shekhar
SlovakiaKentros

who made religion

SlovakiaKentros

shekhar

Con

Does religion is man made under the influence of God?
SlovakiaKentros

Pro

Religion wasn't made under the influence of god. Humans have their own conscience like other animals and have made many creations. Religion is one of those creations, and was created to be a symbol of hope full of uplifting stories to keep you going throughout your life. It wasn't meant to be taken as a know it all book of knowledge. Which god are you talking about also? There are many.
shekhar

Con

shekhar forfeited this round.
SlovakiaKentros

Pro

Thanks for the quitting.
shekhar

Con

shekhar forfeited this round.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne

Then you don't really have anything to offer, do you.

" Want to see something before they believe."
How else does one believe.

"There are millions of people healed all over the world."
This is what I'm asking you to demonstrate. If this is true, the medical community will actually study it. (actually the medical community has studied prayer and religions belief fairly extensively and have found nothing that supports the idea that any of these helps in healing.)

"The medical profession will not even listen to people with alternative treatments."
Let's be clear. Practising medical doctors do not have the authority to experiment with unproven treatments. They may lose their license if they do. They're only authorized to carry out treatments which have been demonstrated effective through medical research, unless under the supervision of researchers in extreme cases. Second, medical research IS the search for alternative treatments by definition. In particular, there is a lot of effort being made to develop alternative treatments which do not require surgery or drugs. You need to get your facts straight so that when you comment you might actually make some sense. Some of these things aren't a matter of opinion.

The rest of what you say is just incoherent gibberish as far as I can tell. If you can demonstrate any of this to be even potentially true, I will study it seriously in my lab where I actually do real research instead of pushing opinions.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
One other thing. I could not heal a fly if it had a headache. All I am is a deliverer. I deliver this message all over the world via internet.If they believe God, they get healed. If not, they have to rely on other means. Or simply give up and wait for the " inevitable".

It is not my responsibility for healing. That is between them and God.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
They are like you. Want to see something before they believe. There are millions of people healed all over the world. The medical profession will not even listen to people with alternative treatments. All; they know to do is cut and dope.I am not piutting them down. Just stating truth. I pointed to healing scriptures to you, and what did YOU do with them. What I am talking about is not in a vacuum. Everyone has heard of faith healing. In Nazereth ,Jesus COULD do no healing because of THEIR unbelief.It is like that all over the world.Even now, when scripture is given on this site, there is enough power in those words from God to heal everybody in the world all at once.

God has invited all people to his banquet, including you. Only those who come ant sit at the table will reap the benfits. You see how this message is attacked. Even by you. In the mind of God everyone on earth should never be sick. But he is not in control. We are. All he can do is keep his promises. They are free.He gave his word. Even people who are serious bible study miss this.

Don't put the blame on me if people reject this. He said go into all the world and preach the good news. Those who believe will be saved. Those who don't, won't.That is what I am doing.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne
If you could save more people through faith, or any other means, than all of medical science knows how to, when you should be working to demonstrate the effectiveness of these methods. If you have the means to do it, but you're not working to demonstrate it to the medical community, then I believe you should take some personal responsibility for the deaths, which the medical community have been working so hard to prevent, that you say you know how to prevent. And yes, you do need to demonstrate that your methods are actually effective.

The medical community will not, and should not, simply take your word for it, or take it on faith regardless of what book it came from. It is a matter of life and death, and a medical professional needs to know to the best of their ability that the method they are using will be as effective as possible, otherwise, they will be responsible for the patient's death.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
And how many people killed by medical profession faith could have saved?100% of them.Jesus said, " Broad is the road that leads to destruction and many are they that find it. Narrow is the road to life, and few are they that find it".
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne

As I expressed in an earlier post, you made false accusations and assumptions about someone (not being careful with your words), and when it was pointed out to you, you ignored the issue instead of defending your statements or issuing an apology (not taking responsibility).

