jonnyboy39
AlecGreen

women in church

AlecGreen has forfeited round #2.

jonnyboy39

Con

Paul tells Timothy "let no woman teach any man".
For me that is set in stone, the bible clearly teaches this.
If you oppose this, then answer my question:can we interpret any scripture in the bible to mean something else, becauce we dont like it?
AlecGreen

Pro

I understand where you are coming from, firstly I'm going say women should be let into church in any role. Now your question of interpreting any scripture in the bible to mean something else, because we don't like it. Well my answer is yes but not because of whether we like it or not, anyone can interpret the scripture in anyway they want. The scripture is clear no matter how wrong it may be. But why do you interpret the scripture the way you do, is it cause you believe it or the bible says it.
jonnyboy39

Con

You understand where i'm coming from, thanks, so do I.
My argument is that woman should not teach, women are part of christs body, absolutely, women should prophesy, pray, etc.
Women are the emotional creatures, men are more of a thinking animal, the woman was decieved not man, this is a massive issue.
Eve saw the apple was pleasing to the eye, it was good.
Women pick up more "vibes" are more in touch with their feelings,to womans credit, but this can open women to subtle deception.
Posted by jonnyboy39 8 months ago
jonnyboy39
No its Paul telling Timothy.
Posted by Thiest_1998 9 months ago
Thiest_1998
It's Timothy telling Paul not God telling us.