GarretKadeDupre
sabineparish

we didn't come from monkeys!!!

sabineparish

GarretKadeDupre

Pro

we didn't come from monkeys i meen seriously how could any believe something as stupid as that?
sabineparish

Con

Maybe I shouldn't have accepted this debate as I agree that "we" didn't come from monkeys as I know my parents, but we all (homosapiens) share common ancestors with other primates (monkeys).
We can see that we share 98.8% of our DNA with Chimps and Bonobo monkeys which are our closest species relatives. While that simple statement cannot be used to unequivocally state that we "came" from an ancestor that we share with primates it is the beginning of a long chain of evidence confirming the evolutionary process.

Would you prefer to follow the genetic string of evidence? Geneticist have been able to map the history of human migration and evolution from Africa. Or would you prefer to trace the archaeological and physiological links such as why humans tend to have lower back problems due to the original spinal design types meant for using all four limbs? Or maybe our last 5 coccyx vertebrate that are the evolutionary remnant of our tail? Or possibly the fossil trail that also supports the genetic and physiological evidence?

1. http://www.amnh.org...
2. https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com...
3. http://humanorigins.si.edu...
GarretKadeDupre

Pro

Please vote Pro as my opponent has explicitly conceded the resolution:

"[...] I agree that "we" didn't come from monkeys [...]"

Thanks for this debate.
sabineparish

Con

After some searching I have found some information that does appear to confirm some of us do in deed come from monkeys and there may be an argument that you and I could be in that group.

The evidence you ask? In your original post, I make the assertion that you were monkeying around and I, well, the resemblance of me and the monkey on an organ grinder is too much for coincidence.
GarretKadeDupre

Pro

Wow. I did not see that coming. I had no idea that my opponent would be bold enough to call my bluff; I confess, I actually am a monkey, and I am monkeying around.

Before my esteemed opponent presents even more undeniable evidence of this fact, and further humiliates me, here is a photo of myself as proof:

sabineparish

Con

The link is to a picture of my family at the Grand Canyon. Some say I look like a young Charlton Heston but in this picture my dad really does favor him. I'm the second one from the right.

http://images.amcnetworks.com...
Posted by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
@ChloeMclverFloyd Why is the idea of God stupid?
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd
Ah, I see. Then please just forget about my prior comment. Thank you, if you disregard my last comment.
:) Have a nice day!
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
yea lol
Posted by sabineparish 3 years ago
sabineparish
I think he was referring to my final argument proving we came from monkeys. Please note this ended as humorous. It was not really a evolution debate.
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd
Really, what was so funny? Did your argument pop up instead?
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
LOL I did NOT see that picture coming, I was not prepared for the hilarity that ensued when I clicked on it.
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd
Okay, no "we" did not evolve from monkeys. We evolved from apes. Honestly, if you are going to stat a real debate, (or even a fake debate,) you should have your facts straight. Also, it would be nice if you would work on your grammar and punctuation, (I really hope you tried to look stupid so people would not take your debate seriously, because you did look ridiculous,) here is an example, "we didn't come from monkeys i meen seriously how could any believe something as stupid as that?" Wow, I know right. Grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. Very "good". One last thing, I believe in evolution, and it is not stupid. If anything is hard to believe and stupid, it is the whole idea of God.

End Note- I am NOT calling people who believe in God stupid, I am simply stating that the idea of God
is stupid.
Posted by ChloeMcIverFloyd 3 years ago
ChloeMcIverFloyd

is stupid.
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
Welcome to the site =D
Posted by sabineparish 3 years ago
sabineparish
I admit that I jumped the gun and accepted based on my preconception of the statement as creationist rhetoric.
This is my first day so I expect to get thrashed.
Vote Placed by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
GarretKadeDupresabineparishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded that we didn't come from monkeys, as we, the current humans, came from homo ________, which came from Homo ________, and etc down the line to the point where "we" cannot have been said to have come from monkeys, thus the concession either way it is taken is proof of Sabine's losing arguments. Spelling mistake on "indeed" No sources as the sources were not relevant to direct ancestry. Conduct to pro for not conceding.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
GarretKadeDupresabineparishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Really couldn't decide! Both had good arguments...
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
GarretKadeDupresabineparishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had sound arguments and sources to back them up with. However, pro wins the specialness award (conduct point).
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
GarretKadeDupresabineparishTied
Reasons for voting decision: Clear win for Con. Lighthearted banter at the end.
Vote Placed by jamccartney 3 years ago
jamccartney
GarretKadeDupresabineparishTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a sad debate. Con made a good start, but just made uneducated arguments in the end. Pro did not do ANYTHING. I do not know who he is, but he needs to make better arguments.