amansingh
John55555

why should one convert to Islam? is Islam trying to say that every religion is wrong

amansingh

Pro

what i don't understand is that why are Muslims trying to convert what are there trying to prove that only Islam is real and every other religion is wrong? Could some one tell me that what does Islam offer which other religions don't offer
John55555

Con

Like all universalizing religions, Islam supports and encourages converts. If one is to follow Islam, by definition, they believe that it is the truth, and therefore more accurate than other religions. While I'm not a Muslim myself, Islam is a religion that teaches morals and encourages its followers to do good works. Just as a Christian believes that Christianity is better than other religions, as one must think to be a Christian, a Muslim believes that Islam is the best and correct religion. This said, just because one person follows a different religion doesn't mean that the aforementioned person must be condemned. When in the right hands, Islam is about accepting others and encouraging them to convert, rather than condemning those who don't.
amansingh

Pro

amansingh forfeited this round.
John55555

Con

John55555 forfeited this round.
amansingh

Pro

amansingh forfeited this round.
John55555

Con

John55555 forfeited this round.
Posted by kingofthewatermelons 1 year ago
kingofthewatermelons
I did not refute the scientific claims because I ran out of character space. Like I said, let's not clutter up the comment section and continue in private message if you want.

I think you're cherry picking my quotes. I was a Muslim for 16 years of my life friend, and I know my Quran as well as you. 2 of the Ayats I mentioned are from Al Taubah. These were revealed 1 year after conquest of Makkah. You asked for one verse, I gave you two.
Posted by Muathasim 1 year ago
Muathasim
All of those quotes are from before Makkah Fatah, during the time when a lot of wars were being fought between the non-believers and the muslims.
In every one of those battles, muslims were outnumbered and outgunned(a figure of speech as there was not guns at the time) and sometimes, even starving due to lack of resources. If they remained unresponsive, it was clear that the muslim community would be wiped out pretty quick. So, these were some of the verses that told the muslims to stop suffering and start acting. In Fact, before these verses, and similar ones, had been revealed, the muslims underwent so much torture that some of the followers of Prophet Muhammad had asked whether they were condemned to suffer like this forever.
But if @kingofthewatermelons can cite even one example from after the wars, I will accept defeat.

And @kingofthewatermelons has not responded to the scientific examples in Qur'an I cited earlier.
kingofthewatermelons
Syrah 2:256 is an early Madnih surah. It was revealed at a time when Muslims were a major minority in Medinah. There were in no condition to fight for their faith. It is in the same surah that Prophet Muhammad commanded that all Muslims must face Jerusalem when they prayed, and not Meccah. All Muslims not pray facing towards Mecca. Why is this?

Abhoration. Later Quranic verses "nullify" previous verses if they are in contradiction. (Qur'an 2:106, 16:101) If you told me you did not enjoy apples, but ten years later you say that you do, which one am I supposed to accept as the absolute truth? The latter.

"And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." 9:5

This Surah came after 2:256

"Fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah" 2:193

This is earlier than 2:256.

"I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah..." (See Bukhari 2:25)

Qur'an (8:39) - "And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do."

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Suras 9 and 5 are the last revelations that Prophet Muhammad handed down

Out of characters. Continue in pm if
Posted by Muathasim 1 year ago
Muathasim
@kingofthewatermelons

It is really unfortunate that you were not able to see the beauty of the great truth, Islam. May God lead you in the right path.
I am sorry for not stating sources of my own but I will do so here.

Here is a verse in Quran that is directly related to the topic of the debate :
"There is no compulsion in the religion; right-mindedness has already been evidently (distinct) from misguidance. So whoever disbelieves in the Taghut (i.e. false gods, idols, devils and seducers) and believes in Allah, then he has already upheld fast the most binding Grip, with no disjunction (ever); and Allah is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing."[2:256]

Here is a verse from the hadith Abu Dawud :
"Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

This is one from Saheeh Muslim :
"Whoever kills a person who has a truce with the Muslims will never smell the fragrance of Paradise." (Saheeh Muslim)

One from Bukhari :
"Whoever hurts a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state hurts me(Prophet Muhammad), and he who hurts me annoys God."(Bukhari)

Here are some that reflect the scientific aspects of Islam :

"Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?"
(The Qur'an, 21:30)

"And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating."
(The Qur'an, 21:33)

"And We made the sky a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away."
(The Qur'an, 21:32)

"Glory be to Him Who created all the pairs: from what the earth produces and from themselves and from things unknown to them."

And there are much more, and I can't cite each and every o
kingofthewatermelons
@Muathasim

I used to be a Muslim but I left the faith a year back. I'm not attacking the religion, but in my search I did not really find that it was "most suited with the established facts of modern science". Neither do I agree with your claim that it promotes peace. You condemn the other guy for not citing sources but you do not cite sources for your claims either.
Posted by Muathasim 1 year ago
Muathasim
Mr hldemi,

Before attacking so offensively at a religion that is unknown to you, please cite at least one example which "reflects the narrow mindedness, ignorance of nature, and bigotry of the era in which it was written".

I assure you that Islam is the religion that is the most suited with the established facts of modern science as well as one that promotes the idea of peace among the people of the world.

So the next time you decide to comment about something you do not know of, please try to cite some example with it.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
"When in the right hands, Islam is about accepting others and encouraging them to convert, rather than condemning those who don't."

In the right hands Islam is just a construct of a delusional species that's about half a chromosome away from being chimpanzee . There is not a single verse in it that doesn't reflect the narrow mindedness, ignorance of nature, and bigotry of the era in which it was written.