shruthi_rk
LevelWithMe

what's your word?

LevelWithMe

shruthi_rk

Pro

I know we don't think about this much, so how will you describe yourself in one word? Remember, just one word. And it should bring you out as much as it can. i'd like to describe myself as ..... i've got a hundred words running through my head! you tell me about yours while i think about my secret word.
LevelWithMe

Con

I am starting this debate under the pretext that I only need to give a single word to describe myself, and talk about that word.

My word: Existent.

The definition and parameters of this word that I am using and which I accept are(in order):
In existence. Being.

The word is an adjective.
shruthi_rk

Pro

Hi. thanks for the explanation.
Yeah, .... existent? okay, let me inform this is just a fun debate.
Anyway, my word's "original".
I too believe in living up to the moment. But what use is it, if you aren't you? what is important in life is whether you remain consistent, yourself, all the journey. Only then would i, at least call my life successful. What do you say?
Do you still think that being existent is more important than being orignal?
LevelWithMe

Con

But what use is it, if you aren't you?

Elaborate. In what scenario are you not you? How can x=/=x but x=y?

what is important in life is whether you remain consistent, yourself, all the journey. Only then would i, at least call my life successful.
Why is consistency important? What are you criteria for a successful life, and for what reasons have you reach/do you submit this criteria?

I never said that it was. I only said that I would describe myself in one word as existent(which I posit I inarguably am).

Though, certainly existence preceeds originality, at the very least. While your goal may be to be original, existence is necessarily important to achieve this goal. You cannot be original if you aren't anything to begin with. Attributes need a possessor of those attributes to be held. However, this has no baring concerning whether or not it is more important, because that brings up the discussion of whether or not the means/recipe towards an end goal/product are more important than the whole. I find that undeterminable, so I have no opinion one way or another.

Given the following, I submit that the word I have chosen provides as much information as any other word I might have chosen.

To define myself as existent reveals things about my character:
  • I purposely chose an indisputable(or, at least, difficult to dispute) claim, which a handful of reasoning/desire paths could explain(assuming one has the capacity to determine my actions are based on reasoning instead of mindless reactions to my environment). This narrows down what I am not, to provide a clearer picture of what I am.

• I have chosen to remain largely anonymous, for one reason or another. IE: I did not define myself by any professional, visual, or personality based descriptors. Rather, the word I chose to describes me only provides implicit information about myself as a person.
  • Objectivity is important to me. Not only does my descriptor provide for the first point, but it is also devoid of emotional, positive, and negative connotations. It is a falisifiable claim.
shruthi_rk

Pro

shruthi_rk forfeited this round.
LevelWithMe

Con

My opponent has forfeited the round. I have nothing more to add.
Posted by phil42 4 years ago
phil42
Sorry, my computer keeps doing that.
Posted by phil42 4 years ago
phil42
And what are all the rounds for? How is this a debate?
Posted by phil42 4 years ago
phil42
Posted by phil42 4 years ago
phil42
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
shruthi_rkLevelWithMeTied
Vote Placed by jzonda415 4 years ago
jzonda415
shruthi_rkLevelWithMeTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.