jasmine1999
Matt_L

why do people think violent video games is the most inportant thing?

Matt_L
Started: 1/9/2014 Category: Games

jasmine1999

Con

i think it is stupid to evan think that
Matt_L

Pro

Violence - behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. - Oxford Dictionary of English

I'd first like to point out that almost all video games condone some sort of violence. It could be something as small squashing a bad guy in a Mario Brothers game or as large as killing 17 zillion zombies in Dead Rising Three. It makes no difference. It's violence. So when I refer to "video games" in general, violence is inferred. Although, now that I've explicated it, I suppose it's not inferred anymore.... Hmmm.

Anyway, I think that there are a couple of different reason why the focus of some people is predominantly on "violent" video games.

1. For some people, video games are a form of release.
A great number of individuals sit in a classrooms or offices for most of the day, forced to do things that don't really interest them. For many of these individuals, playing a video game may be the only way to escape the deadly monotony of day to day life. A video game allows you to express yourself in ways that you would never be able to in real life. For example: If your boss at work has gotten on your last nerve and you decide to punch him/her in the nose, you're going to face some serious consequences! The easiest to imagine would be losing your source of income and therefore sustainment. This would obviously have a large affect on you (and probably your boss as well). Now, you could have easily vented the frustration you feel at something other than your boss. You could go workout, punch a punching bag, squeeze a squeezy thing, or you could cause destruction in a video game. Punching a person in a video game doesn't cause a change in the status of your job or your bosses health. You're allowed to do whatever you want to do! You're allowed to be whoever you want to be! If you were one of the monotonous individuals, why wouldn't your primary focus be freedom, a.k.a. video games?
I see this as one explanation for why so many people focus so heavily on video games.

2. There are also those who see video games as a negative rather than a positive in people's lives. They're the ones who are concerned that the violence found in video games is seeping out into the lives of the masses who play them. These people see a connection between how their children are allowed to behave in video games and how their children decide to behave in real life. If you though that keeping such violence out of your child's imagination could be achieved through keeping violence out of video games, why wouldn't you be focused on doing just that? Wouldn't you feel the need to make the world aware of the problem you see with video games? Perhaps you wouldn't (I don't know you personally so I don't know your convictions), but hundreds of others would, and they do every day.
I believe that this is another reason why people spend their time engrossed in video games. Not necessarily playing them, but understanding and protesting them.
jasmine1999

Con

jasmine1999 forfeited this round.
Matt_L

Pro

As my opponent has not given any counter argument, I extend my original points from round one over to round two.
jasmine1999

Con

jasmine1999 forfeited this round.
Matt_L

Pro

I, once again, extend my round one arguments to this round.
jasmine1999

Con

jasmine1999 forfeited this round.
Matt_L

Pro

Well, I suppose my opponent isn't coming back...

jasmine1999

Con

jasmine1999 forfeited this round.
Matt_L

Pro

I humbly ask you to vote Pro.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
In the title: Please capitalize "why," make it "are" not "is" and "important" not "inportant." In the debate round 1: Capitalize "I," make it "even" not "evan," and end with a period.
Vote Placed by TheUser 2 years ago
TheUser
jasmine1999Matt_LTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con began horribly for an argument, and did not get to express his or her points. Pro did argue all his points and had better SG and conduct. Pro perfectly explained violence in video games. Winner is Pro.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
jasmine1999Matt_LTied
Reasons for voting decision: Humbly I vote for Pro as asked well that and Con forfeited fully so its obvious to whom points go.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
jasmine1999Matt_LTied
Vote Placed by Timelord48 3 years ago
Timelord48
jasmine1999Matt_LTied
Reasons for voting decision: I just had to choose pro because con had terrible grammar and spelling. He also couldn't even continue an Arguement.
Vote Placed by Jay-D 3 years ago
Jay-D
jasmine1999Matt_LTied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G and conduct go out the window for Con. No one used any sources. Con didn't really make any arguments either. In all, its 5-0 in Pro's favour.