which is better Minecraft(pro) vs 7 days to die(con)?

Started: 12/9/2014 Category: Games

I believe that 7 days to die is the way better game because well..................... guns!

The point of Minecraft seems simple: build practically anything you can imagine. Some kids recreate famous pieces of architecture, others express their creativity through grand designs.

Since 2009, Minecraft has sold 20 million copies. But if that seems like a typical blockbuster, don"t be fooled " it isn"t. The graphics are boxy and blurry, and sounds are primitive at best.

So why are kids so obsessed about it?

I decide to ask a handful of 5-to-13-year-olds. I want to know what they think and love about it, and what they get out of it. I think I"ll get straightforward answers, but it turns out, there"s something surprisingly special about the game.

Im right! Im your master bow down to me!

First, some basics about the game.

Players begin on any number of randomly-generated terrains " square blocks that make up deserts, mountains, prairie and even clouds. To survive the unknown world, they"ll have to create buildings and items " like say, an indestructible pickaxe or a stove to cook on " which means they"ll need gather raw materials from the world around them.

When night falls, mobs of monsters " spiders, zombies and skeletons " chase them with a single-minded purpose. Lock up the goods. With sword or bow in hand, they"ll have to fend them off until daybreak, when the sunlight sends them back into hiding.

While there"s no blood or gore, fighting monsters and feasting on hunted animals is part of the gameplay. I find out "a butchered pig drops down meat," 11-year-old Meg tells me.

7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mix of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

From the ashes of the 3rd world war rises an unknown virus which transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden"s on Earth.

The World " Explore a beautiful, hand crafted, smooth voxel world with a multitude of biomes including: wastelands, forests, snowy mountains, pine forests, plains, deserts, burn forests and radiation zones. Play Navezgane or roll the dice and dive back into the game with friends in a randomized world with huge cities, towns, rivers, lakes, mountains, valleys, roads and wilderness locations.

Points of Interest " Discover hundreds of great Points of Interests ranging from caves, campsites to cities and skyscrapers. Each and every building can be explored inside and out.

Dynamic Story Generation " The story unfolds through our "Dynamic Story Generation System" which guides the player to other survivors, better loot and undiscovered Points of Interests through story note quests.

Basic Survival " Scavenge the world for food and water maintaining and boosting health, food, stamina and hydration levels. Grow and harvest a variety of crops and hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land.

Day and Night Game Play " Spend the day looting, mining, crafting and building up your forts defenses as light slows down and weakens the zombies. Hold up somewhere safe at night as the lunar cycle speeds up and strengthens the zombies.

Upgradable Fort Building " Player built structures are assembled from framework which can be upgraded supporting both wood and cobblestone upgrade paths. Hammer away just like real building and use Land Claim blocks to protect your fort in PvP.

Looting, Mining and Crafting " Loot and mine a multitude of items and ingredients to create hundreds of items including melee weapons, guns, traps, generators, motorized tools, motion detectors, landmines, auto-turrets, salves, potions and more using our 5"5 grid Crafting System.

Relentless and Special Enemies " Enemies will claw, jump, climb and break their way through the world in order to get to you. They can see, smell and hear the player and can work in a group. And watch out for the unique special infected enemies like the Acid Puking Hulk whose acidic vomit can melt blocks.

Block Physics and Stability " Our Physics System simulates real-time structural integrity, durability and mass. Blocks don"t float in the air nor can you build an unsound unsupported structure. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down. Weak blocks can even fall from the weight of the player or zombies.

Item Quality and Food & Water Purity " Every item in the game has a quality level and degrades with use and combine items to create better items. All Food and water items have a purity level the higher the purity level. The higher the health and stamina benefits. Improve crafting to make better items. Improve cooking to make purer food and water.

Stealth and Distraction System " Crouch and sneak your way past enemies or throw objects to distract them. Find or craft sight, sound or smell deterrents and attractor recipes and items to exploit the sight, hearing or smell of the zombies to throw them off track.

XP and Skill Trees " Earn XP and upgrade your skills to become the ultimate Bruiser, Gun Nut, Gadget Man, Chemist or Stealth Agent. Upgrade your melee skill learning to craft better melee weapons and swing them harder & faster and even learn special finishing moves.

Buff/Debuff System " Enjoy or deal with a multitude of buffs or debuffs like a caffeine buzz or a broken leg in our rapidly growing Buff/Debuff System.

