max123oz
Tarik

why gay marriageis ok

max123oz

max123oz

Pro

lets do this
Tarik

Con

I don't think gay marriage should be legal because of religious and reproductive reasons.
max123oz

Pro

Ok some people would pull the religion card but this world is changing people have been striped of there rights and people see that its not fair and they can help on the spot.
Tarik

Con

Marriage was created by a straight person and was intended for straight people so as a society we should respect that, marriage is between a man and a woman so if gays want society to view them the same way they view straights then get married to someone of the opposite sex the way straights do.
max123oz

Pro

gays do respect it. its just they know what they like and its a boy or girl and they have the right to like that person and plus they were born that way studies show its natural to be gay. animals have shown to be gay or have deep attractions for the same gender of there species .
Tarik

Con

If gays respected it they wouldn't try to get married, and making gay marriage illegal doesn't mean gays don't have the right to like other gays it means gays don't have the right to marry other gays I mean would you be okay with everybody being gay?
max123oz

Pro

not everyone is gay but that's what makes it special.its better to be different then to be the same as everyone else. getting married is you have found some one to spend the rest of your life with. if you are Christian I have a feeling that you are if "god" made humanity and he made everyone differently he made people gay and since I'm not gay my self it is not that big of a deal ,but if a friend came out to me I would not think different of them I would stick up for them what would you do???
Tarik

Con

I know not everyone is gay but what if everyone were? The answer would be the end of mankind, of course that wouldn't happen based on the majority of the world being straight but hypothetically speaking if everyone were straight it wouldn't leave a negative impact on the world but if everyone were gay it would because they aren't capable of procreation so the government shouldn't support their relationship by marrying them, bottom line is gays need straights in their life to legally adopt children and keep mankind going but straights don't need gays for those reasons gays should keep in mind that being gay isn't illegal but gays getting married should be because it isn't marriage and the government shouldn't support a lifestyle that doesn't benefit them in any way shape or form, but straights can procreate and that benefits the government. If a friend came out to me I wouldn't tear them down for it because it's not my place however I might tell them my beliefs and pray for them.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
Incorrect SpiffyTexan.
Sexual conduct is a choice, sexual orientation is not.
If it were, then you could choose to suddenly be attracted to men, but since it's likely you are a straight male, you find other men unappealing with respect to sexual desire.
Homosexual people do have varying degrees of Estrogen and Testosterone, this is what makes the difference between a flaming gay and a straight gay. Some gay men don't talk with a flippant voice, they sound like every other dude you'd meet. Some gay women dress in pink dresses, put on make-up, and act like a typical woman all the same. Some STRAIGHT men have higher levels of estrogen and thus act in a more feminine way, while some STRAIGHT women act in manly ways. Ever heard of a tom-boy?

Those two hormones are not responsible for determining sexual attraction. While there are a wide variety of factors that could affect someones preference, it is almost solely determined while in the womb. It's obvious when you think about it, gay men are men who were born with the sexual attraction he would have had if he were female and vice-versa with women. Sexual Orientation, A persons Sex, and Gender Identity are independent factors that usually correspond with each other, but due to the way DNA works when copied over and over, the results isn't always guaranteed. And no, this is not an error or defect in their genes, it is simply the way they are.

Marriage should NOT exclusive to straight people in the same way it IS NOT exclusive to the same race, the same religion, the same height, weight or any other attribute a person might have. Any two people who want to be married for whatever reason have the same right as anyone else. What can a married couple do that a non-married couple can't do, straight or gay? Marriage means whatever the couples getting married wants it to mean.
Posted by SpiffyTexan 2 years ago
SpiffyTexan
Wow, pro said that it's better to be different when everyone is the same. Don't get me wrong, I love individualism, but if everyone else obeys the law then is it really better to break the law just to be different?
Marriage is sacred to a man and a woman, if people want to be gay, be gay. But you are not going to screw up the entire history and meaning of marriage by demanding for everyone else to make an exception because you have a higher level of testosterone or estrogen than you should. No one is born straight or gay, they have a choice.
Posted by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
About being able to produce babies...

Keep in mind that sexual intercourse isn't the only way to get pregnant.
Posted by sherlockholmesfan2798 2 years ago
sherlockholmesfan2798
Sorry for my vote. I just finished 3 debates and was testing if I could vote. But I voted all tied so it didn't make a difference.
Posted by sethlacrow 2 years ago
sethlacrow
Con said there would be nothing negative about everyone being straight. One word and it is over population. If everyone was straight and sexually reproduced humans would reach their carrying capacity of there environment a lot quicker than we would if we didn't have gay people that do not want children.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
This debate is... questionable. Already, neither have given proofs for their bold claims and is instead an argument based on subjective reasonings, which immediately makes the statements dubious at best. If gay marriage is an issue, then 'what kind of issue' is the topic that needs to be addressed. Marriage is a legal contract recognized and authorized by the government, therefore it is no longer a religious issue, but a societal one. Now it is merely a short debate about why we would play favorites when it comes to a governmental binding contract.
Posted by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Cheyennebodie, you harbour both a lot of pride, and a lot of prejudice. I presume you are Christian, and I would ask you to read Matthew 25. God bless.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Have NEVER taken anyone elses money ,except to fulfill a contract, written or verbal. If, that is a big if, I get sick, I will first go to the word of God concerning healing and just listen. That has worked just fine for over 30 years. Now I would not suggest just anyone do that. The bible says that Abraham was fully persuaded that what God had promised he was able also to perform.

Even before I learned God's promises, I never went to government for anything. Was not raised that way.My mother raised us four kids by herself. Never once taking any government handout.I was not raised to be a freeloader like so many of people today.

You are not listening. I am NOT entitled to other peoples money. I could take a million dollars off Bill Gates and he probably would not miss it. But that doesn't make it any less stealing.
Posted by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Well Cheyennebodie, why should you be entitled to anyone else's tax money if you fall seriously ill, if you're not willing to do the same for others?
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I do not care if they are married or not. They are not welcome in my home.And they are not welcome to my tax money if they get AIDS .If I want to help them, I should have the freedom to or not to do it.I will let them alone and they can leave me alone.
Vote Placed by KatieKat99 2 years ago
KatieKat99
max123ozTarikTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con you used a logical fallacy. You claimed it was made by straight people thus it an only be had by straight people this goes into the idea of what is should be. You can?t argue a logical fallacy and win.
Vote Placed by TrasguTravieso 2 years ago
TrasguTravieso
max123ozTarikTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments weren't the best, but it is Pro who had the BoP and instead of fulfilling it spent the debate attempting to rebut Con. I am countering Debatequeen's votebomb for the time being. Please be so kind as to warn me if it is corrected.
Vote Placed by Defro 2 years ago
Defro
max123ozTarikTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were overall unaddressed by Pro. This is because Pro misinterpreted Con's "religion" argument. Con is saying it is ok for gays to be together, but they shouldn't get married or call their relationship "marriages" because marriage is a ritual created by religion intended for a man and a woman. Therefore marrying two people of the same gender is disrespectful to religion.