hect
themoongirl

we should respect islam

hect

hect

Con

first round is to accept the challange
islam= the religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah.
respect=have due regard for "I respected his views"
we= the general population
themoongirl

Pro

I accept your challenge. Bring it on
hect

Con

Thank you for the acceptance

opening argument
Ill start by stating no religion deserves respect this view is held not just to Islam. There is a common idea in society in this day and age that all religious belief is due respect because it is a belive often times people hold them dear. It should be noted that respecting someone's views is quite different from accepting and/or disrespecting, and we are talking about respecting.

Religion is the only idea on this Earth that asks for respect on issues they may very well not be true and I cannot see why this is the case. Do we respect views on mathematics, medicine, astronomy e.t.c.? No, we respect the provable facts. Islam makes claims about the universe and humanity that are just completely and scientifically proven to be untrue (like most religions), however the Islamic community demands more respect than any other religious communities and that has been proven time and time again; and this demand to respect a belief just because it's a belief is ludicrous.
themoongirl

Pro

Okay you make a point, but just because we don't like something, doesn't mean we have the right to make other people hate it. We should respect Islam along with every other religion. and there doesn't have to be facts for you to believe in something, i.e.. I believe that dream catchers work, there is no real evidence that they do work, but I haven't had a bad dream since I hung it. No real evidence, just pure belief. Don't be a hater
hect

Con

I never said that we should hate the religion I said we should not have to respect it, also as I previously stated we can accept that that is what someone believes but we don't have to respect that decision.

I accept that you believe dreamcatchers work but I certainly do not respect that view, and to tell me that I or anyone should respect that idea to tell me how to think; this is totalitarian and its somthing I or anyone else should not have to put up with and it is a disgusting and immoral idea.

Now I shall talk about the level of respect Islam demands of us, remember the 2006 denmark cartoon riots that lead to over 300 deaths worldwide, and the recent charlie hebdo massacre, this is islamic blasphemy law been forced on society and we are been told to respect these views and infact respect them over our own civil liberties, this is a direct encroachment of theocratic dictatorship that must not be 'respected'.
themoongirl

Pro

Yeah, I understand that Islam has had some bad times, but we should be forgiving and put the past in the past. As Elsa says, let it go. Respect that people believe in what they believe, and leave it at that.
hect

Con

"Yeah, I understand that Islam has had some bad times" 'has' implying past tense the atrocities committed by ISIS also known as Islamic State arguably the most literalist viewpoint on the Quran and Hadith; this is a problem we face today not in the 'past'.

I really wish someone else would have agreed to this debate so as I could have had my ideas challenged; thought provoking and an intelligent debate. literally the only argument you presented was and I quote "Don't be a hater" when I never mentioned or implied we should 'hate' the religion I said we should not have to respect it and I made that distinction clear in my opening paragraph.
I dont mean to be rude but I'm rather disappointed.
themoongirl

Pro

I AM NOT JUST SAYINGDON'T BE A HATER ANYMORE!!!!! Therre are some variations of Islam where it tells them to "kill all those who don't believe." or something like that. And while nobdy likes that, you shouldn't show it to clearly. I bet there are allot of Islam people whoare embarrassed by I.S.I.S. and don't like what their doing. So, okay don't respect Islam if you don't want to, but please, don't show it.
Posted by themoongirl 2 years ago
themoongirl
I guess respect is something is something that should be earned. I would say something else, but its kind of mean.
Posted by hect 2 years ago
hect
I think I did it now, I dont kno im new here
Posted by YassineB 2 years ago
YassineB
- Well, include these definitions in your first Round. :)
Posted by hect 2 years ago
hect
we= the general population
Posted by YassineB 2 years ago
YassineB
- Define WE, & define REPECT, & also define ISLAM, otherwise, I can twist these terms however I like.
Vote Placed by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
hectthemoongirlTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Con's arguments that religion shouldn't be given respect by default. Respect is something that is earned, not demand. Pro states we should respect Islam, but never makes an argument to why this is the case. Pro simply states we should respect it. Therefore, I must give the argument advantage to Con. Pro really never makes any arguments to support the Pro position.