watermelons ahould be sold with happy faces drawn onthem

Started: 11/4/2013 Category: Funny

Watermelons should be sold with happy faces drawn on them. It would brighten peoples day. It is a known fact that smiles are contagious. If people pass by these happy watermelons, they would smile too. With everybody smiling, the world would be a happy, fun place.

Hello. I never thought I would be debating this subject, but I am very excited to do so.

My opinion is that the added effort to make people happy will only cost more money. To combat with extra expenses, stores will have raise prices on items like watermelons.

Higher prices mean customers frowning. This will only make people sad and make them pay more.

It sounds nice, but drawing faces on watermelons will cost customers a little more, in turn making them more upset.

If watermelon's prices were jacked up due to the drawings of happy faces on them, it would only be by a few cents. Money doesn't buy you happiness. Having silly faces on your fruit does. It can turn bad moods good, turn frowns upside down, and shine light through the darkness. For those people who can't afford to spend a few extra cents, they should take advantage of a take a penny, leave a penny dish. There are always ways to get a few extra cents. It's happiness that really counts.

You go to the grocery store to buy groceries, not to experience happiness.

It seems as if your side of the argument is rather opinionated. Does everyone find fruit faces funny? I don't.

Back to the money issue. The price increase would not be stupendous, I agree, but a few cents in today's economy can make a big deal. And stores order a lot of fruit, particularly watermelons, in the summer. It would be time consuming for something that most people wouldn't even notice or even purchase.

iruini09 forfeited this round.

I would like to sum up my stance to the voters. I am against drawing faces on watermelons because it will cost a little extra and there really is no point to it. You go to the grocery store to buy groceries, not to receive happiness. Also, not everybody finds fruit faces funny - I certainly don't.

This is pointless and time-consuming. Instead of finding ways to make people laugh, grocery stores should turn their attention on lowering prices. This would result in a lot more smiles.
Posted by KaleBevilacqua 2 years ago
Umm...this is a rather odd debate topic.
Vote Placed by Adam2 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I would say neither one of them were more convincing than the other.