kailey1212
JacobAnderson

which is more important in an airport senerio? Privacy(con) or Security(pro)?

Started: 3/26/2014 Category: Places-Travel

kailey1212

Con

I went through a full-body scanner with a braid in and the people patted down my hair because it was "unnatural". This should not happen. Can I also point out that I was only 13 when this happened.
Also, if you do not think that this is important, look what someone said about the TSA:
"TSA is forcing travelers to consent to a virtual strip search or allow an unknown officer to literally place his or her hands in your pants," said John Whit head, president of The Rutherford Institute, a civil liberties organization.
JacobAnderson

Pro

Scenario*

Security is most important when it comes to an airport for one simple event- 9/11. When that happened, airports stepped up their security game. Security is more important than privacy because it minimizes chances of dangerous situations in planes such as bombings and shootings. Without security, people would continuously smuggle illegal content into airplanes putting their/everyone else's lives in danger.

It would be, in my opinion, selfish to say that privacy is more important because it will disallow maximum safety of everyone in the vacinty and everyone in the plane when boarded.

So I ask, What makes privacy so important that it should be held higher than the safety of everyone on a plane (say, 100 people)?
kailey1212

Con

kailey1212 forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Pro

JacobAnderson forfeited this round.
kailey1212

Con

kailey1212 forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Pro

Well this has been a waste of a debate.
kailey1212

Con

kailey1212 forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Pro

JacobAnderson forfeited this round.
kailey1212

Con

kailey1212 forfeited this round.
JacobAnderson

Pro

JacobAnderson forfeited this round.