why do christians make it seem hard to follow Jesus, when its soo easy.

I think women should be able to preach, and have the same right as the man in church

It took me a while to actually understand what you've been asking in this question, and it finally came into realization when I read your round 1 post. And the simple answer to your question, is that there can't be women as priests because a Priest is a man. Nuns are the women preachers in a Catholic Church. So, with your question of "Why don't women have equal treatments in church" They do. You're topic on the other hand "Why do Christians make it seem hard to follow Jesus, is actually not factual. When you join the Christian church, you don't worship Jesus, you worship God, and that's the same for every religion, just differant types of gods (God, Allah, etc.) As a member of the Catholic faith, the reason it's not "easy" to join my religion, is because it's a commitment. And that commitment, takes alot of thinking.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to debate you today too!

But what does the bible actually teach, i meen we all have our point of views but what does the bible say?
Gen 29:9 And while he yet spake with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep: for she kept them.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now the bible also says: 1Cor 4:6 My brothers, it is because of you that I have taken Apollos and myself as examples of these things, so that in us you might see that it is not wise to go farther than what is in the holy Writings, so that no one of you may be lifted up against his brother.

So don't think more than what the bible says, speak about it exactly how it is written.
And no it shouldn't be hard to follow Jesus: Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Its impossible to get to God, with out going through Jesus first
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but)] [he that acknowledgeth] [the Son] [hath] [the Father] [also].
Jn 5:23 That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Now the bible also says It ain't hard
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Jn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I'll be completely honest. You're last argument has confused me. What you're asking is Why is it hard to follow Jesus (and God), and I answered with a simple answer. Some people just aren't ready for such a commitment. What you're stating in that last argument, is just a bunch of bible scriptures that you most likely don't know what mean. The Old Testament is the story of Man (and Woman), and The New Testament is the story of Jesus and his deciples lives. You've also changed your question with each passing round I'd like to point out too. When it comes down to it, you're question was "Why don't women get to preach, or have the same rights as the man in a church?" You answered it yourself! The man is the HEAD of the house, as GOD is the head of the church. God needs help to command his churches, and the person who will go among and preach will be the head of the house. There are Nuns too though! Nuns are the exact same as a Priest! In Mass this weekend, we have multiple Nuns who come and speak the word of God!

Ofcourse you'll be confuse that shows me that you don't read the bible, the old testament is way more than just a man and women, first of all you Catholics don't even read the bible and i know that because my cousin is a preist, and i have a nun cousin, and i should know better, how much opposite steps you guys do that are against the bible.
i said women should preach, Were in the bible does it say "I God say women can't preach". It don't say it, so if i was you i would buy myself a bible and study it, because the word preist doesn't exist in the bible nor "nun"... now many Preist like an example: Henry Gregory Adams, Joseph Tremblay, Bartholomew F. Brewer, Hugh Farrell, Alexander Carson, Charles Berr, Bob Bush etc. All these guys were High respected priest know by the world, that them self say ( man the Catholics teach that we gota make sacrafices to be heard from God, They worship Jesus mother more than The Actual God that should be worship which is the Same God the same Spirit that was in Jesus.. the bible says: Eph 2:8 Because by grace you have salvation through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is given by God:
Eph 2:9 Not by works, so that no man may take glory to himself.

So why do hard works if its a gift?
I specificly said; i want bible back up, because all your saying it ain't even written in the bible, So why should your word matter if that's your opinion and not Gods word.
The bible is what should do the talking

GlendaleDebate forfeited this round.
Posted by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
Welcome to DDO

Why don't you challenge DanielChristopherBlowes, He wrote in the forums that he would like to debate this.

Underneath his picture there it place to click on to challenge.

It looks like this:

Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

Good Luck.
Posted by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
I suggest that you put the resolution into the debate, in round 1, you can still edit it until someone accepts the debate, so do it ASAP - now.
Posted by aguilarjohn7 3 years ago
Yea, I'm new to this i just sign up, but yea Benny that's wat my resolution is about, wat u just said
Posted by BennyW 3 years ago
Maybe you could change the resolution t something like, women should be allowed to preach in church or Women should be equal to men in areas of church leadership.
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
1. Drafter: So true.
2. Ever heard of the forums?
Posted by aguilarjohn7 3 years ago
Yes they can, and I'm shure you know that, man can't have kids, women need men and men need women, and i was specific, I'm talking towards religious people
Posted by drafterman 3 years ago
Peeing standing up. Debate over.
Posted by aguilarjohn7 3 years ago
that women should have the same right as the man, that women shouldn't have rules different than men, women's are our helpers not our slaves
Posted by AlwaysMoreThanYou 3 years ago
What's the resolution?