curious_boy
vwv

who is more important, parents or god.

curious_boy

Pro

While talking to one of my friends, I recently came to know that that , he thought that god is more important than parents. I d like to know the general opinion. I'm with the topic and strongly say that parents are more important, and god comes next. Please provide only logical explanations. As long as the debate goes on, consider me an atheist. Talk logic. I'll give you a chance to put your words against the motion.
vwv

Con

Parents don't make people blow themselves up in the name of Mama.

Parents can't convince you to throw a baby into a lava pit (unless they believe their god, or moral authority even if it is the devil, is making them to do so).

The god is the center of anyone's mind. To atheists the God is logic, they irrationally cling to it without providing and explanation of their own as to the origin of everything and how to guide morality on anything other than random impulse.

To Deists, their God is the lord of apathy, and most deists are really apathetic on most things (and are far more common than agnostics, most 'agnostics' are deists, they just never heard of the term and don't realize that they believe in it).

To agnostics the God is the lord of indecision. They carry this through their life.

Theists speak for themselves.

If you argue that a god can't be this, I argue it can.

I argue that since god is undefinable and the highest guiding authority of the human mind, it is truly more important than parents.

Even if you argue that atheists and agnostics have no god, god is still important to them as they are a minority and may be outcast because of it far more than what their parents did or thought.

God hugely influences how parents raise their children, parents fractionally influence how God affects the upbringing of their child (peers, teachers and many other influences such as Media influence it far more).
curious_boy

Pro

curious_boy forfeited this round.
vwv

Con

vwv forfeited this round.
curious_boy

Pro

curious_boy forfeited this round.
vwv

Con

vwv forfeited this round.
curious_boy

Pro

curious_boy forfeited this round.
vwv

Con

vwv forfeited this round.
Posted by assiqt 3 years ago
assiqt
The Commandments are common sense. Don't murder, don't mess with your friends wife etc. I think people are born with the sense of right and wrong, without a religion telling them that. With the threat of punishment. Parents are definitely more important than god. Parents were here before any idea of a god was. I may be drifing into another debate subject. Sorry
Posted by curious_boy 3 years ago
curious_boy
Ok, I've edited that, if you are ready to take up the challenge now, then you are most welcome.
Posted by Domr 3 years ago
Domr
You are banning the use of scripture for someone who is arguing the importance of God?

Because one of the Commandments of God is Honor your Father and Mother...

This would show that putting God first also means obeying and respecting your parents to your utmost ability.

Also, if someone were to believe in God, that person would then believe He has the power to allow you to enter into Heaven or Hell. Wouldn't that person, who is aware and believes the Power and Might of God WANT to put God first in their lives over everything else?