kai11
lannan13

why was the universe created (if you want to participate just leave a comment

lannan13

kai11

Pro

1st round is acceptance
this debate will be over why the universe exists in the first place. the person to come up with the most logical theory wins the debate
lannan13

Con

I accept and look forward to a great debate.
kai11

Pro

I would like to start this debate by thanking my opponent for accepting this challenge. I know this is usually the type of debate that turns people away so again i would like to thank Lannan13 for accepting.

So to begin my theory is that human kind was created to dominate the earth.

the evidence i have for this is the fact that humans are able to invent to better the world. if humans were not created to dominate the earth and be the caretakers then why would we not be like dogs, or cats, or even rabbits. Scientists say that the animal that is the most closely related to the human is the ape yet we see apes in zoos ecause we humans were able to evolve into something better and more creative with the mental capacity to invent. the true power that makes humans better than animals is that humans can invent things to make our world even better. with the invention of the telephone we were able to communicate better.

My second piece of evidence is that communication is key. sure animals are able to communicate but are they able to turn the things they communicate about into a reality. if their communication is the sharing of ideas then why arent they able to fulfill those ideas. because they do not 1. have the communication ability to build it and 2. their brains are not even anywhere close to what the human brain capacity is. so with that i open the floor to lannan13
lannan13

Con

My theory is that the Universe doesn't exist.
Now under this theory I have two sub theories: One is that we're just a simulation and the second is that we exist only in our own minds.
Subpoint 1: We're just a Simsulation (pun intended)

You see the Sims: Earth game creators created the Game and the Big Bang was initiated by God when he began to download the game to his PC. This game (Sims: Earth) is much to that of Empire.goodgamestudios.com where the game system in in real time. It's also much like Civilization Revoloution where buildings can be built, wars are rage, and your nation increases culture. These games encompass Sims: Earth as they are subparts to help describe what it is like here by Playing Sims: Earth. Scientists argue that the universe will end in the case of the Big Crunch which is where the universe will shrink back into one point to prime perhaps for another Big Bang. This is similar to someone resetting the game which means that God will one day press the reset button and we will eventually return to the current state. We do not know how many times God has played this game, but we do know one thing for sure. God is a computer nerd playing Sims: Earth.

We think that our actions and feelings are real, but that's because we don't know that we're being controlled. Just like the government's MK-ULTRA program, but that Disney conspiracy is for another time. You see we are being controlled so we have these "Feelings" but they're not real. For example, in the Matrix they expierence things and taste things in the Matrix, but it's all fake and nothing is real reguardless how much they believe it to be true. The Sims also have emotions too as I will direct you to the photo of their emotions bellow.

Philosopher Nick Bostrom, has come up with a theory that our reality is a similutation that one of the following statements must be true:

1. Human civilization is unlikely to reach a level of technological maturity capable of producing simulated realities, or such simulations are physically impossible to construct.

2. A comparable civilization reaching aforementioned technological status will likely not produce a significant number of simulated realities (one that might push the probable existence of digital entities beyond the probable number of "real" entities in a Universe) for any of a number of reasons, such as, diversion of computational processing power for other tasks, ethical considerations of holding entities captive in simulated realities, etc.

3. Any entities with our general set of experiences are almost certainly living in a simulation. (http://www.simulation-argument.com...)

He continues his arguments by stating that we wouldn't know we were, because of the flaws in our simulated memories and that the envirnment is imperfect which we can all agree that there is several problems in the world.

Dreams and other things that show that this isn't reality.

A 4th Century Chinese Philosopher Zhuangzi, invented the idea of Butterfly Dream which he had a dream which he was a butterfly and not himself and he didn't know that he had once been man nor did he know that it was a dream. In 2003, Chalmers shown the theory extended by stating that the unvierse couldn't exist as he could be currently be sleeping or that he has always been sleeping and this so called universe is just a product of his imagination. (http://consc.net...) Descartes had also concluded that he wouldn't know at any moment if he was awake or if he was asleep and that his perception was false. Morevac has argued this as well stating that a demon is responsable for the illusions that we see and that "this" doesn't actually exist. (http://www.frc.ri.cmu.edu...)

kai11

Pro

kai11 forfeited this round.
lannan13

Con

My opponent didn't say anything about rebuttles as it was more of a contest of who's makes more sense and such so I'll just extend all points and have this move into the voting peroid.

Thank you and please vote Con!

PS: Merry Christmas!
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
*may*
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
just to clarify this is either about who has the better theory or who can persuade that their theory is better not allowed to bring up religious things do to biases that be in place
Posted by imnotacop 2 years ago
imnotacop
Than I don't think there is a purpose to us. I think we simply exist, and, over time, our actions will become more and more meaningless.
Eventually, even things as drastic as the holocaust will hold no meaning on humanity.
Most species last around 100,000 years, then go extinct. We've been around that long, and have faced potential extinction already, so it's easy to believe we are nearing our extinction.
In the end, I mean nothing, you mean nothing, and even the most prominent people in histor mean absolutely nothing.
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
iannan13 if you would like to accept i dont care what your theory is
Posted by no3ruben 2 years ago
no3ruben
Everything that was/is created is created for a single reason, and that is to bring Glory to God.. And just to be clear, when i say " created", i mean to what God created, everything that's good and perfect..( to be more clear and to answer to ppl that will jump with the wrong conclusion, theres a huge diff between what God created, and what sin created, or the result of sin..)..
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
What if you have a theory, but it' s sorta out there? I would love to accept, but my theory isn't necissarially what one would assume to be logical either.
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
because I created a universe in my mind
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
i mean what is our purpose as human beings
Posted by imnotacop 2 years ago
imnotacop
I don't think there was ever a reason. When you say created do you mean literally created as in creationism, or do you mean our existence in general?
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
im sorry i made a mistake in my wording it was supposed to be why man was created and we could use the theory that man was created to dominate
Vote Placed by DarthVitiosus 2 years ago
DarthVitiosus
kai11lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by Oliark 2 years ago
Oliark
kai11lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Funny debate to read