rangersfootballclub
dmrg

why is communism , a bad idea ?

rangersfootballclub

Pro

in this debate i will argue , for communism.

I would like to challenge anybody to prove me wrong that communism , is a bad ideology and explain why America hates this ideolgy. I do not wish to have somebody tell me communism does not work because of human nature , i am asking why America is against the idea of allowing communism. The second i hear somebody debating me saying , communism doesn't work because ... i will close this debate or not even answer the question as I am perfectly aware why it does not work because of human nature.

But i wish for somebody to tell me why humans are against the idea of a free society , of working to live not living to work. First i will define communism in the best way I can if it is not clear what I am talking about then I shall wait to hear my opponents response , remember not why it wont work , but why people hate it.

communism -
1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
2. Communism
a. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.
dmrg

Con

Communist is a horrible idea and everyone being equal would never work out!!
If you have ever read Animal Farm you would see that in our human nature it is almost imposible for every man to be equal. If we lived in a communist government we would be a mess as it is just not in our humananture
rangersfootballclub

Pro

look learn to read , i am not debating why it wont work !!!! you lose already , i understand it wont work , but tell me why people are so against communism ? everybody being equal what's wrong with that ?? i am not interested in human nature damn it , read my post before you post ! god i stated on several occasions what i meant !

unless you can come back with an argument on the point you have surely lost as you have failed to answer the question and you have actually not even read my post you read the name alone i bet you.
dmrg

Con

Your saying what is wrong with the idea of everyone being eual, well the problem is if everone is equal then you have got a communist government, and like you alredy said you know why a comuist government wont work!!!
rangersfootballclub

Pro

are you unable to read ?? I said jsut imagine there was no goverment .

god i will put it to you as simple as i can , whats wrong with the ideology of communism why cant , this world have others being equal. If you truley struggle with that imagine a communist village back in the stone age where there was no goverment .
dmrg

Con

ok well good debate good job
Posted by JBlake 5 years ago
JBlake
Sadolite,
You took my phrase completely out of context. I said that there are examples of socialism being successfull. You did not exist in those countries or during those periods, so I don't know why you felt the need to say it does not work for you.

AIG Bonuses:
I know their official explanation, that does not make it right for them to give bailout money to their top execs. That is your tax dollars, sadolite, that you so jealously guard. Why is it okay to you that it went to top execs., and not okay that it goes to feed people? Feeding poor people has the added bonus of keeping them from violence or from stealing someone else's food to survive, whereas giving that money to already rich people helps no one.
The reason that AIG claimed for their bonuses is to ensure a high exec. retention rate and to offer recruiting incentives to potential execs. That is not a problem when their buisiness is doing well, or when the money comes from their profits. It IS a problem when it is tax payer money.

Why is socialism okay for the wealthy but not for the rest of us?
Posted by rougeagent21 5 years ago
rougeagent21
Look at Roy's debate. I think he tries to say why there.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
"socialism works just fine." Doesn't work for me, it just consumes my paycheck and gives it to worthless losers who make bad life decisions. Socialism is a promoter of racism and class warfare. Just look at our current situation with AIG. Everyone without exception does not know why AIG gave out bonuses. Anyone care to answer? I am just curious if anyone knows why they handed them out and rightfully so.
Posted by rougeagent21 5 years ago
rougeagent21
Conduct to dmrg
grammar to dmrg
arguments tied-neither presented any
sources-tied-neither used any

Rangers, challenge me to this debate if you have time.
Posted by rangersfootballclub 5 years ago
rangersfootballclub
i dont care if its a debating community or not fair enough , find somewhere else to post i am sick of recviing these e-mails , you are both mereley insulting each other , and i wont click turn e-0mails off because incase somebody has a valid point to make.
Posted by JBlake 5 years ago
JBlake
History also shows that capitalism fails. History also shows that republics fail. History also shows that democracy fails. History also shows that the free market fails. If we rejected all systems because there are some examples of failure we would have nothing. But since anarchy has failed as well, we would have less than nothing. The fact of the matter is, any system you can conceive has examples of failure.

You are selectively picking out the portions of history that re-affirm your already held beliefs. There are examples in history and in the present day in which socialism works just fine.

Also, it is not as though we don't look at ways of improving old systmes that have failed or succeeded. We would not try to implement a socialist system on the Soviet model and think that our generation can succeed because we are smarter, as you suggest. I haven't heard anyone advocating anything remotely similar to the Soviet model.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
You should read this book if you can find it: "It Can't Happen Here" is a semi-satirical political novel by Sinclair Lewis published in 1935. It is a description of what America might look like if the Right wing was allowed to take over America in his view. The funny thing is, it is today's left wing that is more like what this man describes. It is very interesting that hes was exactly 180 degrees wrong and he was an ardent socialist.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
The better question is why do you consider socialism an option when there is so much overwhelming evidence and history to prove that it sucks. It reminds me of the old adage "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". It's like, oh this time it will work because we know better now, our generation is smarter than all previous generations. All the previous generations were dumb and didn't know how to do anything, they were all just war mongering idiots. But we, this generation will never repeat anything that a previous generation does. I would bet all of my money that this generation would screw it up even worse as this generation has rejected the whole concept of right and wrong and good and evil. They wouldn't even be able to tell when they were being screwed. Pretty much like thay can't tell now with the current socialist regime we have now. I can see it a hundred miles away, but you can't. You only hope it works because you would look....................... if it doesn't. I'll let you fill in the blank.
Posted by JBlake 5 years ago
JBlake
Evil?

hahaha
If it were anyone else I would expect support for such an outlandish claim, but I know with you such a request is impossible. Instead I will ask: Why are you so closed-minded?

rangersfootball, stop being so aggressive. We will all post where we please. This is a debating community, we are debating.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
I will never respect socialism. Socialism will make me bow to it by force and fear of prosecution. Socialism is evil.
Vote Placed by kukupser 5 years ago
kukupser
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 5 years ago
rougeagent21
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by lordjosh 5 years ago
lordjosh
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 5 years ago
JBlake
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by dmrg 5 years ago
dmrg
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by trendem 5 years ago
trendem
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by NOK_Domination 5 years ago
NOK_Domination
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied
Vote Placed by sorc 5 years ago
sorc
rangersfootballclubdmrgTied