Judah
sammer_the_hammer

words are the key to everything.

Judah

Pro

so many people debate things that will not have a conclusion. the debaters will always believe exactly what they believe. i would like to challenge anyone to debate with me about the power of written words in our life. it is not about GOD or the devil, it is about the words that you decide to use and serve.

whatever you want in this life is already here for your benefit. the beginning is the word, always the word is first.
sammer_the_hammer

Con

Before words can have power over us, we have to be able to conceptualize them. this means our own thoughts and emotions have a greater power over us than any written words ever could. Words are just a symbolic projection of an internal state of mind. I don't agree with certain things because I already have inside me an opposing idea. Likewise, when I do agree it is because I have an internal connection to the idea presented.

Therefore, words, particularly written words, aren't the most powerful thing in life. our basic nature is. This doesn't mean words are powerless, just that they are not the most fundamental part of life. or as my dog would say. woof woof woof woof woof bark woof. which translates roughly to: These aren't words. They're emotional and physiological expulsions.
Judah

Pro

well i still think about what i said earlier. everything you decide to do is word based. a thought or emotion is also a word. the bible says,"in the beginning was the word, and the word was with GOD, and the word was GOD." if i think about what i want to be in life then it is done by arranging words that i know and comprehend into a system that i can execute with my life. emotion is a word. if i want to be a teacher, i would read, study, and examine the words that teachers read, studied and executed to become a teacher. look around yourself. see if you can look at something that is not tied to a word.

go downtown or uptown. look at all the city buildings with names on them. whats your name? you spoke of mental capacities. that all begins with words also. our country is fighting because of executed words right now. the country we live in was built on a couple pieces of parchment. your father used words to meet your mother. face it my friend, if there are no words then there are no visions. words invoke and provoke us to think of more words to debate with. is it odd that we debate right now with the very thing that you take lightly. can me and you debate without words? there are many different types of expressions of word.

if you do not act a word, how can you produce the power that comes from action. no word equals no action. a tree is known by its fruit. people have killed themselves over a few words. also people have lived a better life because of the words they decided to act on. words are life. if you do not believe that then how do you suppose you act. every move you make in the earth tells a story. the written word is the greatest teacher that man has ever had. it is durable, and in the correct form it does not change. words are everything. show me anything in the earth that does not begin with a word, and i will give you another word that justifies my comment. words are everything.
sammer_the_hammer

Con

You're inverting the natural order of existence. First came the action, then the word for it. Without a name the action still exists. Without words life would go on. It would be different to be certain, but not necessarily in a bad way. Consider the proposition that all ideas could be conveyed wordlessly through action or image. also consider that math is not word based, but symbol based. the words just simplify it so that it can be understood in a non-direct sense.

However, as in my first argument I concede words have power. But they are not the most significant part of reality. and I thought you said we wouldn't drag God into this... but you did. Your words there didn't really hold the power did they?

Without man and the written and existing word based communication system, the world would and does still exist. There are not words for everything, nevertheless everything continues to be. that's the main thrust of the debate as I see it in our topic of debate. I counter that everything is the key to words. The more there is the more words there are to describe it all, if there was nothing there would be no words. To re-iterate, no words does not equal the absence of everything. the absence of everything does equal the absence of words.
Judah

Pro

so are you saying that you would be here if someone did not operate the word that brought you into this existence? you would have emotionally and thoughtfully brought yourself into this life right? get real my friend. you sound like an over studied scientist using words that someone wrote in a book.

the written word has inspired the greatest in the world to be who they are. what words did you study in school to become who you are? suppose a loved one dies. would you rather have a fading emotional thought, or would you rather have a photographed word tattooed onto paper? i had the type of grandmother that wrote a

letter to her grandkids before they were even born. my letter said, "dear grandson, if i should go to sleep before i see you again then just know that i am supportive of whatever you decide to do in this life. always be honest and full of integrity. do whatever it takes to succeed and you will succeed."

those written words are above emotional because they cause emotions and thoughts. simple thinkers say one thing but truly do not comprehend. we are battling with written words my friend. what emotions will you call on now?
your emotional talk is the language of the unbelief that you hold in your heart. why deny the truth. the written word has created this entire system outside of nature. the written word says...i will teach you children...i will inspire champions and winners...emotions will be with me and are a result of my creativity.
sammer_the_hammer

Con

Again, I will re-iterate one of my primary points, that words are not without value. In fact they are a primary component of my day to day existence and how I navigate through and communicate with the world. However this does not make them the key to everything. Had my parents never used a word in their lives, say they're autistic to the point where they can't use words, that would in no way have made it impossible for them to procreate and as a result I would still exist in a system outside of spoken or written words. The fact that the written word is the currently accepted paradigm for communication does not mean it is the only possibility, and furthermore it is definitely not the key to everything. Everything is the key to itself, words only enable us to communicate and in the case of your grandmother leave a more powerfully lasting legacy.

Simply put, words are NOT the key to everything. They are only a useful tool, albeit a tool I gladly use daily. Like any tool, they can be used in a positive, negative, or neutral way, but as I already stated, they can only be used to describe things, actions, places, emotions, thoughts, feelings and so forth that already exist.

Its the simple.
Posted by sammer_the_hammer 9 years ago
sammer_the_hammer
oh no! I misspelled that last phrase. It should read "its THAT simple" to make sense.

ah well.
Posted by Judah 9 years ago
Judah
we were debating the written word.
Posted by my.matryoshka 9 years ago
my.matryoshka
Are you talking about the written word? Or words in general?
Posted by Judah 9 years ago
Judah
words are the key to everything. what don't you understand about the debate? either you think what i said is true, or not. if it is not true that is what we debate about.
Posted by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
I second what IraqiState said; I can't understand the premise. The "written word" part intrigued me because I am a writer, but I don't what point we'd actually be debating.
Posted by IraqiStateOfAmerica 9 years ago
IraqiStateOfAmerica
what exactly are we supposed to argue or debate about? You need to be more specific.
Posted by SperoAmicus 9 years ago
SperoAmicus
I wouldn't know how to debate that one.
Posted by Judah 9 years ago
Judah
come on somebody let us debate!
Vote Placed by Kingtruffles 9 years ago
Kingtruffles
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied
Vote Placed by Judah 9 years ago
Judah
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied
Vote Placed by BornDebater 9 years ago
BornDebater
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied
Vote Placed by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied
Vote Placed by Leonitus_Trujillo 9 years ago
Leonitus_Trujillo
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied
Vote Placed by sammer_the_hammer 9 years ago
sammer_the_hammer
Judahsammer_the_hammerTied