who would win in a fight, a tiger or lion?

I am new here, so don't expect me to argue like a champ! Anyway, I am going for tigers and my opponent will be going for the lion. Let the argument begin!

I am new also(but i am on the school debate team)... First of all, in the text, you have stated in your argument that you are "going for tigers" Tigers being plural, and I am by your definition of the argument "going for the lion". Are you stating that tigers hunt in packs or groups? Because tigers stalk their prey, and do so alone, lions however, hunt in packs. Since there is strength in numbers, then the lion pride would win. Also, lions are not called "king of the wild" for nothing...

No, that's not what I meant when I put "tigers" it was simply a mistake. Now, on to the debate.

Tigers, being the third largest land carniore (behind the polar and brown bear) would win this part. Though you may argue that a lion is bigger, its mane just makes it LOOK bigger. Which is why many people think that the lion is the larger animal.

2.Paw Swipe

The tiger paw swipe is certainly stronger than the lions. Watch this video of a tiger swiping a lion.

The strength in the tigers paw swipe was devastating for the lion. And of course paw swipes would play a major part in the fight, as a paw swipe can cut the opponent and would let him bleed out.

speed, would play a major part in the fight because speed is a major part in any fight! And if you don't believe me, look up Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston. A lion would probably win this, only by about 5 km/h.

Rebutle to argument 1-Size
Even though, the tiger may be bigger, that can sometimes be a downfall. Where the broadsword may fail, the dagger might succeed. The bigger something is, the easier it is to hit it.

Rebutle to argument 2- Paw Swipe
You refer to the video to show me that the tigers swipe is stronger than the lions. Well, for one thing I do not see the lion swiping the tiger. That lion got back up each time he was hit. Tigers do not kill by swiping.

Rebutle to argument 3- Speed
Sometimes, a good defense is a good offense. And in the lions case, he is defending himself, and waiting for the prime moment to strike. The tiger, is attacking and not worrying about the lion attacking back because he seems to have the advantage.

1) Numbers:
Lions always hunt in prides. There is always strength in numbers. They very rarely get separated and prefer to stay in a group. This group defends it's territory together(see the Lion King for reference). Whats one tiger(they hunt alone, see the Jungle Book for reference) verses a pack of 3-6 lions?

2) Moves:
Lions wait for the right moment to strike, and when they do, they go for a lunge to the throat, and suffocate larger animals to deaths. The bigger the animal is, the easier it is to hit the target.

alex1127 forfeited this round.

AmericanSpirit forfeited this round.
Posted by Tigris 2 years ago
You should only accept debates if you have knowledge.