priyankapai113
kkoener

why do people like to show off their wealth?

priyankapai113

Con

i stay in a middle class society in Mumbai,the financial capital of India.Yesterday ,my next door neighbour purchased a diamond necklace and the first thing she did after purchasing it was put it up on Facebook and say "My new bling"
This very nature of hers got me thinking and made me wonder what would induce a 40-year old lady to do the same.I mean its ok to buy good stuff in life and enjoy it yourself but why do you have to publicize it and let the whole world know that you possess something others can only dream of?Is it to prove that she is greater than the others who dont possess the same or is it because it is an ego booster to know the same?
kkoener

Pro

I think that people like to show off there wealth because they think they have more power than others, which is somewhat true because they can get more things with money, but at the same time I think they overdue it with how much they show off and it causes some conflict with some people
priyankapai113

Con

priyankapai113 forfeited this round.
kkoener

Pro

kkoener forfeited this round.
priyankapai113

Con

priyankapai113 forfeited this round.
kkoener

Pro

kkoener forfeited this round.