TinaSalazar
gt4o2007

why should we give money to countries that have suffered natural disasters

gt4o2007

TinaSalazar

Pro

Sometimes disasters happen close to home but there are also many disasters in faraway countries. In my opinion, we should always do what we can to help countries affected by natural disasters. It makes no difference if the countries are our neighbours or on the other side of the world.

The first point to make is that I consider that my country is lucky because generally we have enough money to survive.
However, not all countries are so lucky. When natural disaster happens in one of these countries, basic human survival becomes impossible. What is more, it is not the people"s fault that they are in this situation.

Another thing to bear in mind is that in countries like ours, people waste too much money. Isn't it better to help people than buy things that we don't need? Although they may be on the other side of the world, that does no make the suffering and need less important. Furthermore, one day we might need help ourselves. If we never help other countries, they won"t help us when we need it.

In conclusion, I think that we should do everything we can to help save human lives in any part of the world. The help we send may save thousands of human lives. I believe that it is a small world. We must help any country even though it is on the other side of the planet.
gt4o2007

Con

Ok. Well where to start from. Well there are a lot of people that waste money in America I am assuming that you are in America or a rich country like it now since someone makes a lot of money and wants to by something fancy/nice does that count as wasting? Or are we talking about governments spending to much money on there military? Either way I don't think it matters I think that when a natural disaster hits you should let it run its course with how donation organizations and aid foundations give help. With the current way people help which is oh I see someone is starving let me send some money actually most of that does not get to the other person and more of it goes to the organization. Now concerning the organizations use of donations they are not helpful at all I will point to two examples with a donation group project in Kenya there was a wasp that was able to spread disease sounds bad right? So the foundation goes and makes the wasp extinct and that animals that fed off that wasp then got fed off by the animals the Kenyans would eat affectively creating hunger by getting rid of a disease. Now on to my second example if all you do is give and give and give some food might get through to the person in need yes, but if you can educate and teach them they will eat and learn how to fend from them selves. Now the reason I am using poverty as an example is because it is a bigger issue then that of a natural disaster that might kill a thousand or even a hundred thousand. Poverty is the real disaster that I think we should not donate to nor should we donate to countries that have suffered a natural disaster because if someone can expect relief all the time then they will not be able to fix something on there own ever.
TinaSalazar

Pro

TinaSalazar forfeited this round.
gt4o2007

Con

Same position as stated earlier.
TinaSalazar

Pro

TinaSalazar forfeited this round.
gt4o2007

Con

Well since he or she conceded vote con. You know you want to because I am officially the most fancy fabulous person in this debate.
Vote Placed by utahjoker 4 years ago
utahjoker
TinaSalazargt4o2007Tied