make_war_not_peace
arrowjaw

who was better chiang kai shek or mao zedong

make_war_not_peace

Pro

I am making the case that chiang kai shek was better than mao. the first round is the acceptance round.
arrowjaw

Con

Hello debate colleuges, casual readers/voters, and my esteemed opponent,

Thank you for creating this debate! These two men changed the history of China, and thus, the world.

Since no rules have been presented, I will use common sense in my arguments and contentions.

Just to be clear, my burden is that Mao Zedond is "better". I will get into that ambiguity in my opening arguments.

Let the games debate begin!

~arrowjaw
make_war_not_peace

Pro

Despite killing many dissidents in taiwan, it pales in comparison to mao. Who killed millions of people through his blunderous great leap forward and the cultural revolution. And even though chiang was very authoritarian he at the very least was able to keep the trains running on time. Also, his son established a better democracy in taiwan than on the mainland within a few years. Under his leadership , taiwan's economy prospered into one of the four asian tigers and all the while keeping its culture intact. If we look at mao's rule, it was filled with political instability caused by the red guards of the cultural revolution. Who not only killed the intelligent people and the artists. But, also destroyed many of china's great works.
arrowjaw

Con

arrowjaw forfeited this round.
make_war_not_peace

Pro

I will not say anymore until my opponent has responded.
arrowjaw

Con

arrowjaw forfeited this round.
make_war_not_peace

Pro

I guess I win
arrowjaw

Con

arrowjaw forfeited this round.
Posted by domfincrag 11 months ago
domfincrag
Even though I myself am a communist I really don't like Mao Zedong. Being a communist doesn't excuse him for what he did.
Posted by arrowjaw 1 year ago
arrowjaw
Hi all,

This comment is for Bennett91,

Bennett91,

The purpose of the debate is the compare the standards by which the two men compare.

~arrowjaw
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
Bennett91
Better by what standards?
Posted by BrendanD19 1 year ago
BrendanD19
That is like choosing between rat poison or a bullet to the head