asue567
NiamC

why ocean life should be kept in aquariums

NiamC

asue567

Pro

because its safer and better
asue567

Pro

asue567 forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

Extending.

Oh, my opponent forfeited the last round...
nobody got time
asue567

Pro

asue567 forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

OK, so I will be taking the stance of “con” in this debate. I would like to declare first that I don’t have anything to rebut here, so I will just proceed with my argument.

Mnnn...Sexy fish Lets be serious, honestly...

1. Adapt or fall
Ocean life should not be kept in aquariums due to the fact that most livestock that is imported from the ocean etc, will not be able to properly be able to adapt to the new conditions and surroundings of the new world (the new world being that of an aquarium).

Keiko the whale
Mnn... sexy fish

This is Keiko the Whale, the worlds most famous whale in the whale; he was the whale who played the whale (I cant remember his name...) in the movie Free Willy. Keiko was born as a wild Icelandic Orca and captured and sold to a conglomerate marine aquarium centre at a young age to be trained to perform like a poor slaved animal at sea world... oh right! he was!

Keiko is a good example of the point that I am trying to make. He was kept in a aquarium enclosure with an approximate length of 100m. Naturally, whales swim 100-1000kms every year due to the fact that whales of this family migrate annually. This is a naturally requirement and to not do so can have greeat (bad) effects.

During that time at the aquarium, Keiko had gained many physical problems, this included being greatly underweight, teeth structure damage, poor bone structure (floppy dorsal fin) and developed ich. He did not die from this, but this had sparked controversial debates on whether him and other whales should be put into natural habitats again.... He died soon after.... Poor Keiko...

http://keiko.com...
http://teacher.scholastic.com...

2. Imported Marine livestock will not have longer lifespans
This is linked to my other argument. All marine livestock will have troubles adapting to new environments ( even if being a captive- breed animal). Most animals in this situation will not be able to adapt and will have trouble doing so. This would induce stress, which then leads to that animals immune-sytem being degraded meaning that the animal will be more susceptible to diseases and natural health problems. Having a lower immune system will also decrease the longevity (lifespan) of that animal. So from what I have said, I will now say that if more animals of that species are dying at a younger age (usually age of being captured) meaning that the general population of that species will decrease. The fact that animal ares captured for reproductive purposes, and that many suffer health wise in captivity, usually leads to problems in breed; this may be due to fertility levels being lowered due to immunity systems being lowered. So if anything, the population of a species will decrease id that species has been in general captivity for too long... beats the whole purpose of putting marine animals in captivity...

3.Moral Problems.... Fincest
You may not know this, one of the biggest factors of motivation for having marinelife in captivity, is that there is a big demand in the market of fish. This market is based on the colours of fish. This can be applied to any species of fish, marine or freshwater.
s://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com...; alt="" /> v Ummn, sexy fish!
Here have a photo a plain guppy. Next to it is a picture a fancy guppy. "fancy guppy" is the correct term for this species.

Many species are bred to achieve certain colours. These animals have been aquired through selective breeding. Think about this... There is a small a finite number of marine species that are bred in captivity. Most of these come from large groups from aquatic centres and are sold in these same groups. These animals will mostly likely interbreed naturally or through selective breeding. This creates a new generation of fish who will probably have a low immune system due to the posibility of having been inbred. This is a proven fact and has caused many fish like this to die very young and suffer from preceding illnesses.

i am almost out of characters, i will post my sources in the next round...

IN the mean time;

asue567

Pro

asue567 forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

Extending
asue567

Pro

asue567 forfeited this round.
NiamC

Con

Vote CON!
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Actually, I like this debate a lot.

I am a avid marine biologist and aquarist. Ima whale
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Ha lol. Ive never forfeited a round ever on DDO
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
prediction:
asue567 ff'd this round

extend

ff'd this round

extend

ff'd
ff'd
ff'd
ff'd
ff'd
ff'd
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
asue567NiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by ldow2000 2 years ago
ldow2000
asue567NiamCTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't even provide one sentence of arguments, while con brought an actual case.