nismo2009
dan564891

we should eat cows without feeling the guilt and sympathy

nismo2009

Pro

Ok, Fellas here is what I think. I have been argueing with someone about this this evening. That when we eat beef or veal, we should not feel guilty or sympathy about it. Because Firstly God said we can. Secondly, Cows have no self awareness. They dont understand. If they dont understand, it means that apart from the physical disturbance that the pain it brings when human kill them, They experience no mental trauma. Therefore we, as we eat fish have no guilt about it.
dan564891

Con

I accept and I request that my opponent refrain from mentioning God in this debate. God had nothing to do with it.
nismo2009

Pro

Ok, Sorry for putting God into this debate. I had gone back to the bible and it surely didn't say anything about human eating livestock. The reason we should eat cows is simply because we need to eat it. We have a natural appeal towards meat. The reason we don't feel guilty and sympathy is because they are livestock. Cows are way dumber than dogs and elephant and they don't have self awareness. Human consume beef because they are born to be eaten by human. That is their life purpose.
dan564891

Con

You say something along the lines that cows only exist so humans can eat them... that is their life's purpose.

Do you mean to say that if humans never evolved, then cows would not exist?

This seems ridiculous to me... can you provide me with evidence please ?
nismo2009

Pro

No I did not mean by that. By the way this is not what we talking about. Lets imagine if human does not exist, I would blieve that cows will still exist. but human is not the only spcie that consume beef. So do the tigrs and lions. Your idea infact reinforce my statmnt that there is no moral issue involved in this circumstance. if human dont eat them, other animals will.

this issue is simple. that what i am trying to say is cows are meant to be eaten by us. If it is meant to b, then we should not feel guilty. However in dog senario human dont usually at dog meat, then it becomes questionale.

dan564891

Con

dan564891 forfeited this round.
Posted by martianshark 4 years ago
martianshark
Yes is does.