deathkillerrocks3
Mattyyy

why video games are good for you.

Mattyyy
Started: 12/17/2014 Category: Games

deathkillerrocks3

Pro

my resons why video games are good for you.

1. 1. They reduce cravings. We all have cravings. Ice cream. Alcohol. Crack… Fortunately, UK scientists have found a new way to reduce these cravings through the fun means of playing video games.
  2. 2. They slow the aging process. Don’t want to become a crazy old cat lady in your old age? A study conducted by the University of Iowa found that regularly playing a video game specifically designed by the team stalled the natural decline of cognitive skills by up to seven years for some participants.
  3. 3. Reduce pain. The pharmaceutical companies may blow a fuse when they hear this one, but psychologists at the American Pain Society’s annual meeting reported that chronically ill patients who immerse themselves in the virtual reality of video games report reduced levels of anxiety and pain.
  4. 4. Improves eye sight. In 2009, scientists from the University of Rochester compared the vision of expert action gamers playing shooting titles like Call of Duty compared to less experienced action gamers playing The Sims 2. Those playing the first person shooters found that their ability to distinguish subtle changes in the brightness of an image had improved a skill the researchers relate to tasks like driving at night.
  5. 5. Treats depression. Researchers from New Zealand have created their own video game which is designed to treat depressed teenagers as an alternative to conventional counselling. The acronym SPARX stands for ‘smart, positive, active, realistic and x-factor thoughts’, strategies which have been previously proven to help fight depression. The game itself involves creating an avatar who explores a fantasy world with the aim of removing ‘gloomy, negative automatic thoughts’ in an effort to restore order to the land. Each level incorporates facts about depression and strategies that can be used to help deal with negative thoughts within the game play.
  6. 6. Improves education in kids. In the last few years, one game in particular has dominated the industry in a way never seen before, drawing players into worlds of their own design for literally hours on end. Minecraft has sold millions of copies and its success shows no sign of slowing down, but for those of you who are worried about fans spending hours watching Youtube videos of others playing the game, research has demonstrated that the educational benefits of Minecraft are almost limitless in scope.
Mattyyy

Con

We musn't be devoted TOO MUCH to scientific studies. Like when a researcher says that night owls have higher IQs, every night owl has a high IQ. No right?

On an angle, it pretty much depends on the person. Because you know, we have different way of thinking and these Pros won't imply on each person.

Only a gamer would start this kind of thread. This is one con of being a gamer. You persuade people to believe that that they need gaming and gaming is good.
deathkillerrocks3

Pro

we watched a movie in health to day it shows that people do become more social.
Mattyyy

Con

There was a Facebook Page who posted about a gamer who killed his parents. I saw one comment saying: "True Gamer, I salute you." And I was like What the H*ll. Do you even respect your parents?"

I know it might or might not be a joke. Either way, you can see the streak of hatred of the commenter to his parents. And he is obviously a gamer. (Only a gamer would say that). One reason why it was obvious was the way he responds to people in the comments. The people were contradicting him. And he was like "Welcome to the internet b*tch." And I'm like "H*ll no this isn't the internet, you are making your own world, f*g."
Now explain how gaming is good here.

One more story: About the Psycho Dad destroying his son's video games. Well, I wouldn't believe that was true. It was pretty much for a show. I mean, too Overacting. BUT, Another commenter said: "Kick his dad's *ss though he paid for those video games blah blah blah." It's too nonsensical to read. But same goes my reaction. I would be happy if you could explain this.

Addiction is one of the most severe con of being a gamer. But as I said it, it won't imply to everyone. It's really depending on people if they want it to be their distraction or plain entertainment.

Let me give you a little example. A man had his PS4 technically broken, then he raged broke everythings in their house.
OR
A gamer who had his console hidden and has raised his voice against his mom and hasn't eaten for several weeks.

Let me say it again. It depends on the brain thinking of the beholder. Let's be neutral.
deathkillerrocks3

Pro

that just depends on the person. some people become more social.
Mattyyy

Con

You said it yourself. Yay!!! You admitted it yourself that it depends upon the person contradicting your stand why video games have benefits. Wohoo!!!
deathkillerrocks3

Pro

i didn't admit to anything. i just copied what you said but most people have a reaction ot one of the things in the list i posted first.
Mattyyy

Con

Watch your words. The one you have just "copied" was to contradict your stand. Oh, what was your stand again? Video games are good for you. Now that you have admitted that it depends upon the people it now contrast badly. Why? Video games are not good and saying that it depends upon the people means that it is not good to all people. In fact, the right words to use where "gaming has benefits." And maybe no one would've stood up to conquer you. You have misused words. Gaming is not good. Good is the definition of the results when these benefits implies to a person. Let me teach you some lesson, 1 gaming is not good 2 good is the definition if the benefits have impinged to an individual 3 misuse of words is misleading and may construct an invalid argumentative reason and 4 try not to geneneralize people. As what I've said, people have different ways of thinking. If we had one way of thinking and then the benefits of gaming would imply to us and using the terms "Gaming is good" would be acceptable. I'm not really here to say gaming is bad but I truly object your agenda. Once again, gaming is not good.
deathkillerrocks3

Pro

video games are the starting blocks of entertainment
Mattyyy

Con

Thank you :)
Posted by yraja20 1 year ago
yraja20
Video games are good for you because they teach skills like: strategy, problem-solving, logic, and many more.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
deathkillerrocks3MattyyyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both had adequate conduct. S&G - Con. Aside from Pro's first round, which was plagiarized, he never capitalized at the start of sentences. I saw no such issues from Con. Arguments - Con. Not only did Pro plagerize his entire first round from multiple sources (as evidence by simply copying his argument into a google search) Con was able to show how his claims were subjective at best. Pro conceded to that fact in R4. For these reasons, Con wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.