chrisb
Honeyhoney

why cell phones should be allow in schools

Started: 2/6/2014 Category: Technology

chrisb

Pro

i think cell phones should be allow in school so they can talk to there mom and dad
Honeyhoney

Con

It is fine in most schools for children to have their phones in their bags as long as they are not using them in lessons, which I completely agree with. Children have plenty of time to have a chat with their parents when they are not at school. However to really excel at school they must focus on the subject. Think of the poor teachers trying to teach a class of kids who are addicted to their phones or on facebook trying to teach a lesson. How would that work?
chrisb

Pro

chrisb forfeited this round.
Honeyhoney

Con

Phones are merely a distraction during school time and in no way aid education. Computers can do everything that a phone could do, but have filters to stop you to go off task. I can not see any plusses of children being allowed phones in school.
chrisb

Pro

chrisb forfeited this round.
Honeyhoney

Con

Looking in the comments it is important that they have their phones for emergencies, but should not have them in class.
chrisb

Pro

chrisb forfeited this round.
Honeyhoney

Con

I don't really feel I can continue arguing when I have my points across. Someone comment a counter argument pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeeee?
chrisb

Pro

chrisb forfeited this round.
Honeyhoney

Con

Honeyhoney forfeited this round.
Posted by maher95 3 years ago
maher95
I really do feel for the teachers that want to engage their students but are granted kids who text in class, and I agree that school should be an institution for learning and not socializing. This in no way steers me to believe that students shouldn't be allowed to bring their phones to school in case of an emergency.

Yes, its a huge distraction. But do you really want to rid your child of his one and only opportunity to call home if an intruder starts a killing spree at school? I'd hope not. Education is vital, but you have to be alive to attain what it has to offer....