rightsforwomen
The_Jack_Of_Blades

why is racism and discrimination so wrong when sexism towards women is not even important?!

rightsforwomen

Pro

I feel that racism and discrimination is VERY wrong. but what I don't understand is how racism & discrimination is being tackled but yet sexism towards women isn't really a major issue, what my question is, is how a man can have more rights and be more equal/important than a woman. I hope I am not offending anyone but I do have a genuine question and would not mind some feedback, thanks :)
The_Jack_Of_Blades

Con

Before I start I can almost guarantee I will lose this debate. Not because I am wrong, but because my views are not politically correct, and it is sad that most people today, when faced with a harsh reality, would rather turn a blind eye and scream racism and sexism at it, than face it head on and deal with the real issues at hand. so, with my imminent defeat impending, let me get started.

"why is racism and discrimination so wrong when sexism towards women is not even important?!"

you then ask. " how a man can have more rights and be more equal/important than a woman."

I am wondering if you can give me a single shred of evidence that men have more rights than women have? what rights to men have that you don't have?

We have the right to be drafted by the military and be forced to go to war? Do you mean that right?

We have the right to have no say at all what the mother of our children does with our unborn baby. the mother gets to choose whether to keep the child or abort it. Do you mean that right?

I am not complaining here, I am happy to die for my country or raise a child with someone. I am just trying to figure out what right you think men have, that women don't have. what exactly are you upset about?

I have a few ideas about what you might say.

Women Get paid less than Men!!!

This is true, but, there was a study that came out from (http://www.payscale.com...) that basically says that people in starting positions and entry level management make almost exactly the same amount of money whether they are male or female.

the gap in pay only occurs in upper level management and executive management where men still get paid more. So unless you are an upper level manager or higher you are getting the same pay as men are in your same position. worry about getting that upper level job first okay?

I would highly suggest that you watch this video. it is Milton Friedman (a famous economist, now deceased) giving a lecture about equal pay for equal work

It really shows how this sort of equal pay for equal work thing hurts women in the long run. It is best to let the free market work these things out on its own.

I think that is all I will say for now. you really didn't give me much to work with so I'm not sure what your position is. I hope you can clarify your stance.

I know sometimes you probably see being a woman as some sort of burden or something. I am a white male with blond hair and blue eyes, so the entire world sees me as some sort of underprivileged piece of crap that has never worked a day in his life to get anything.

let me tell you though. I work extremely hard, and I have gone far in life. not because I am white, or a man, or blond, or have blue eyes, but because I believe in . I believe in being courageous. I believe in truth, courage, honor, fidelity, discipline, self reliance, hospitality, industriousness, perseverance. I believe in taking responsibility for my own life, and when someone has been unfair to me I do not sit there and cry about it. I persevere and overcome.

look at Asian immigrants and Jewish immigrants and Mexican immigrants. do you not think that they deal with the same levels of discrimination that African Americans face? racists still discriminate against these people. yet you do not see them on TV every day crying racism at every opportunity do you? No. and as a result most of them live very happy and productive lives. that is why African Americans have such a hard time breaking the cycle, they want to be victims, and through their want they find a way to become victims. instead of shutting their mouths and getting to work, they would rather cry about it and ask for handouts.

this is similar to women crying about the same thing. stop crying. get up, away from the keyboard, and do something about it. if you don't get paid enough then ask for a raise, if you cant get a raise then find another job, if you cant find a better job then better yourself until you can find a better job. repeat as necessary. that is how to succeed, that is how to be a winner, that is the secrete that makes people great.

If this has offended you it doesn't mean that its wrong, it means that you need to take personal responsibility for your life and quite worrying about how well I'm doing, and worry more about figuring out how to emulate me.

~ The Jack of Blades
rightsforwomen

Pro

rightsforwomen forfeited this round.
The_Jack_Of_Blades

Con

The_Jack_Of_Blades forfeited this round.
rightsforwomen

Pro

rightsforwomen forfeited this round.
The_Jack_Of_Blades

Con

Posted by progressivedem22 3 years ago
progressivedem22
Also, Milton Friedman was long ago discredited when he claimed that the Fed, ipso facto, could have prevented the Great Depression. This so-called "free market" is a utopian sham.
Posted by progressivedem22 3 years ago
progressivedem22
@The_Jack_of_Blades:

Would you mind sourcing those statistics? The only one I could find was the welfare statistic, which I presume is a national figure.
Posted by The_Jack_Of_Blades 3 years ago
The_Jack_Of_Blades
Call it what you want. I am not here to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

blacks make up 12.6% of the population. yet account for

39.8% of welfare recipients.
39.4% of the prison population
49.7% of Murders
32.9% of rapes
55.6% of robberies

those are FACTS. but i bet they made you cringe and want to jump up and yell racism. well too bad. they are facts. deal with it.

same with a great many of African Americans. and women nowadays that want to claim to be victims for every little slight made against them.

So call me what you want. you are coming from a position of emotion. I am coming from a position of facts.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Jack, of course some people want to be victims. To say African Americans as a whole want to be victims is a whole different story. This is negative stereotyping a group by their race. They call this racism. I know it's a harsh term to be throwing around, but I thought you should be aware that you are indeed posting racist arguments.
The_Jack_Of_Blades
whoops

this happens all the time. and then think about the fact that there are organizations like the NAACP that make their living off of making victims out of people and them crying discrimination at literally every turn.

A LOT of people want to be victims.
The_Jack_Of_Blades
there are people that go through their entire lives making a living off of being a victim. Jessie Jackson for example.

a lot of americans today want to be victims. they want to be downtrodden and beat down. it gives them an excuse for the way their lives are.

instead of taking personal responsibility for their situation they claim that they are victims and then sit back and let the system take care of them instead of ever learning to care for themselves.

this happens all the time. and then think about the fact that there are organizations like the NAACP that
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
And Con, how dare you say African Americans "want to be victims!?"
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Agh. Listen, not all feminists are women, and not all women are feminists. What y'all don't seem to realize is that equality in the army is a feminist issue. Neither of you, DudeStop and TOlman8r, are attacking feminism.
Posted by Tolman8r 3 years ago
Tolman8r
@DudeStop, check out the Army APFT. Is a total example of scientific sexism I mentioned. If we are to have women in combat, they should be held to the same physical standards as the men.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
If you want equality in pay, then we should have equality everywhere. I really have no issue at all if women want all equal rights. Go for it. But maybe you should also have things like even out the fitness tests. Men, in most if not all fitness tests, have to do more to get the same score. In school for example. Last year I did 49 push ups and got a 94%. A girl from my class and I compared scores. She got 30 push ups, with 100% because she was a girl. Is that fair? Also remember that it is usually on the burden of the man to dk many other things as well.