Plasmawipes
jo154676

who is better joe liebermen or bernie sanders

jo154676 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Plasmawipes

Pro

Bernie is better because he is for the people.
jo154676

Con

Joe Lieberman was the senator in my state for as long as I can remember and he was a great politician. He was kicked out of his party for standing up for his own beliefs and then ran as an independant and won. Bernie sanders has the economic knowledge of a 2 year old and has the foreign policy knowledge of a very unintelligent person.
Plasmawipes

Pro

Bernie Sander is the best thing compared to Joe he has run for president without taking money from Wall street. Ran against the corrupt Clinton Machine and the Democratic Committee. He is also the longest serving independent in congressional history. Led the first ever sit-in in Chicago against segregation of housing. In 1984 Mayor Sanders established the first community land trust for affordable housing. In October 2002 Sanders votes against the Bush-Cheney war in Iraq. The list goes on. On the other hand Joe Lieberman spoke against affirmative as if minorities are treated equal to Caucasians which isn't true no matter how hard they work.

He is also against American citizens owning guns and has an F rating dealing with the issue. He supports stripping American citizens of their Constitution rights to express themselves on the Internet. He is for the censorship of the Internet. In 2010 he co authored a bill that would give the president emergency powers to cut the Internet of as in a " Kill Switch".... The list goes on to why Bernie Sanders is better than Joe Lieberman.
jo154676

Con

How does running for president without taking money from wall street make you a good person automatically? There were 8 elections in the US before wall street was even founded so were all of those candidates good people? Again you praise him for being an independant but that does not make him a good person. His policy and his decisions are what make him either a good or bad politician. I hope you realize how much of a disaster affordable housing is and how bad it has been for our inner cities. Again, the facts are still not out as to whether it was good or not to enter there. We do not know and can not know what would have happened had we decided to stay out. I believe that you are referring to affirmative action here, but that is just a guess, and then you mention that minorities are not treated equal to whites no matter how hard they work. And I sit here wondering is that really true. Do minorities have less rights than any other american citizen? No. Do they have societal disadvantages that are seen in no other race? No. Do they get an average of 250 extra points on their SAT out of 1600? Yes they do. How is that fair? (https://www.princeton.edu...)

Bernie sanders is also against guns and the "F" rating on the issue is from the NRA who is one of the pro gun lobbying groups, so to say he has an F rating would be good if that is something that you support. Now I am not saying that I support all of his policies, I do not believe that any one person perfectly represents anyone else because we are all free thinking human beings but he is for sure better than Bernie Sanders.
Plasmawipes

Pro

Running for president without taking money from big wall street elitist billionaire shows that Bernie Sanders wasn't in the pockets of the top 1%. In fact Bernie's words recently was this; " I come from the white working class".. I am not here to argue perfection. Bernie has made mistakes but he is a man of the people vs Joe Lieberman. All praise his for God only. I respect him for his continued drive and contribution to the American people and all society. His policies have always been for the people.

Lets go through the list and we see why Bernie is better.
86. S.525 " 113th Congress (2013-2014)
A bill proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to restore the rights of the American people that were taken away by the Supreme Court's decision in the Citizens United case and related decisions, to protect the integrity of our elections, and to limit the corrosive influence of money in our democratic process.
Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 03/12/2013) Cosponsors: (0)
Committees: Senate - Judiciary
Latest Action: 03/12/2013 Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary. (All Actions)
87. S.500 " 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Keeping Our Social Security Promises Act
Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 03/07/2013) Cosponsors: (11)
Committees: Senate - Finance
Latest Action: 03/07/2013 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance. (All Actions)
Tracker: This bill has the status IntroducedHere are the steps for Status of Legislation:Introduced
95. S.3421 " 112th Congress (2011-2012)
WORK Act
Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 07/23/2012) Cosponsors: (4)
Committees: Senate - Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Action: 07/23/2012 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. (All Actions)
BILL
113. S.1017 " 112th Congress (2011-2012)
Disabled Veteran Caregiver Housing Assistance Act of 2011
Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 05/17/2011) Cosponsors: (0)
Committees: Senate - Veterans' Affairs
Latest Action: 06/08/2011 Committee on Veterans' Affairs. Hearings held. (All Actions)

Out of 419 amendments Sanders sponsored over his 25 years in Congress, 90 passed, 21 of them by roll call votes. I encourage you to read them and make your own judgement on who is better between Bernie and Joe. Bernie Sanders has did more for the people than Joe. To think otherwise is lunacy.

https://www.congress.gov...={%22congress%22:%22all%22,%22sponsorship%22:%22sponsored%22,%22type%22:%22bills%22,%22bill-status%22:%22introduced%22}