binod
Soledad

which is more important knowledge, certificate or personal ability???

binod

Pro

For me knowledge and personal ability is major thing that surrounds and decide the succes , a person gains in his entire life.
Certificate doesn't judge a person, what judges him is the way he reacts with others and does his job. many persons in the world, Even Bill Gates was not strong in certificates , but he had the concept and ability to do things and finally he reached the peak where no one had before.
SO what matters ultimately is the knowledge...
Soledad

Con

I will take this.
It's my first debate here, and although english is not my mother tongue, I will try my best.
First, the Pro has to understand that Bill Gates or Steve Jobs or people like them are not valid arguments for a discussion.Call them geniuses, call them frauds, but I can't consider them on the pro side's case.The average professional is not Bill Gates.
Second, receiving a certificate ideally means that the receiver posseses the required skills and knowledge.It means that at least at the time that a person gets a certificate, the university/whatever's minimum prerequisites for giving this certificate are fullfiled.Of course, one can get a certificate in Economics with A+ and another with B or C.What does this mean?The A+ guy worked harder.Doesn't mean he is smarter, doesn't mean he is better in a professional environment.And now, it seems like I went to the Pro side.But that's not the case.A+ is very different than C.A+ may show quality of studying or whatever and C may just look like a low grade.BUT, how many are on the A+ side and how many on the C side?How many on the B grade?
Very few on the A+.
Many many more in the B and C.
So it all comes down to the fact that graduates of the same program aren't really geniuses.Very few are A+.And I refuse to agree that a considerable amount of B or C students are IN FACT A+ students but due to many reasons they didn't do so well in the university/wherever.I believe, that most people graduating from the average university somewhere in Europe in the field of Economics are in fact average scientists.There is just not a big amount of students that don't do well in the university for several reasons but deep down are so good or so much better than the certificate's degree says they are.

But don't get me wrong.I don't believe that certificates show how good or bad somebody is in their fields.However, university degrees are (the only)/a way for the free market bussinessmen of modern society to distinguish applicants for jobs.
I don't want to add any more info for now.

IMPORTANT is a tricky word.How many people claiming that have no certificates or bad graded certificates got accepted in postgraduate programs or jobs in the free market?How am I, an owner of a multinational company, gonna realise that somebody is good enough for a position, when he has no recognised by the society/educational system certificates?
Certificates are important because in an organized society, they mean acknowledgement of skills and abilities.

Good day.
binod

Pro

binod forfeited this round.
Soledad

Con

Soledad forfeited this round.
binod

Pro

binod forfeited this round.
Soledad

Con

Soledad forfeited this round.
Posted by Mikal 4 years ago
Mikal
If you reword this to something like, Having knowledge will benefit you more than getting a degree, I will take this