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer " Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

Creative User Tools " Build your own worlds and play them with friends using the Creative Mode Tools featuring hundreds of block shapes, prefabs and random generation tools. Create dedicated servers with your own unique game rules and settings.

Minecraft is an open-ended "sandbox" that doesn"t come with instructions, so the gameplay is confusing " but that"s what makes it irresistible. Kids are forced to explore " first in the game, then out of it.

To figure out what to do next, they"ll need to read sites such as Minecraft Wiki, where they learn to build an intricate maze of mine shafts or design their dream house. Slowly, they begin to see what"s possible, and develop skills of observation and perseverance.

John tells me he tries "new moves to learn new things." Meanwhile, five-year-old Declan says he learns by watching older brother John. When I ask Declan to explain, he rattles off all the tools, minerals, animals and metals " eager to prove his skill.

It"s all a blur to me.

For younger players, such as Mason, the lessons aren"t so clear. When I ask him about the benefits to the game, he tells me the biggest thing he"s learned is that "you need to have a pickaxe."

"7 Days to Die" is a new survival horde crafting game from The Fun Pimps.

7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

In the near future where the a third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.

You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden"s on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means "Killer of Monsters" to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that"s pretty much what you"ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.

To solve tougher puzzles, kids flock to the burgeoning YouTube scene, where gurus such as Jordan Maron, dubbed "CaptainSparklez," not only give advice and technical knowledge, but also entertain " carving out a sort of stardom.

Eight-year-old Mason tells me he spends nearly five hours a week watching these tutorials.

Through experimenting and working together, kids begin to develop skills in creative thinking, math and geometry, and even a bit of geology. And to complete large tasks, they need to plan a strategy, define goals and work together to execute and see the mission through " sort of like having a real job.

In fact, the Journal of Adolescent Research published a study comparing children that played video games to those that didn"t. "Video game players, regardless of gender, reported higher levels of family closeness, activity involvement, attachment to school and positive mental health," Paul Adachi and Teena Willoughby, the authors of the study, concluded. "Video game players also had less risky friendship networks and a more favorable self-concept."

Even schools are taking notice, with some classrooms integrating the game directly into their curriculum.

"Before Minecraft, I tried to use video games in class, but I always had to change my lesson to fit the game," Joel Levin, co-founder of TeacherGaming, a company that helps schools set up games, told the Washington Post. "Minecraft was the first game that came along where I could change the game to fit my lesson."

I win ,you lose Minion you cant even debate as hard as me!

The success of Minecraft is largely due to its open gameplay " kids don"t play just one mission, they choose from many activities. Meg says she likes to play hide-and-seek with friends, while Chase prefers to build "really cool castles."

"I definitely think Minecraft is a freak thing," Markus Persson, the game"s creator, told the New Yorker. "There"s no way you could replicate it intentionally."

Regardless of the task, teamwork is a key part of the experience. For Lilly, the thrill is in the discovery. She takes pride in telling me the time she and her brothers found a jukebox in an abandoned mineshaft, and then, exploring further, stumbled upon a CD to play on their adventures. Meanwhile, Kayla says she regularly talks to friends about the game and checks Instagram for the hashtag #Minecraft to join the community.

That thriving subculture lets kids experience all things Minecraft. They connect online on forums, and offline at conferences and summer camps, sharing their love of the game and even collaborating on real-world items.

I realize the mystery of Minecraft"s near-hypnotic effect boils down its flexible gameplay and engaging community. And in the end, I see that Minecraft gives kids valuable lessons in life.
Posted by NatLovesGaga123 1 year ago
After witnessing this debate, Minecraft definitely wins.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Pro. In rounds 2 & 5 Con posted incredibly rude comments to Pro, these were uncalled for and certainly constitute a loss of conduct points. S&G - Tie. Both had minor grammatical errors. Arguments - Pro. In the two rounds that Con did argue in, he presented a compelling case with several features which served to show that 7 days to die is better than minecraft. However, Pro utilized every round to present an affirmative case in favor of Minecraft. Neither presented rebuttals against the other, so what this came down to was the practical applications that Pro touched on in the final round regarding usage in schools and the learning opportunities it creates. I saw no such applications from Con's side. Thus, Pro wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate in a manner which would have allowed for external verification. Thus, these points are tied.