vi_spex
Mr.Yamamoto

when is it a lie, to tell what i remember?

vi_spex

Pro

knowledge=memory of know
kNow=physical experience
Mr.Yamamoto

Con

I accept this debate. I look forward to having an interesting debate with my opponent.
The motion of this debate appears unclear to me, consequently I have asked for clarification from my opponent, which he has kindly provided in the comments section.

In this debate, I would be arguing that ‘Truth is not memory.’
I would start my debate by defining these terms:

Truth: That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality
Reality: Reality is the conjectured state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. Reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible. It includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist. [1]
Is not: Does not amount to
Memory: Something remembered from the past
Remember: Have in or be able to bring one’s mind an awareness of someone or something from the past

Truth is made truth as long as it is in accordance with fact or reality. Reality includes anything that has existed, exists and will exist, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible.

Truth is a much broader term and is not memory because truth refers to the something that can be from the past, present or future, while memory is something exclusively from the past.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org...

vi_spex

Pro

fact=knowledge=truth

if truth is true, is false then truth? and true false?

true is the opposite of false and truth, and false is the opposite of truth, now is matter

only now is real, reality only happens now, the future and past is not matter

is it the truth for you to say you have seen god? like you have seen rocks? i assume you have seen rocks..
Mr.Yamamoto

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for his argument

1.‘fact=knowledge=truth’
I disagree with the statement ‘knowledge=truth’.

In the first round of my opponent’s argument, he defined knowledge as ‘memory of know’.
Since ‘know’ is a verb, the phrase ‘memory of know’ is grammatically incorrect and incomprehensible.

Because of this, I would provide another definition of knowledge, which is

‘facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education’

Truth as I have explained is round one in ‘Truth is made truth as long as it is in accordance with fact or reality. Reality includes anything that has existed, exists and will exist, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible,’ does not have to be observable or comprehensible.

A truth that is not observable or comprehensible will not be knowledge, which has to be acquired through experience or education.
The statement ‘knowledge=truth’ is false and my opponent’s argument is invalid.

2. Truth, as defined earlier is

‘Truth: That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality’

Reality, as defined earlier is

‘Reality is the conjectured state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. Reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible. It includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist.’

Therefore, my opponents claim ‘only now is real, reality only happens now, the future and past is not matter’ is incorrect and it is ignoring the definition of reality in this debate.

3. Truth is a much broader term and is not memory because truth refers to the something that can be from the past, present or future, while memory is something exclusively from the past. My opponent had completely dropped this point.

A truth from the present cannot be memory, which has to be from the past.
Therefore to say that ‘Truth is NOT memory’ is correct.

vi_spex

Pro

know=physical experience

belief is the opposite of knowledge

you agree truth is fact, so is it a fact that i just looked at my dog?

truth=fact=past observation

facts are in the past, past dosnt matter, now is matter, i know my experience of now

reality is not a fact, gravity is not a fact.. but i have nothing but facts of gravity

imagination is the opposite of reality, false

lies exist, lies are not real

to say reality is 5 seconds ahead of now is to say reality is 5 seconds ahead of reality, future is unknown

truth is honesty, and the opposite of lying, you have no honest story to tell me about what is going to happen tomorrow beyond some planed schedule
Mr.Yamamoto

Con

Thank You vi_spex for your argument.

‘Know=physical experience’

Again, I am confused. ‘Know’ is not a noun and cannot equal to ‘experience’ which is a noun.

‘belief is the opposite of knowledge’ You have not define what knowledge means.

‘truth=fact=past observation’ The fact that A is B does not mean B is A.

Past observation is truth, but truth does not have to be past observation

‘you have no honest story to tell me about what is going to happen tomorrow beyond some planed schedule’

No, personally I cannot predict what will happen tomorrow but that is of no relevance in this debate. Truth is something that is true in accordance with reality, and as I have defined earlier reality does not have to be observable and can be of the future.

The rest of my opponent’s argument is incoherent and I cannot respond to them

I will reiterate my point:

Truth is a much broader term and is not memory because truth refers to the something that can be from the past, present or future, while memory is something exclusively from the past. My opponent had completely dropped this point.

Vote Con.

Con has less spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Con’s arguments are written in a structured format and are more understandable.

Thank You Pro again for this debate.

Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
ye
Posted by Mr.Yamamoto 1 year ago
Mr.Yamamoto
so con would be arguing truth is NOT memory, right?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
ok i argue truth is memory
Posted by Mr.Yamamoto 1 year ago
Mr.Yamamoto
what exactly are you arguing for
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
not lying
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
what is the resolution?
Posted by Gogert777 1 year ago
Gogert777
Oh wait, nvm.
Posted by Gogert777 1 year ago
Gogert777
You...stole that picture from me. I saw it first!