I didn't ask to see a miracle. I only asked to see evidence for some positive effects of faith which can only be obtained by faith. You used the example of improved physical health, a miracle which you have seen, and a miracle which you say you performed (the car story). So far you haven't provided any real evidence that faith is beneficial. You have just told me a few stories that I can neither verify, nor attribute to faith.

If you're asking me to take your word on faith, that isn't going to help. Imagine we did medical research using faith instead of science. Many people would have died who could have been saved.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
That is just it. I really do not care if you believe what Jesus said or not.I do, and it works. I know of others who are very powerful where their words are concerned. Like I said, we are not a side show for you. If

Satan tried to get Jesus to prove his being God's son. He said, " if you be the son of God, turn these rocks into bread. Jesus did not fall for that . .He said, " you shall not tempt the Lord your God."

What words do I not take responsibility for? I don't say anything I do not mean.

Jesus was asked to raise someone from the dead, then they would believe. He said to them, " if you will not believe Moses ( the word of God ) then neither will you believe though one rose from the dead.

I am saying the same thing. If you will not believe what Jesus says in His word, then you will not believe any supernatural event.Because faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Not by seeing miracles.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne
I'm surprised that you believe words carry weight, yet you don't seem to take care of the words you say or take full responsibility for them.

The ability to affect objects with your words is something that could be proven. If you or anyone else could prove it, or at least demonstrate it with reasonable accuracy, I would have to believe there is something to it. But as it is now, I have never seen anyone who is able to do such things, nor have I heard of any evidence to support it. So far, just unconfirmed anecdotes, and we already know that scientifically, anecdotes are an unreliable basis for truth.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Read those verses very carefully. Jesus says that if we believe the words WE speak will come to pass, we will have what WE say.He is saying that our words carry weight. . That is just part of Jesus's message. He says ," if a man does not work he does not need to eat." He says that we are rto be givers. That is faith in action. Faith without works is dead.

Many years ago my young son and his little sister got in my car. In those days you could just pull the shifter out of gear. He did that and the car started rolling towards a cliff about 30 feat high.I had been studiing Mark 11,22-24 and immediately those words came to me and I said loudly, " CAR, YOU STOP IN THE NAME OF JESUS".It made an immediate 90% turn into the yard and stopped. Those kind of things have happened at other times. Once my oldest was at a fire in the yard. His pants got on fire. His mother ran to him yelling, " fire , don't you touch him." She tore his britches off and his one leg on his pants was gone. We checked and not even a hair was singed.My point is. When things like that happens is not the time to get the bible to see what to do. Tests and trials do not produce faith. All they do is reveal the faith you have developed.

I am forever convinced that God knows what he is talking about in the word of God.Like Abraham, I am fully persuaded that what God had promised he is able also to perform. That is what faith is. Being convinced God is not lying when he says something.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
cheyenne
I believe I understand what you are saying, but you'll have to correct me where I am wrong.

First of all, I believe that a considerate person who is careful of what they say and how they treat others, and who is also secure in themselves, would have apologized for making false assumptions about someone and accusing of them of being a certain way when they didn't actually have knowledge of this. However, I'm not asking for an apology, as I am not personally offended, since you do not know me. But perhaps you would appreciate knowing when the words you have spoken were unkind in nature, so that you can continue to improve what you say. You do talk about the importance of words, after all.

I took your advice and read Mark 11:22-24. I would be very interested to see any demonstration of the truth of the statement therein. However, it troubles me to think how many people through history, and in the present, do nothing to reduce the suffering of their selves and fellow people because they are under the impression that if they simply believe things will improve, they will actually improve. How many of those people would have been better off if they worked to improve their lives and the lives of others? They could have done so without diminishing the hope and belief they had that their beliefs or prayers would be answered.

Or perhaps I am misinterpreting those lines? Am I incorrect in thinking that it means that if you truly believe, your prayers and/or wishes will come true?
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
shekharSlovakiaKentrosTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
shekharSlovakiaKentrosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture