p1mp1na1n7eazy
sonofzapp

why abortion is right

p1mp1na1n7eazy

Pro

well hello everyone i believe that abortion is right because what if a women gets raped god for bid or purely gets pregnant and doesnt want the baby? do u even know how many young women die each year by commiting suicide because they cant handle a baby and the parents dont want to keep it. LOTS!!!!! i believe its the womens choice to have a baby and abortion isnt murder good day (:
sonofzapp

Con

lol oaky I find your challenging me to this particular type of debate very ironic considering the fact that you call yourself a catholic. Though I am not christian I respect and honor the christian beliefs, and though I may not agree with all the catholic beliefs, i do believe that abortion is wrong, murder, and whatever else you would like th call it, but one thing is for sure, it IS NOT RIGHT! And I do not speak as a muslim, but as a person who values human life.

"...what if a women gets raped god for bid"
Oaky now I completely agree. What if a woman does get raped, then what? If she has that baby then he/she will be an everlasting reminder of the time she was violated. Its hard to imagine her taking care of the baby, loving it, feeding it, she might even give it up for adoption. And all because some pathetic, sick, pervert, couldn't keep his dick in his pants long enough to buy a hooker.
Now this is a pretty f-dup scenario, but that still doesnt make abortion right. Though I can never imagine the feeling that a pregnant woman has I can imagine its not that pleasant, but I'm ,more then sure that there are women who have been raped but still had their child.
Abortion is something that only people of the 20th and 21 century have known, but sexual assult has been going on forever. Did the women of the 9th century have abortion as an option? No, but I'm certian that there were many amoung them that still retained their sanity and had their children and still loved them unconditionally.
The only reason we can't handle things like this today is because we don't have to. Technology has evolved over the past few centuries. Instead of riding a horse for a month to get from Va to Ma, you can take the train in less then an hour. Rather then boil a culdron full of water once a month, we can just hop in the shower every night, and rather then have our children like REAL men and women; like our ansestors, we can just abort them. Why the hell not!? All the pleasures of sex and none of the parental responsibility? [sarcasm] I'm not just talking about women, I'm talking the human race [and especially the American race] in general. What we don't realize is that its not that we can't handle these things, Its just that we don't have to.

"...or [the woman] purely gets pregnant and doesnt want the baby?"
Pure and simple, if you don't want a baby DON'T HAVE SEX! Or rather DON'T HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX! I know that one's sexual lust is hard to control. Believe me, I'm in high school and trying to not have sex is a B#TCH, but its worth it in the end. Believe it or not I am [planning on] remaining abstenant untill mairrage, and god willing, whoever I marry would have made the same choice. By doing this you bypass conplications such as, abortion, aids, herpies, and other std's. It aint that hard because, Jesus did it, Mary did it, my gradma did it did it, Mohammed did it, and aint nothing wrong with it. Though many of these people are religious figures, they are proof that it can be done, are they not?

"do u even know how many young women die each year by commiting suicide because they cant handle a baby and the parents dont want to keep it. LOTS!!!!!i believe its the womens choice to have a baby and abortion isnt murder
"
First of all I'd like to state that it is not the right or desicion of the parents to decide wheather or not the the child of another lives or dies, wheather that person is their child or not. When you are bringing life into this world you cannot rightfully decide to rid yourself of it anyway. Thats not fair to the child, THATS NOT FAIR TO GOD! Overall all life is a blessing in disguise. Though we may pass it off as a burden you cannot be fully aware untill to see for yourself, want proof?

Exibit A: Joan of Arc
Joan's father wanted to rid the family of her before she came of age. Why you might ask, because he thought he couldn't handle it, that the family couldn't handle it, but you know what, they did, and the rest of the world was all the better for it. Imagine what would have happened had Joan's mother allowed her husband to kill the child. Not only would the family have suffered, but the rest of France as well! I mean come on, what the hell would France be without The Maid of Lorane
Now don't get me wrong cause I know I'm kinda pushin the envelope a bit, but you can understand my point right? Though this child first appeared to be a burden she was a blessing in disguise, and though she was unwanted, her birth was delt with and everybody was happier for it.

"i believe its the womens choice to have a baby and abortion isnt murder good day (:"

I'd like to restate the fact that I HATE abortion, but if a woman was contemplating it then she should at least consult her partner first, it would be messdup not to. Thats like you and your girlfriend both bought a kitten together and she one day decides that she doesn't want it and kills it. You come home and ask "wheres my cat" and she replies "its dead. I killed it. Don't worry about it Well be better off without it."
Come on what is that!? Two people took part in the cats development so TWO people should decide what to do with it. Oaky I can understand. Women have to go through hell and back to get the baby out of the womb, but weve got pain killers to help dull and or eliminate the pain, but I'm still sure that it still sucks to know that a small human being is coming out of you. That still gives you no right to just decide the fate of another human being, especially without first consulting the father.

Overall I'm not trying to judge those who have had or supported abotions, I'm just expressing my opinion. In fact there are people I know who have had abortions and I don't love them any less for it, but when it comes right down to it it's still murder, and weather you accept it or not, it won't change the facts. I look foreward to your reply. :)
p1mp1na1n7eazy

Pro

p1mp1na1n7eazy forfeited this round.
sonofzapp

Con

Well I was expacting a reply, but it looks like I got none. Im hoping your argument, If you do happen to take interest in the debate you challenged me to again, is good. PEACE:).
Posted by VenomousNinja 8 years ago
VenomousNinja
He did. It's almost as if you were blind and didn't see the link.
Posted by p1mp1na1n7eazy 8 years ago
p1mp1na1n7eazy
yes (most likely)and no not 250 research ur facts plz
Posted by dairygirl4u2c 8 years ago
dairygirl4u2c
http://www.aboutabortions.com...
there were only 250 deaths of mothers per year from illegal abortions before Roe.

don't just buy into rhetoric like women die if they can't get it. use good judgment. even if you don't have the numbers. what seems realistic? it's not going to kill them mostly likely.
Vote Placed by SoutherngentFL 8 years ago
SoutherngentFL
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by austinrsell 8 years ago
austinrsell
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by BeatTheDevil89 8 years ago
BeatTheDevil89
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by oboeman 8 years ago
oboeman
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by sonofzapp 8 years ago
sonofzapp
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by Milukas 8 years ago
Milukas
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by timothykcct 8 years ago
timothykcct
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by critterrice 8 years ago
critterrice
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied
Vote Placed by Harlan 8 years ago
Harlan
p1mp1na1n7eazysonofzappTied