sam123
InquireTruth

why do some parents don't let there children go out with there friends

sam123

Pro

HI, Some of my friends parents don't let them go out even if they have any school trip or any kind of party but my freinds are teens they are in a suitable age to take care of them self.
InquireTruth

Con

If the resolution is essentially, "parents should not bar their children from going out with their friends," then I have a few contentions that I will address after refuting my opponents claims.

"teens...they are in a suitable age to take care of them self."
Yes, but we are talking about CHILDREN here (which are regarded as being a person from birth to puberty)(1). Children certainly need some assistance in taking care of themselves.

Contentions:
1. Parents have more experience in life and often times know what is best for their children.
2. Friends are not always good influences. A parent may rightly want to bar their children from playing with the friendly petastache prowler - even if the child refers to him has "friend."
3. Michael Jackson was a great friend - need I say more?

sam123

Pro

Hi you may say that parents have more experience but why are they so protective, they so protective that they will let there children have freedom.

Freedom is important and education as well nowadays students are always lacking behind in there studies because they cant have freedom to go out for there school trip why because there parents don't let them go out.

They don't let time even complete high school they usually tell him to work or get married in a very young age like 15 or even 10 is this fair.
please reply
InquireTruth

Con

"Hi you may say that parents have more experience but why are they so protective, they so protective that they will let there children have freedom."

You are not being very clear. Gives some specific examples where children have a specific right that is being taken away unjustly by their parents.

"Freedom is important and education as well nowadays students are always lacking behind in there studies because they cant have freedom to go out for there school trip why because there parents don't let them go out."

Can you give some statistics or supporting evidence that shows at least some correlation between missing school trips and a decrease in school studies? I have had plenty of experience with school trips, I could have done without. Going on school trips is not a freedom that all children inherently have. You speak of freedom as if it means that children should be able to do whatever they wish – this is simply not true.

"They don't let time even complete high school they usually tell him to work or get married in a very young age like 15 or even 10 is this fair."

Kids are being forced into marriage at the age of TEN!? In South Dakota of all places? That is an entirely different issue all together. South Dakota law requires applicants who are 16 or 17 to have parental consent, and people under the age of 16 CANNOT marry (1). Are you changing your resolution from friends to work?

Contentions:
1. Freedom does not mean a child can do whatever they please.
2. A parent, under law, is the responsible guardian over their children. This gives them the right to bar children from hanging out with certain people.
3. My opponent is not offering evidence. Merely stating something does not make it so.

http://www.coolnurse.com...
sam123

Pro

You may argue that its the right thing that parents are not allowing children to go out because of there good but why does it happen all the time for example parents are expecting too much form there children even if its hard they forced
caldera to fallow them.

Has teen you have some feeling,ambitions you want to do something by your own you don't want too always be depend toward your parents.

Why parents usually interfere SO MUCH ?
if you argue that they are very protective they why do they even let us go to school?
In Pakistan,India there many children who are not gating freedom and, if they even have a chance to study the chance
is not enough to stand in the society because there parents don't lets them study more.

1. Parents things that there are right but not always.
2. In my collage I know many students parents don't let even talk with friends on the phone.
3. Maybe you in the western side thats you may have more freedom but have you ever thing of the eastern side

please reply
InquireTruth

Con

caldera to fallow them."

I'm not arguing that it is good or bad. I am arguing that it is the parents right to exercise such power of their children. Children often times do not know what is best for themselves. For instance, when I was young, I thought it would be good to feed my turtle pizza - being a fellow ninja turtle and all. But fortunately my parents swiftly caught my blunder and stopped my forced feeding.

My ninja turtles fantasies notwithstanding, I will have to again ask you for more specific examples and a clear statement of the resolution you think you are arguing.

1. Parents are not always right, that is true, but when you are old enough to live all by your lonesome, you will have the luxury of looking back and deciding whether what they did was good or bad. I look back even now and say to myself, "Dang, my parents were right."

2. Yeah they need to get their homework done, who do they think they are?

3. Parents are strict here too.

Question:
Do you think parents should not have the right to regulate who their kids hang out with?
sam123

Pro

First, I want to answer your question and the answer is that parents should know where the children is and hanging around with I agree but if still know that doesn't want there children to hang around with that person even if the parents is good then what should the child do.

I am not asking that parents should leave there child and let them do what ever they want but FREEDOM is very important for the young children to develop for ex: they should have freedom of speech, they should have freedom to choose friends and if you think that is wrong and I would say that you do not mean want is freedom and your are arguing only for your win
InquireTruth

Con

"with I agree but if still know that doesn't want there children to hang around with that person even if the parents is good then what should the child do."

The child should obey his or her parents. I thought the ice cream man that came around my block was good, then he stole my best friends sister and killed himself.

"I am not asking that parents should leave there child and let them do what ever they want..."

Yes you are. You are saying that they should have the right to hang out with friends regardless of what their parents have said.

"but FREEDOM is very important for the young children to develop for ex: they should have freedom of speech, they should have freedom to choose friends and if you think that is wrong and I would say that you do not mean want is freedom and your are arguing only for your win"

Freedom is not very important for a young child - PROTECTION is very important for a young child. They can choose their friends, but parents reserve the right to determine whether those friends are appropriate influences.
sam123

Pro

sam123 forfeited this round.
InquireTruth

Con

Extend! Vote CON! Extend! Vote CON! Extend! Vote CON! Extend! Vote CON! Extend! Vote CON! Extend! Vote CON!
Posted by stfuss 7 years ago
stfuss
As we all know, parents love their children so much. They don't want to see their children facing any kind of problems. Generally parents doesn't allow children in most of the cases to go out with their friends due to this reason. http://www.troubledteensguide.com...
Posted by mastajake 8 years ago
mastajake
I think all parents should be on your case till you are 18 but of course there are limitations to my term "on your case".

When I say "your" I am not necessarily directing it to any one in specific .
Posted by paramore102 8 years ago
paramore102
my parents are always on my case about who iahng out with, I don't really leave my house and i don't hang out with my friends that much but i guess they care and that I'm thankful for that.
Vote Placed by Awed 7 years ago
Awed
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by PwnzorDebaterLyncher 8 years ago
PwnzorDebaterLyncher
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by patsox834 8 years ago
patsox834
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by Alex 8 years ago
Alex
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by Youngblood 8 years ago
Youngblood
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by Gmoney 8 years ago
Gmoney
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by pcmarketx 8 years ago
pcmarketx
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by Steven123 8 years ago
Steven123
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by Agnostic 8 years ago
Agnostic
sam123InquireTruthTied
Vote Placed by tribefan011 8 years ago
tribefan011
sam123InquireTruthTied