Jessemargarita3073
draxxt

william shakespere is he stll around.????

Con Tied Pro
Started: 5/2/2008 Category: Arts

Jessemargarita3073

Con

why is he still being read and acted out he has been dead for a number of years i mean if he is dead why are we still talkin about him
???????????????
draxxt

Pro

I know this is your first debate and I am honoured to take your debate virginity but, and I must have said this a thousand times over... A debate resolution is a statement, not a question. In this case, "William Shakespeare is still around."

Now that that is out of the way, let us continue:

"why is he still being read and acted out he has been dead for a number of years i mean if he is dead why are we still talkin about him
???????????????"

Culture. If one wants to be entertained in a sophisticated manner, then one turns away from the plebeian entertainment today. Tila Tequila, for example, is a modern-day entertainer. She entertains us while bringing about the belief that we can all be spoiled bisexual whores if we just work at it.

Also, Shakespeare was a genius in his works, though that is (ironically) debatable.

My opponent is obviously studying Romeo and Juliet in his ninth grade class and wishes to vent on the inequities of his studies. While I applaud the rebellion against the totalitarian school system, I must frown upon your non- cultural diffusion-like technique. Embrace these works and understand them better.

Now, the resolution states "William Shakespeare is still around." I can prove that he is.

1) His works are still being read, therefore the name of William Shakespeare is still being said, giving it relevance in modern society, leading to his prescence.

2) William Shakespeare has a myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com...

This may be a fansite but obviously, someone has taken on the alias of "William Shakespeare" leading one to believe that he is indeed around, even if only in alias.
(IE, if my name were Bob but my alias was Happy, Happy would be around and therefore, would exist.)

For the above reasons and refutations, there is no alternative more logical than to vote PRO.

Thanks,
EG
Jessemargarita3073

Con

um first eww!!! that was kinda stupid to say that you were taking my virginity wow! um so what if he has a my space i am not here to talk about him having a my space how is that relevent to this case? idc that he has a my spave i geuss that someone had a little too much time on there hands! and second i don't know if you know this but his "plays" if you can call them worth the time that it took them to be acted out. thats outrageous that you disagre with me on the fact that he is a old dead decreped and probly stupid maniacal old man!
draxxt

Pro

Thank you for refuting and completely annhialating every last one of my points.

Listen, in case you didn't know that was sarcasm. You started this debate in the hopes that someone would pose a worthy debate, yes? So, is it not your duty to do the same? My opponent has shown no refutations WHATSOEVER therefore, you vote PRO.

Thanks,
-EG
Jessemargarita3073

Con

you arrogent little bratt!!!!! i have read all of your shyz and it is worth less i hope you learn that when you grow up to respect your elders!!!!!!! i am older than your 14 year old braty, pervy, ignorant but~!!!!!!!!!!!! so if i was you i would respect me i am trying to be the best debater i can and for that matter explain to me how you are a better debater than me you 14 yerar old brat!!! its time you respect son... grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
draxxt

Pro

It's too bad the best debator you can be is about as good as the many dogs you continue to post as your picture.

Listen, I understand it sucks to be beaten by someone... Wait, ELDER? You are one year older than I am. I simply produced a better case and given that you kind of HAVE to break down my arguments (If you can) in order to win, you lose by default.

Sad, I wanted to move you from the intelligence of a Chihuahua to a chimp.

Have fun, vote PRO.

Thanks a bunch,
-EG
Posted by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
Brie - yes.
You are ignorant (because we're all ignorant),
and you should respect your elders (just as the rest of us should).

Pluto - try watching the movie "Shakespeare in Love". It encompasses Romeo and Juliet, and is very easy to understand. Typically brilliant work by Tom Stoppard.
Posted by brie 9 years ago
brie
im twelve....does that make me an ignorant brat who needs respect for my elders as well?
Posted by draxxt 9 years ago
draxxt
At the moment, I've gotten over the gall of the debator himself and am now focused on what narrow-minded simpleton voted for him.

I realise I am sounding a tad ingrateful for the easy win I'm just curious.

Also, debating virginity in this case is in no way sexual. It is a term I use for taking the first time for something. You inferred it as sexual and that was your own fault.
Posted by Cooperman88 9 years ago
Cooperman88
Oh, and his profile says he is a fifteen year old. Try lying when you can't be proven wrong. So you may not be 14...you're 15 dude. you don't know much. i'm 19 and don't know much. you're in for the time of your life if you think you are right about everything. you are a crappy debater. you didn't answer any single one of his arguments. you attacked his person. and you couldn't spell correctly. what redeeming quality did you present in this debate? if you want to be taken seriously, then i would recommend treating others with dignity and respect. you will soon find that the world is a much nicer place when you are much nicer to the world.
Posted by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
By the way, Shakespeare is one of the greatest playwrights and poets in the world. He created many new styles of writing that are still being used today. He did this in a time in which writing like his wasn't occurring on the large scale. This also made him different. His work concerns the struggles of people, the tragedies, the comedies, the histories...this is why his work is so profound and so heavily read even now. The reason you read Shakespeare in school is because his plays and poems transcend time. They are timeless because they are about people.

In addition, he literally CREATED thousands of words we include in our dictionaries today. Some of these include: "arch-villain," "bedazzle," "cheap" (as in vulgar or flimsy), "dauntless," "embrace" (as a noun), "fashionable," "go-between," "inauspicious," "lustrous," "outbreak," "pander," "sanctimonious," "time-honored," "unearthly," "vulnerable," and "well-bred" and many many others.
Posted by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
CON needs to learn how to debate properly. This is nowhere near how a proper debate should be structured. Also, the fact that someone younger (PRO) is debating you doesn't mean you can pretend you are an 'elder'. This debate (and any others) are based on the merit of the case you present, not how old you are. The useless drivel and grade school 'name-calling' of CON definitely undermined anything that COULD have been said on the CON side of things.

With regards to Shakespeare, his plays are classic literature and if you don't understand them, then that is sad for you.
Posted by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
I am reading Romeo and Juliet in class right now, and I must agree with CON (although I voted PRO). I don't understand a lot of it, the humor in it isn't funny, and the overall story-line doesn't really inspire any emotion until the end.
Vote Placed by draxxt 8 years ago
draxxt
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by Ineffablesquirrel 9 years ago
Ineffablesquirrel
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by bablybabe 9 years ago
bablybabe
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by BeDazed 9 years ago
BeDazed
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by brie 9 years ago
brie
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by meganlg43 9 years ago
meganlg43
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by ecstatica 9 years ago
ecstatica
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by apathy77 9 years ago
apathy77
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by Bridge 9 years ago
Bridge
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied
Vote Placed by Theomega 9 years ago
Theomega
Jessemargarita3073draxxtTied