why blue is better than red

blue is better than red because in polls it has been shown to be the most favorite color and is known to be a trustworthy color usually associated with the hero.

I will argue that red is just as good, if not better than blue.

I will first give the definition of the two colors.

Blue: "Of the color blue." [1]
Red: "Of the color red." [2]

These definitions, although obvious, show that there is no way, shape or form that blue can be better than red. Blue is just a color. Red is just a color.

I will use examples from history however to support my case:
-What was and is the color of Communism? RED!
-What color do you see most on the corpse of a dead soldier on the battlefield? RED!

"The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention." [3]

Pro's argument:

"blue is better than red because in polls it has been shown to be the most favorite color and is known to be a trustworthy color usually associated with the hero."

First of all, "blue" should have a capital letter. Second, it would be nice if you actually gave a link to these "polls" that you found as proof of your claim. Finally, red is used just as often with hero's. For example, what color is Spiderman? RED!

These are the links for my previous statement.

You said that Spider man was red he is arguably 40% blue a more accurate example would be Flash. Blue is known to be more serene and calm than the other colors. Blue is shown to make people work harder and get more progress done. With red it makes things seem more aggressive, demanding, and fearful. With DVDs they use red lasers to read the disc but, with Blu-ray discs they use blue lasers to read them making them more defined and better than the regular discs which I said before use Red lasers.

Is a walnut better than a peanut? NO! They are both just nuts.
Is a soccer ball better than a basketball? NO! They are both just balls.

Is the color blue better than the color red? NO! They are both just colors.

So how can you say that blue is better? You have not proved it in your previous arguments. More people like blue than red: you have proved that. But what you haven't proved is that blue is BETTER than red which is what this debate is all about.

I could argue for example that red 'stands out' more than blue. However this would not make it a better color.

My job in this debate is simply to prove that blue is not a better color and I have done so by stating that blue and red are both just colors.

mouses5 forfeited this round.

Yep, I win Pro FF!!! VOTE CON!!!
Posted by Tristanbug 2 years ago
Red is the color for red shirt Friday not blue they don't support our troops by wearing blue do they if you answered yes you are as stupid as they come its red that we were in honor of them!
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Good job to both debaters. However Pro contiuned to just state that Blue was better because of a poll. Although he did use spiderman as an example. He did not really elaborate on it. Con had facts and more sources to back up his argument. He showed how red pyschologically and physically can be better.