vi_spex
krayracker

whatever you believe still could be false, therfore is not true

vi_spex

Pro

belief is false

possibility+emotion=belief

its impossible that i am not wearing a hat or not as i type this, while its absolute you dont know if i am or not

krayracker

Con

I have one example to prove that this resolution is false:

I believe that a monkey is a primate. According to the resolution, since what I believe could be false, my beliefs are not true. In other words, the resolution is saying: since the fact that a monkey is a primate could be false, the fact that a monkey is a primate is not true.
This is false becaus a monkey is a primate according to Encyclopedia Britannica and the Smithsonian National Zoo. Since I believe that monkeys are primates, and because monkeys are primates, this resolution is false. Vote Con.
vi_spex

Pro

it is possible that monkeys are not primates?

logic is absolute, no belief involved
krayracker

Con

Monkeys are proven to be primates. (http://www.animalresearch.info...)

The definition of a primate according to Science Daily: A primate is any member of the biological order Primates, the group that contains all the species commonly related to the lemurs, monkeys, and apes, with the latter category including humans. (http://www.sciencedaily.com...)

A monkey fits in that category, therefore, a monkey is a primate.

I can also believe other things:

I believe vi_spex is Pro in this debate. According to the resolution, my belief that vi_spex is in this debate still could be false, therefore it isn't true. But vi_spex is Pro in this debate, right? Yes he is, so yet agian, I have proved the resolution wrong.

I will try to decipher vi_spex's statement:

logic is absolute, no belief involved. I think what he is trying to say is that logic is always right, and belief has nothing to do with logic.

Since it is fact that monkeys are primates, a logical person would realize that monkeys are primates.
vi_spex

Pro

impossible is possible by belief

logic is absolute, 1+1=2 not 3, even where you are located

so you dont know wich of us is taking the pro position? is your friend typing this on your computer while you are being told about it blind folded? becasue then i agree you dont know

primate is a Word.. i am not sure about what define primates.. couldnt tell you this
krayracker

Con

I refer not to the person who created the account vi_spex. I refer to the fact that the username, vi_spex, ison the Pro side for the debate. A primate is any member of the biological order Primates, the group that contains all the species commonly related to the lemurs, monkeys, and apes, with the latter category including humans according to ScienceDaily, just as debate.org is a website. I extend my previous arguments which are untouched.
vi_spex

Pro

vi_spex forfeited this round.
krayracker

Con

I extend my previous arguments.
vi_spex

Pro

vi_spex forfeited this round.
krayracker

Con

krayracker forfeited this round.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
belief=can be
kNow=is
knowledge=was
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
can be real is not real, because ... etc
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
or real is not can be
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
can be real isnt real
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if it can be true, it can be false, therfore isnt true
Posted by Donderpants 1 year ago
Donderpants
So it can be false, and therefore it must be false no matter what?

I'd accept, but I don't like it when they seem this easy....
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
can be life is not life, because can be life can also not be life