banking institutions, saving the auto industry and many effective stimulus programs, Obama restored our economy to pre-recession levels. He greatly reduced unemployment, lowered the price of gas and caused a great increase to our stock market. It was only through Obama"s clear vision and leadership did our economy recover.

Argument 2: Obama"s Foreign Policy has been successful

It is important to note that it was Obama"s predecessor who was responsible for the destabilization of the middle east. It was President Bush and the republicans who caused the disastrous invasion of Iraq. There was zero evidence of yellow-cake uranium. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorist attack. The government had lied to the American people and had gone to war on false pretenses.

To quote President-Elect Donald J. Trump:
"Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true."

or: "They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction; there were none. And they knew there were none." (Read more under my FactCheck.org link in sources).

Mike Flynn, Previous Head of the National Intel Agency and upcoming National Security Advisor (for the Trump Administration) said "The historic lesson is that it was a strategic failure to go into Iraq. History will not be and should not be kind with that decision."

Rand Paul, a republican on the Senate Foreign Relations committee said:
"The war (in Iraq), even at the time, was a mistake, given the intelligence"

Obama was one of the few who voted against the war in Iraq. He orchestrated the strategic mission to eliminate Osama Bin Laden. In addition to the war against terror, Obama was instrumental in producing the Paris Climate Agreements; the agreement was a huge victory in the fight against global warming. Through these accomplishments he helped America's reputation abroad.

Argument 3: Obama"s domestic policies have also improved our country

Obama increased effective policing and helped put criminals in jail. Obama has greatly reduced the crime rate in America. He has also fought on the side of civil rights in social issues. One of his accomplishments was the eliminate of the "don"t ask don"t tell" policy in our military. Obama had increased Pell grant spending which provided invaluable financial support to help young people pay for college.

Argument 4: Obama has been a president of great character

Throughout his presidency Obama has had relatively few scandals. He has treated the presidency with the temperament and dignity it deserves. He has shown diplomacy with other nations.

These aforementioned arguments are sufficient to shown Barack Obama was a good president. This is why his current approval rating is one of the highest among all presidents. I await my opponent's arguments in the final round.

http://www.washingtontimes.com...

http://www.factcheck.org...

https://www.bls.gov...

http://www.forwardprogressives.com...

https://alibertarianfuture.com...

http://washingtonmonthly.com...
frankfurter50

Con

i totally agree.
Corgi_Attack

Pro

My opponent has conceded this debate. Voters can extend all my assertions since they go unanswered.

Thank you for reading, and I apologize if this debate was not too engaging. I did encourage my opponent to come up with counter arguments.

I urge a vote in the PRO because I was the only debater to produce arguments. Furthermore, my opponent has shown zero effort in this debate.
Posted by frankfurter50 7 months ago
frankfurter50
But it was very satisfying.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
This is a retarded debate.
Posted by Corgi_Attack 1 year ago
Corgi_Attack
Okay, thanks
Posted by frankfurter50 1 year ago
frankfurter50
yeah, i guess i can't prove you are. you sure seem like one, though!
Posted by Corgi_Attack 1 year ago
Corgi_Attack
And I'm still waiting for evidence that I am in fact a conservative
Posted by Corgi_Attack 1 year ago
Corgi_Attack
You sure see politics as some sort of "team sport" lol
Posted by frankfurter50 1 year ago
frankfurter50
i'm no benedict arnold!

you sure are, though!
Posted by Corgi_Attack 1 year ago
Corgi_Attack
Okay. Still u coulda made some args against Obama
Posted by frankfurter50 1 year ago
frankfurter50
honestly, i don't mind losing.
Posted by frankfurter50 1 year ago
frankfurter50
good job, cat47!

to be honest, i should have put this under humor. it's way too funny for the "politics" category.
Vote Placed by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
Hylian_3000
frankfurter50Corgi_AttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by Cat47 1 year ago
Cat47
frankfurter50Corgi_AttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Seems like Con was simply trying to waste Corgi's time. The debate was frankly not engaging for them from what it seems, but Corgi actually showed arguments and sources.