rshortman
Darth_Grievous_42

Women are more sexually driven than men

Con Tied Pro

rshortman

Con

I'm sorry that dumbsh*t decided to ruin your last debate. I emphathize.
You asked for a female to debate you on this topic so here I am. Women are more sexually driven than men. I'm going to argue 'con' or against such a statement. I begin with some of my reasons:

Each and every animal in the animal kingdom is subject to adaptive evolution to ensure the survival of it's species. Human evolution is particularly interesting where it has diverged from other mammals and even other primates.

From the very beginning, human females have always had a cyclical libido. In light of this, it would make sense from a biological standpoint for males to develop the ingrained 'Copulative Imperative' or Male Biological Urge to Spread His Seed. The goal? To copulate with and impregnate as many females as possible within his lifetime to ensure that his genes are carried on through the next generations. This proved beneficial to both parties in the beginning because A: he was able to ensure his own success at producing offspring and B: his high libido would create a constant state of 'readiness' whenever her cycle came at the right moment to produce the right hormones and PH Balance that are conducive to conception and childbirth.

And that is when things get very interesting...

Unlike any other primate on God's green planet, the human female did something very unique. It HID itself. Chimps, Gorillas and Monkies all share a similar 'visual' period of ovulation in which the female exhibits certain behaviors and her buttocks and/or vagina swell and turn bright red to indicate when she is heat. Human females evolved so that not only could the males around her cannot tell if she's in heat but even if the female herself doesn't know when she's in heat. Human ovulation is a complete mystery and only today's powerful microscopes are able to tell for sure.

"So what's the big deal?" you might ask. Well, this little fact changed everything about human sexuality and behavior. First, her libido had also decreased to reflect her subtle ovulation. If a male wasn't able to tell if a woman was ovulating, then he couldn't be sure that his copulation with her would successfully produce offspring. This breakthrough in female human evolution had evolved specifically to manipulate the male into sticking around for longer periods of time to ensure that A: she would produce offspring and B: that the offspring actually belonged to him and he wasn't cuckholded by another male.

She evolved this hidden ovulation mechanism for a good purpose. Offspring have a better chance of survival when cared for by two parents. She and her baby were far better off with the male's hunting skills, protection and shelter. She could accomplish this and so much more not by increasing her libido, but by decreasing it to ensure that the male would stick with her even longer.

I have so much more! But I need to let you go first..
Darth_Grievous_42

Pro

So your stance is that a woman's sexual desire via chemical make up causes them to have less of an urge than a male? After carefully reading your statement, it would seem that this would actually mean that women still have more of a sexual desire than men. This evolution of the libido would mean that she would
need to have sex continually in order to ensure she had babies. If her physical signs decreased to show she was in heat, how would she have b able to let males know she needed sex? She would change her life style, make herself more attractive. She would present herself in a more flirtatious way. She would manipulate herself in order to cause males to find her more desirable, since there would be no obvious signs. Which brings me back to my first points that I had in my original argument, in regards to the professions women choose to participate in and their looks.

From my previous debate:
[Jobs: there are more sex driven jobs for women than men. Pornography, prostitution, stripping, modeling, and possibly more that I am missing. Now you say "but those jobs were created by men for men", while there is historical evidence to show this, it has continued to the modern age, and is no longer forced sex slavery (though that is unfortunately still around) rather women willingly partake in these professions. This means that they only survive because of the consent of WOMEN not men. Using their bodies in an erotic way, encouraging sensual feelings.

Looks: women, staggeringly more so than men, care about their appearance. In the animal kingdom, the gender that wants to encourage intercourse has a flashier, extravagant appearance, while the gender that is made to be sexed on is plainer. We see this in many aviary species (an easy example is peacocks), snakes, and some mammals, such as lions. True, within these species, the pretty ones are the males, still the principal applies. Women go out of their way to improve upon their appearance, by way of makeup, fashion, hairdo's, jewellery, etc with rare exceptions. Men, however, go out as they are from when they woke up for the most part. Yes, men groom, but not nearly to the extent women do. Fashion is a large factor in this. As anyone who has not lived in a cave can see, women fashion has begun to highlight the female persona more now than in the past, specifically on the breasts and hip area. This would not matter if women willingly chose to not wear these promiscuous garments. But they do, and it is becoming more widely accepted.]

In both these cases, it is the females who are attempting to stir sexual feelings. They want it more than men, they just make men think they do. They want babies, and as you said, have no way to natural indicate that the time is right. Thus, they would need to have sex continually in order to assure they could ad would reproduce. You can't have an effect without a cause, and it seems women are just that cause. Therefore, they are the more sexually driven, and men are just poor suckers.

On a personal note: Alaska. How cool is that?
rshortman

Con

rshortman forfeited this round.
Darth_Grievous_42

Pro

It is unfortunate that you were not able to come up with a rebuttal within the allotted time 3 day time frame. I had very much looked forward to a response. In fairness, all my previous arguments stand as they are. Darth_Grievous_42 out.
Posted by HoosierPapi 6 years ago
HoosierPapi
observing Ms. Shortman, despite the fact that I find her politics backwards and laughable, her lack of formal education (some college) an explanation of said conservatism, and her religious ideology laughable, I do agree that women have healthy sexual drives. And looking at Ms. Shortman, despite the aforementioned shortcomings (no pun) my own sexual drive is in full gear.

Huzzah! Huzzah to sexual drive!
Posted by rshortman 6 years ago
rshortman
Interesting that more of you voted for him. His argument stated that because women spend more time and energy on appearance, then basically we are asking for sex. Nevermind the fact that women have found it quite easy in civilized culture to exchange sex for power, food and creature comforts. Quite simply, prostitution and exhibition put food on the table. Sex for women has never really been about sex at all, but more about survival.

That said, I believe the nature of the debate is about libido, of which men have far more in spades. Men are in fact, more sexually driven which is exactly why women have evolved to manipulate the male sexual drive for more practical purposes.
Posted by rock022 6 years ago
rock022
Although I am new to the website.............. I have to say, that the reason woman end up whith the whrong guy, is because they fall for the physical looks vs the mentally challenge ideas. what I am trying to say is.. for woman..... If they look good, they are strong. I they do not......"geek allert" whooops!
Posted by Tatarize 6 years ago
Tatarize
Frankly, I saw a comic that would have won this debate for con.

Woman: Women are as sexually inclined as men.
Man: Want to go into the bathroom and have sex.
Woman: Ew.
Man: I think I proved my point.
Posted by Kleptin 6 years ago
Kleptin
Too bad. Though I greatly disagree with Pro's points, they were presented in a more organized manner. On top of that, Con forewent her second round making this a total win for Pro.

This could have been a good one.
Vote Placed by johnnyrockit 6 years ago
johnnyrockit
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by RequireTruth 6 years ago
RequireTruth
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by skiies23 6 years ago
skiies23
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by the-mad-ones 6 years ago
the-mad-ones
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by HoosierPapi 6 years ago
HoosierPapi
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by brittwaller 6 years ago
brittwaller
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by Bnesiba 6 years ago
Bnesiba
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 6 years ago
Derek.Gunn
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by massvideogamer 6 years ago
massvideogamer
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied
Vote Placed by rock022 6 years ago
rock022
rshortmanDarth_Grievous_42Tied