dectactiveN
Chuwilliams

what would the world be like if mostly controlled by women

Chuwilliams
Started: 9/1/2013 Category: Economics

dectactiveN

Con

good morning/evening/afternoon to you folks who are reading this, do you have the will to win this topic over me? be free to debate
Chuwilliams

Pro

Accept

I'm accepting this debate for two reasons.

1. I'm really bored.
2. I don't know your opinion, but most likely, my opinion will differ from yours.

I await my opponent's first argument.
dectactiveN

Con

i'll be in the men's so therefore you start
Chuwilliams

Pro

Simply put, this is a topic that frustrates me. People assume that because women are of a different gender than men that they would run the world differently. This is neither true or false. My opinion is that we wouldn't be able to accurately figure out what would happen if women ruled the Earth until it happens.

Contention 1: It's never Happened

I know this sounds like a troll answer, but this is my opinion. The world has never been ruled mostly by women. Therefore, we don't have a comparison point to accurately predict what would happen if women ruled the world. It'd be like trying to predict the answer to these questions.

When will I die?
How will I die?
What will the world look like in 100 years?

These questions don't have any logical answer because you can only guess due to the fact that those events have not yet occurred. The same thing goes with predicting what the world would be like if women ruled it. The only way you can answer that question is a guess, which a completely incompetent way of answering a question.

Conclusion:

I have given my opinion that nobody can logically predict what the world would be like if women ruled the world and supported my case. I await my opponent's next argument.
dectactiveN

Con

dectactiveN forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Extend all arguments...
dectactiveN

Con

dectactiveN forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Extend all arguments.
dectactiveN

Con

dectactiveN forfeited this round.
Chuwilliams

Pro

Extend all arguments.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Your basic argument, "The only way you can answer that question is a guess, which a completely incompetent way of answering a question." is true to certain extent, but it implies that a guess is completely random. If we ask, "What would happen to the world if sea level rose by 19 inches." we cannot know with complete certainty, but it isn't just a wild guess to say that more dikes would be build and existing dikes would be raised. The debate is about what would most likely happen.

"Ruled by women" implies if the leaders were women. That depends upon how leaders are elected, not on the differences in the psychology between men and women. Margaret Thatcher was one of the strongest leaders of post-war politics, but that reflects the disposition of the British electorate at the time, and not the nature of women's psychology. The US now has a feminized society, placing greater value on being cared for rather than taking risks. That's brought us President Obama, who reflects feminine values.

Too bad the debate didn't happen.
Posted by Chuwilliams 4 years ago
Chuwilliams
This is what I'm talking about. Most people assume that women couldn't run a country because of their "sensitive mannerisms". Have you ever heard of Elizabeth of Tudor? She was one of the best world rulers of all time. Guess what? She's a woman. Don't assume women couldn't do a good job as a ruler of a country.
Posted by makeshift8 4 years ago
makeshift8
It will be full of leaders Crying onstage because she was criticized on CNN.
In all my life, have I yet seen a emotionally stable woman.
Women have no place in politics other then the outskirts voting. Even so, my wife is down to earth, bu can't hold herself together then what a politician should be able to.
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 4 years ago
sweetbreeze
dectactiveNChuwilliamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I give this one to Pro, because he was the only one arguing and Con forfeited. Con did not capitalize at all.