juverina
Pretzelz

why bad things happen to good people

juverina

Pro

this is a question i have always thought about.why do rich people get richer and poor get poorer.why is corruption the easiest path to money while honesty is something which nowadays you will regret afterwards.its even scientifically proven that the rich are more selfish than poor......if anyone has read magic by rhonda byne ,it says that gratefulness is an attribute which results in you getting everything in abundance in life ...but as i have seen ,the richer the people become the less ungrateful they get..........we are not only talking about rich and poor.......i have also thought maybe bad things happen to good people cause god is testing us if even in our worst time will our faith waver or anything(i know that sounds weird)
so if anyone is open to the debate please you are welcome.NO PRO DEBATERS PLZ
and in the first round please just write i accept-give your point also
Pretzelz

Con

I guess I accept your debate challenge. I just want to state that this will be my first time debating here. I believe I will be supporting the fact that bad things happen to everyone, and not just good people.

- First of all I would like to point out that bad things happen to everyone, not just good people. Getting sick, getting hurt, having a bad day, always happen to people everywhere regardless if there are good or bad.

- Secondly, the real issue is that how come bad people, or the rich if you want, can deal with problems better than everyone else. The simple answer is money. It doesn't really matter if they get sick, hurt, or having a bad day. Just throw a few million dollars and the problems solved. Regular people, or good people, simply cannot afford to do that, so it creates the illusion that bad things happen to good people.

- Lastly, just because good people are good, doesn't mean that bad things shouldn't happen to them. While having karma would be a good thing, in which good deeds will give you good rewards and vice verse, it simply doesn't happen. Perhaps the good people will be rewarded in the afterlife if you religious, and the bad people will suffer for their deeds on earth.

So here are my points and arguments, I guess. I probably screwed up somewhere up there or I backed up the wrong side. Oh well. Good luck to you my opponent, I await your reply.
juverina

Pro

juverina forfeited this round.
Pretzelz

Con

Pretzelz forfeited this round.
juverina

Pro

juverina forfeited this round.
Pretzelz

Con

Pretzelz forfeited this round.
juverina

Pro

juverina forfeited this round.
Pretzelz

Con

Pretzelz forfeited this round.
juverina

Pro

juverina forfeited this round.
Pretzelz

Con

Pretzelz forfeited this round.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"Bad" Things do not happen. Only Things that must happen under these curcumstances.
Posted by Pretzelz 1 year ago
Pretzelz
I, uh, already accepted the debate. Sorry michigainman56 or anyone else who wanted to accept the debate. Anyways I think next round we should clarify what are we debating about before we post our points. It might clear up any confusion on whats going on here.
Posted by Ezk 1 year ago
Ezk
I haven't read "The Magic, Rhonda Byne". However, I watched the documentary, "The Secret". While I will not cite it as a reputable source, or as scientific evidence, would you please be able to point me towards what sources establish causal relation between Gratefulness/Ungratefulness and being Rich/Poor?

Good Luck with your debate.
Posted by michigainman56 1 year ago
michigainman56
I will accept but what is con debating?
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Right.. What is con debating?
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
I'm kind of confused, so what is the side of Con debating?