Sehaj
Antman036

women and men should have equal rights

Sehaj

Con

i do not think,women and men should have equal rights....searching for a good opponent to oppose my pt..
Antman036

Pro

I'm ready to debate that men and women should have equal rights. I will let my opponent give his points and I will respond.

I wish my opponent best of luck
Sehaj

Con

Thank you very much for showing your concern towards me.
All the best!!

I do not think that women and men should be kept on equal dominion status,rather i think that women should be superior to men.I would quote'behind every successful man is the women',so why are they not given that appreciation?
If we would talk about equal rights ,it would be injustice done with women....because since ages they were deprived of these rights and now it is the time that they should come up and show their talents.It was man who ruled for ages,now let woman rule...we all know that woman can rule better than man..because statistics have proved that they are mentally strong as compared to man...
And if you talk about equal rights...they are actually given equal rights even now,in multinational companies 50%seats are for man and 50% for woman....but then also we can see,that woman are not given that opportunity from their families......
If the mindset of people have not changed by giving equal rights but it can be changed by giving more rights.....
Antman036

Pro

I understand that women have been oppressed in the past and is a reoccurring thing that comes up throughout human history, but men should not be suppressed. Your reason that women should be above men is because you claim that "now it is the time that they should come up and show their talents." However, the majority of the people know that women are just as capable as men and they can show what they can do in a society of equal rights. Having a society run by women and where men are suppressed is no better than having a society run by men and where the women are suppressed. This is especially true when one sex has to make a decision for the other without that other sex's "voice."
This claim is like if I (as an African American) claim that white people should be put into slavery because black people were a long time ago. It makes no sense."
Sehaj

Con

yes, i can understand your point....but here i am not saying that we are suppressing men or taking their rights away....we are just encouraging women................
as you are for the statement ,then you are actually claiming about the equal rights,but would that be equal that women would not be given justice...Women would be justified only when they are considered to be superior.....
in our Indian constitution woman are given equal rights....which is not practiced,so we can say that upon mindset of people everything rely
Antman036

Pro

Unfortunately, your argument does not make much sense. To give women superior rights is not the correct way to give them justice for all the misfortunes that have fallen on them. All that would do is cause injustice for the men and if we continue your strategy, men would become superior and an endless line of injustice would continue. Giving women the same exact opportunities as men is the greatest justice that society can offer for the benefit of both men and women of today and future generations.
Sehaj

Con

Sehaj forfeited this round.
Antman036

Pro

I'll wait for my opponent
Sehaj

Con

sry... i was quite busy so i could not pay attention on debate....

i would like to reply to my opponent.According to u ,To give women superior rights is not the correct way to give them justice for all the misfortunes that have fallen on them. then could you please specify the ways,so that they would get justice, because giving them equal rights is doing injustice with women. Now , I would like to pick up your point,we are not suppressing man of their rights, rather we are encouraging woman to come up. Statistics, have proved that women are mentally strong and if they are given opportunities then i can definitely tell that they will come up with the flying colors.
What i have concluded is that we have given women equal rights. Now also women have equal rights as that of men, but it was 2012 only when damini case was happened. So by giving equal or superior rights it does not matters because nothing will happen till people have good mindset....
nothing is going to happen till we apply this conversation practically in our life .....
THANK YOU
Antman036

Pro

Antman036 forfeited this round.
Posted by sparks 3 years ago
sparks
*eradicate will switch auto-correct off.
Posted by sparks 3 years ago
sparks
Ah OK Sehaj is an Indian lady and I am not certain she has the best grasp of English. I don't think she means that women should be treated as superior or have superior rights to men but there should be a change of culture to irradiate the mindset of anti women views, I guess and I hope what she means by this is a focus on women's issues I guess in particular India but many of the countries where these views are widespread and rampant. If I'm right, its a shame she couldn't express her views in this way that would of been a very interesting debate.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
Everyone should be treated equally. Treating women as superior to men is just as asinine as treating men as superior to women. Social inequality only gives people a grudge to hold against society, and ultimately it undermines law and order (and peace).
Posted by sparks 3 years ago
sparks
The most convoluted ridiculous argument I've ever had the misfortune to read. How on earth would considering women as superior ever address any real or perceived indifference. Encouraging women is one thing but treating them as superior is another. Are you sure you don't mean affirmative action or positive discrimination for women. It would also help your argument to stop being so vague about these discriminations and actually identify them, so Antman036 can refute something of substance instead of letting you dig a hole for yourself and doing their work for them.
Posted by MigMau 3 years ago
MigMau
Its evil to think men are superior to women or women are superior to men. Yes, women had troubles to get their indepedence in the past and that many men needed women to get where they got. But not all. I don't think I should be treated worse or better for my gender. And I think is shameful to think that. Brave women fought hard to get you and yours a better life and turn into amazons just because you can. With all respect, SHAME ON YOU!
Posted by DrunkRooster24 3 years ago
DrunkRooster24
Woman and Men are equal... Gays and straits are equal.... We are equal