DebateChampion1
dsjpk5

women make better politicians than men

dsjpk5

DebateChampion1

Pro

Woman have the feeling of motherhood & love towards the country. this feeling always gives them support in handling politics.
Yes, it's true that as compared to men, less women are interested in politics. Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Sarojini Naidu, Pratibha Patil, Mayawati are all effective examples of women politician. Indira Gandhi held the country for 16 years which is not a less tenure. It means that women have the capacity to hold the country more nicely than man. So they are better leader and makes better politicians than men. First, as leading psychologists William James, William McDougall, and G. Stanley Hall claimed (1), "women have a special need and ability to protect and care for others". It means female worry and care about people, moreover, they are more responsible than men. So women-politicians can make decision that beneficial for others, help children and old people, also do things to improve the country.

Secondly, according to Debra Burrell, a psychological social worker and regional training director of the Mars-Venus Institute in New York, most women of women managers tend to have more of a desire to build than a desire to win and also women are more willing to explore compromise and seek other people's opinions. (2) Women able to listen others and create world with out war, that means they can make better politicians and do things for sake of people.

Third, as Carol Smith, the senior vice president and chief brand officer for the Elle Group, illustrates, female managers are more collaborative and democratic than male managers. Also, she claimed that women use a more positive approach by encouraging and urging others rather than a negative approach of scolding and reprimanding them. Also, women attend more to the individuals they work with, by mentoring them and taking their particular situations into account. (3)

Moreover, the Daily Beast reports on a new study that shows female politicians are among the most productive and persuasive ones in the country. This research in the American Journal of Political Science is the first to compare the performance of male and female politicians. It shows women do a better job at securing pork for their home districts and shaping policy.(4)

As an example, there are powerful women leaders all over the world serving effectively in their respective fields and most of them are politicians. Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor is the best example. She heads Europe's most vibrant economy and is widely viewed as the de facto leader of the EU. She reigns supreme as the pre-eminent leader of the European Union. Her hold over the economic future of the eurozone (current GDP $17.9 trillion) was made crystal clear this year. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, fourth in line to the succession of the U.S. Presidency. As the world ambassador of the largest single economy on earth, Clinton has advanced U.S. interests and policies overseas while pushing women"s issues, development and education to the top of the foreign policy agenda. (5) These evidences prove that women make better politicians than men.
dsjpk5

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM
My opponent has plagiarized his/her first round argument from a number of websites. A couple examples are:

http://www.createdebate.com...

http://www.awdalstateofsomalia.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on this debate.
DebateChampion1

Pro

i accept that i copied BUT i did not copy from the second one like not at all i only copied whit the 1st one not 2nd one and sorry i copied but from now i will write on my own
btw are you a boy?
dsjpk5

Con

I appreciate my opponent admitting to half of his/her plagiarism, but I take issue with the denial of plagiarizing from the second site. This is easy for the voters to figure out. They simply have to Google the following text: " It means female worry and care about people, moreover, they are more responsible than men. So women-politicians can make decision that beneficial for others, "

Clearly my opponent copied it from somewhere.
DebateChampion1

Pro

i admit but why are you not arguing like stop this like i admitted that i copied so why don't you start the debate
dsjpk5

Con

This has been a very unusual debate. As Con, I would normally have to refute my opponent's arguments, but since Pro never offered his/her own arguments, I have nothing to rebut.

BURDEN OF PROOF

Keeping in mind my opponent was the instigator, and is making the positive claim, he/she had the full burden of proof. Considering how Pro has made no original arguments, I've already won this debate. I really don't have to provide a negative case.

But how fun would that be?

NEGATIVE CASE

Women don't know as much about politics as men do. An international study of 10,000 participants found women know 30% less about politics than men. [1] If men know more about politics than women, then obviously they make better politicians.

SUMMARY OF DEBATE

1. Conduct:

My opponent plagiarized, so I should be awarded this point.

2. S and G:

Tie.

3. Arguments

I'm the only one who made an argument of my own, so mine is better by default.

4. Sources

I'm the only one who claims to have sources, so mine is more reliable.

I deserve a six point vote.

1.
http://www.theguardian.com...
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Nice Plagiarism, hope you lose by as big a margin as possible.
Posted by Harry_Robbs 2 years ago
Harry_Robbs
Based on the blatant over-use of the word "like" by the Pro/Instigator, I refuse to take her seriously. It is hard to read her comments without thinking that she is like a total like ditz... Hahaha
Posted by MarcC 2 years ago
MarcC
For what it's worth I believe that men do make better politicians than women, purely because there are more examples of successful male politicians. That being said, we live in a patriarchal world, so men are clearly going to have had more opportunity to excel in politics. Furthermore, this debate is somewhat unfair as it should take into account which gender has been more successful across space and time. Therefore, it is impossible to come to a truly informed decision as women are not allowed to hold office in many countries and in the countries that they can hold office they have not been able to long enough to draw any kind of statistically reliable correlation.

Finally I would urge people to vote for pro person (even though I disagree with her) because while she did plagiarize, she admitted it and her opponent has chosen to try to win by default instead of putting forward and serious evidence to back up his opinion.
Posted by bballcrook21 2 years ago
bballcrook21
Dsjpk5, I do not know how you did this debate. I do not have the patience to debate an idiot like this person. Overall, you will win because this person plagiarized.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Ancient Chinese secret.
Posted by DebateChampion1 2 years ago
DebateChampion1
and btw how did you get to know that i copied and this means you were also surfing sites to copy
Posted by DebateChampion1 2 years ago
DebateChampion1
i am :-/
Vote Placed by Forever23 1 year ago
Forever23
DebateChampion1dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism by pro will not be tolerated
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 2 years ago
Unbelievable.Time
DebateChampion1dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
DebateChampion1dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism by Pro [who admitted it.]
Vote Placed by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
DebateChampion1dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism will not be tolerated
Vote Placed by bballcrook21 2 years ago
bballcrook21
DebateChampion1dsjpk5Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism.