TrevorLawrence101
Jesenia07

wild horse "problem"

TrevorLawrence101

Con

Wild horses have always been part of the American culture. although they are wonderful to see in the wild are represent the west, they are a SEROIS PROBLEM. these are the reasons

1. NONNATIVE
2. unlike elk, deer, cattle, wild horses tear up the grass, not clip it like elk or cattle. this creates lack of food for them
3. scare elk, deer, pronghorn from their watering holes and feed

I'm not saying to get rid of ALL the wild horses. I say keep clouds band of horses (watch on pubs) and a additional 3,000 on the range. but we still have too many. I welcome my opponent to try his/her best to counter my argument. THANK U!!!!!! :=)
Jesenia07

Pro

One of your main reasons that horses are a big problem is because they are not native here. Yet we are not native here either. In fact, unless you are Native American, they are more native than you. Please provide examples of why they are such pests other than they tear up the grass. Also, please check your spelling. Thank you.
TrevorLawrence101

Con

yes, i do have to check my spelling LOL. and i meant PBS cloud show. anyway lets get back to our debate,

native americans are native. they crossed Beringia along with wooly mammoths and caribou. everybody else is technically invasive, but we obviously cant get rid of everybody in north america. They are pests because of their non-nativeness, and because they actually tear the roots of the grass unlike the elk, cattle, and deer. Their is just too many wild horses roaming the forest service and BLm land. i hope u agree with me. Their are currently 31,00 wild mustangs roaming the range. the number should be decreased to 4,000. You also said that if im not native american than they are more native than me. They were dumped here by spanish explorers. So me and them are both equal. thank you.
Jesenia07

Pro

Jesenia07 forfeited this round.